Movies you've seen recently II

I was gonna try watching that this weekend, but I'd never heard of it and thought I'd wait and see what some of you said about it.

Juliette Lewis has been an adult in other stuff and I didn't mind at all, I think she's awesome. I actually watched Kalifornia last night for the first time since it was brand new after you mentioned it last week. Enjoyed it.
The ditsy JL teen is all I ever see. Her in Kali, Cape Fear, Dusk Tull dawn, NBk. It’s a problem with me. She does well in all her roles.

The ditsy JL teen is all I ever see. Her in Kali, Cape Fear, Dusk Tull dawn, NBk. It’s a problem with me. She does well in all her roles.
I saw her in something not too long ago that was totally different for her and I can't remember what it was. I looked at her list and still can't figure it out. I remember the movie sucked but I liked her character. Anyway, I liked her in What's eating Gilbert Grape, Christmas Vacation and Husbands and Wives. She's in a new one I haven't seen yet but plan on watching soon called A Million Little Pieces.

I saw her in something not too long ago that was totally different for her and I can't remember what it was. I looked at her list and still can't figure it out. I remember the movie sucked but I liked her character. Anyway, I liked her in What's eating Gilbert Grape, Christmas Vacation and Husbands and Wives. She's in a new one I haven't seen yet but plan on watching soon called A Million Little Pieces.

Ma is actually a fun little movie but Juliette doesn't really have much to do in it. As for A Million Little Pieces, I read the book it was the one that had all the big controversy because Oprah got behind it as a memoir then it was revealed that the author made it all up which I don't see the big deal about, it's fiction, who cares? It was still a good book. Not a feel good at all.

Reactions: BadJerry20 and Behr
Cool. If Newt says its a fun little movie I'll probably like it. I just have to stay away from the ones he says are moving, beautifully allegorical misdirections, metaphorically powerful etc.

You are catching on.

Terminator Dark Fate was a solid 2.5/5. Basically, same story as T2, just ridiculous action scenarios, but I enjoyed my popcorn.

P.S. Linda Hamilton's countenance makes me feel really old.

Also, finally watched Everest. 3.5/5, good visuals, plenty of suspense, but it didn't come close to matching the book "Into Thin Air."

Terminator Dark Fate was a solid 2.5/5. Basically, same story as T2, just ridiculous action scenarios, but I enjoyed my popcorn.

P.S. Linda Hamilton's countenance makes me feel really old.
Her looks are from smoking. I know she has aged but the smoking accelerated even more rapidly in her case.

Cool. If Newt says its a fun little movie I'll probably like it. I just have to stay away from the ones he says are moving, beautifully allegorical misdirections, metaphorically powerful etc.
“I saw, was enraptured and expelled the fetus...all before my lit French cig reached the end of it’s holder.”
- Newt prolly

Reactions: Behr
“I saw, was enraptured and expelled the fetus...all before my lit French cig reached the end of it’s holder.”
- Newt prolly

I like that you keep delivering fresh material. You are dedicated to giving us new bits and I commend your vigor.

I watched 500 days of summer last night. Good grief. Lol, I hate movies that go back and forth like that and she's not cute enough that seeing her neckit would have made it watchable. Couldn't wait for it to end.

*The chicks name at the end was cool though.

Gonna watch Scott Pilgrim tonight or tomorrow night.

Lol I had a feeling you wouldn't like it. I liked the back and forth, just because we do tend to hate the things we loved about people when it's over. Also, I just wanna ****...both...at the same time...while wearing a top hat and bow tie...in front of you.

Flashback to the RomCom discussion, Mr Right might be the best one.
Was just about to post that and The Way Way back were two of my favorites with him.

3 Billboards was excellent but I hated the ending enough that it almost ruins the whole thing for me. I'm admittedly irrational about that, but it is what it is. Even movies that were just okay or really bad but had an ending I really liked can change my opinion of the movie in its whole.

If you think that's weird, go back to post 6616 and read the last sentence.

Reactions: BadJerry20
3 Billboards was excellent but I hated the ending enough that it almost ruins the whole thing for me. I'm admittedly irrational about that, but it is what it is. Even movies that were just okay or really bad but had an ending I really liked can change my opinion of the movie in its whole.
Agree with thoughts on endings.

If I'm gonna watch what you want to show me, don't make me have to decide how it ends. That's lazy

VN Store

Back