Opinions on Zach Evans Situation

Yeah I'm not really an evaluator or anything lol. Henry and Lewis both look big to me. If this guy comes in I just trust in the staff. If it happens I would hope he turns out to be something special. Take the starting job and run around, over or thru them in the Charlotte game without letting off the gas pedal all season long. Be something special. It's been too long since we've seen it and with the huge question mark at QB I'd sure like to see it again soon.
gotcha. and yeah, by all accounts, from a physical talent standpoint, the kid is legit.

if he can get it together mentally or whatever, i'd say the sky's the limit.

basically, imo, his only limitation at this point, are those that he puts on himself, even if unintentionally.....

Reactions: Devo182
You really can't be right about anything, can you?

Dooley was way over his head. But Brown leaving was a lot more about the promises made by Kiffin that Dooley wouldn't or couldn't fulfill than anything Dooley did. Brown was a head case and prima donna. He was never even close to "good" at UT or the NFL. An absolute TON of talent wasted because of his attitude and sense of entitlement.
and a coach that left in the middle of the night.

there was a lot of talent that came in that 09 class that we really never did find out about.

lots of waste with that move.

Reactions: sjt18
People read too much into the mind of an 18-19 year old young person. I gathered from from reading about ZE that he was looking away from Texas, not the University just Texas. If UT has the chance, get him! If Evans wants to be a VOL, that is a great pick up, if not I hope he goes to another non SEC School. Pruitt seems to have a decent view of what UT can bring to the table. Discounting the value of a player with his abilities would be a mistake. JMO.

Two words that kill any enthusiasm I may have for this: Bryce Brown. Vols survived his circus and got him on campus and he was a head case on the team just like he had been throughout the recruiting process. Evans looks like the same story, second chapter.

This. Thus far, it smells exactly like Bryce Brown II.

Last edited:
People read too much into the mind of an 18-19 year old young person. I gathered from from reading about ZE that he was looking away from Texas, not the University just Texas. If UT has the chance, get him! If Evans wants to be a VOL, that is a great pick up, if not I hope he goes to another non SEC School. Pruitt seems to have a decent view of what UT can bring to the table. Discounting the value of a player with his abilities would be a mistake. JMO.

Maybe you should actually google "Zachary Evans running back" before you post next time...just a thought.

The Last 5-Star: Updating the Wild Recruitment of RB Zachary Evans

You really can't be right about anything, can you?

Dooley was way over his head. But Brown leaving was a lot more about the promises made by Kiffin that Dooley wouldn't or couldn't fulfill than anything Dooley did. Brown was a head case and prima donna. He was never even close to "good" at UT or the NFL. An absolute TON of talent wasted because of his attitude and sense of entitlement.
Of course my biggest fanboy wants to engage with me about this subject.

Soryy your idol Dooley was a clown and a loser. Any smart person saw that early. You hing on as one of his diehard supporters and hated Jones because of it. Dooley was as crappy at coaching as you are at qb evaluations.

Dooley should have made him the starter. he wanted to act like Saban when he was a career loser. Brown smartly got away.

Brown had over 500 yards with Marlin Lane ahead of him and a hip injury. He was good here and would have easliy had a 1000 yard season the next year. He made the NFL and had a 200 yard rushing performance.

He was good. Your idol Dooley just sucked.

Apparently, the Zach mess has its origins when he refused to surrender his cellphone to his HS coach. Further made a big deal out of it. I have no idea why the coach would demand this but his refusal to do so resulted in suspensions whereby he was not allowed to play in certain games. Having been a hardhead myself under certain circumstances, here's what I know. People, including coaches who resent your refusal to prostrate yourself to their authority will make false or semi-true claims against you. Basically, seek to give you a bad rep. I even had one school official make up a fake claim of insubordination against me and place it in my file. Basically, I was "told" to filling out a form that would have resulted in a fund allotment under false to the agency under false claims of services. He need three signatures on the form and I refused. The only thing that saved me in getting my next job was to quote my future boss at the time, "There too many references including phone talks with others you've had contact with that starkly contradicts what this ONE person says on the report. But not all bosses have the good sense to check for facts instead of automatically accepting hearsay as truth. Maybe Zach is facing something similar. Maybe Pruitt is even more smart than we're aware.

Here is an 18 year old kid with superior athletic ability that probably has been given a fairly lenient path to this point. Arguing with a coach about a cell phone and not wanting to follow the rules is pretty immature. However, where does he go from here? He is being pulled in numerous directions from solicited and unsolicited opinions. Some programs in college will tolerate some misbehavior but how did the recruit respond to his past behavior and is it worth the risk? Will the recruit realize how much potential he has and not throw it away? Who knows? But if Mr. Evans will get it together and work hard to improve himself as a player and person then he needs the right mentor. Whatever program he chooses, I just hope it's the right one for him and if it's coach Pruitt, good for us.

Of course my biggest fanboy wants to engage with me about this subject.

Soryy your idol Dooley was a clown and a loser. Any smart person saw that early. You hing on as one of his diehard supporters and hated Jones because of it. Dooley was as crappy at coaching as you are at qb evaluations.

Dooley should have made him the starter. he wanted to act like Saban when he was a career loser. Brown smartly got away.

Brown had over 500 yards with Marlin Lane ahead of him and a hip injury. He was good here and would have easliy had a 1000 yard season the next year. He made the NFL and had a 200 yard rushing performance.

He was good. Your idol Dooley just sucked.

Only in your world are these the stats of a successful college-turned-NFL running back.

bbrowncollege.png

bbrownnfl.png

Was Bryyce Brown really a "head case" on the team? I thot he played pretty well with like 500 yards as FR and plenty of receiving yards. Never heard of a single issue with the team. I think Boy Wonder may have promised him to start and THAT pissed off Tauren Poole, who was probably ahead of him developmentally. But, in no way can I see that laid at BBs feet.

I thought he had a good 1 season and would have been a stud in yr 2 and 3. I've since been a bit concerned that Kiffin got him here via a "bag man" and a variety of promises. His uncleagent yanked him out immediately when CLK left and Dools came in.
His Dad was the nutjob. By all accounts Bryce was a good kid that loved Knoxville and missed it terribly after he was forced to transfer

Reactions: njvols and Remy
I think that we can all agree that we would be so excited to see Zach Evans in the orange in white. However, he’s got many other schools in mind. He recently visited rocky top and it was clear to see that he enjoyed it. Will Zach Evans be a vol?
This is a new take and definitely worthy of starting a new thread on Zachary Evans.

Only in your world are these the stats of a successful college-turned-NFL running back.

bbrowncollege.png

bbrownnfl.png
Signed into one of your alts I see.

I said he was a good player. Not had a great career. Your reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking.

He had a good year for a freshman with a 1000 yard rusher in front of him.

The average NFL career is three years . He played four and had two games over 165 yards rushing.

He was obviously very talented and a good player at UT. We are discussing at UT. Dooley wasted his talent.

I think that we can all agree that we would be so excited to see Zach Evans in the orange in white. However, he’s got many other schools in mind. He recently visited rocky top and it was clear to see that he enjoyed it. Will Zach Evans be a vol?
Honestly im not getting my hopes up over him. If he comes to the hill great but if not best of luck to the kid. Rb's are literally a dime a dozen. Plus i think Gray could be special and he would only stunt his growth. Jmo

Two words that kill any enthusiasm I may have for this: Bryce Brown. Vols survived his circus and got him on campus and he was a head case on the team just like he had been throughout the recruiting process. Evans looks like the same story, second chapter.
Yes. He’s a really good player but might be more trouble than he’s worth.
We’ll see what happens.

Signed into one of your alts I see.

I said he was a good player. Not had a great career. Your reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking.

He had a good year for a freshman with a 1000 yard rusher in front of him.

The average NFL career is three years . He played four and had two games over 165 yards rushing.

He was obviously very talented and a good player at UT. We are discussing at UT. Dooley wasted his talent.

Lol, so calling you on your BS means I'm someone's alt?

Wow, two games of over 165 yards from a 5* prospect who was such a head case that he only played in 14 games in a college career that saw him at two different schools, and still declare for the draft early.

Wonder why Philly traded him after 2013 to the Bills, who then traded him to the Seahawks, who then cut him loose entirely.

How is it that they don't have your eye for true talent and missed out on the glory that was Bryce Brown?

Last edited:
Reactions: jacvols and sjt18
How many 17 and 18 year old kids are still wavering a decision now, i don't know of another one doing this, just dragging it on, i wish coach would just move on from Evans.

The only thing left here that intrigues me is that there hasn't been any voicing from Evans or anyone associated with him. All we hear lately has been 100% media generated.
From what i understand, the completion of high school credits and enrollment in a school is the only way he can 'legally' (via the NCAA) make it known.
Does his silence indicate he has a decision made and is just waiting until all his high school credits are complete so he can enroll in a school to announce?

Some on here have compared this to the Bryce brown debacle. I'm not saying it isn't different, but it isn't completely 100% the same either.
The one thing that does stand out to me in the comparing of the two is they both seem to have that prima-donna "I'm the best and will tell you all the time" attitude.
Brown got rudely woke when he tried to hop schools and go to the NFL.
Hopefully, Evans comes to a school like Tennessee with a strong coaching staff that can help put him in his place and correct the attitude.

All that said, if he does come to UT and the haughty attitude remains and does not correct, he will not be here long.
Pruitt and company have already proven that out with others to both ends, the good outcome being a guy like Juan Jennings and the bad being guys that were four and five stars that left the program.

If 5 supermodels walk in and say you have decide which one you want to get it on with, and you refuse to pick one, it's probably because you're gay.

I just don't think the kid really wants to play football. May be just that simple.

The only thing left here that intrigues me is that there hasn't been any voicing from Evans or anyone associated with him. All we hear lately has been 100% media generated.
From what i understand, the completion of high school credits and enrollment in a school is the only way he can 'legally' (via the NCAA) make it known.
Does his silence indicate he has a decision made and is just waiting until all his high school credits are complete so he can enroll in a school to announce?

Some on here have compared this to the Bryce brown debacle. I'm not saying it isn't different, but it isn't completely 100% the same either.
The one thing that does stand out to me in the comparing of the two is they both seem to have that prima-donna "I'm the best and will tell you all the time" attitude.
Brown got rudely woke when he tried to hop schools and go to the NFL.
Hopefully, Evans comes to a school like Tennessee with a strong coaching staff that can help put him in his place and correct the attitude.

All that said, if he does come to UT and the haughty attitude remains and does not correct, he will not be here long.
Pruitt and company have already proven that out with others to both ends, the good outcome being a guy like Juan Jennings and the bad being guys that were four and five stars that left the program.
He's already graduated from high school.

And he can verbally commit to whoever, wherever he wants.

You are correct in that there's nothing binding and nothing will much matter until he enrolls somewhere.

Reactions: IndianaVol

VN Store

Back