Opinions on Zach Evans Situation

Of course my biggest fanboy wants to engage with me about this subject.

Soryy your idol Dooley was a clown and a loser. Any smart person saw that early. You hing on as one of his diehard supporters and hated Jones because of it. Dooley was as crappy at coaching as you are at qb evaluations.

Dooley should have made him the starter. he wanted to act like Saban when he was a career loser. Brown smartly got away.

Brown had over 500 yards with Marlin Lane ahead of him and a hip injury. He was good here and would have easliy had a 1000 yard season the next year. He made the NFL and had a 200 yard rushing performance.

He was good. Your idol Dooley just sucked.
Marlin Lane? You’re better. Montario Hardesty.

I’d say most fans would be mildly excited to have him on board. I’d view any production we get out of him as a bonus. We already have one excellent running back in the fold. If Evans came in and worked hard I’d be supportive and excited. But would fully expect him to end up transferring, quitting, or being kicked off the team before his three years are up
Any logical reason behind this take?

I would love to land Z Evans, but the more film I’ve watched I am more excited out 2021 Treveyon Henderson

It's been a few years and I didn't Google. I know he had a 1000 yard rusher ahead and he had 500 with a bad hip.
It’s cool. Don’t agree with you that he was blameless in the waste of his talent...and it was a waste. If he goes to Kansas State and works one iota, then you could rehab his college image...he didn’t. He wanted to coast on respect he hadn’t earned. Aaron Douglas didn’t buy into Dooley either so it wasn’t an isolated incident, but Aaron tragically had his own personal issues. Great natural talent who didn’t care enough to use it...waste. You can blame everything else but the young man but he wasn’t thrown into a gulag...he transferred.

I hope we can get him but isn’t gonna affect me in the least bit. We are going to be a good football team and a better football team in years to come with or without him.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
It’s been a long time since Tennessee has had a dominant RB. If this kid is legit you take him and try to sort out these issues if possible. The difference between this kid and Arian Foster probably is only in social media and constant exposure.

We’ve got a great Oline in the works and Gray looks decent so far. But we need to start getting a stable of elite RBs like the old days.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Any logical reason behind this take?

Just the way he’s handled his recruitment. It’s incredibly similar to Bryce brown. And not just the recruitment...he’s had multiple off the field incidents resulting in being suspended etc in high school. He’s a talented kid but definitely has some red flags. Again...I’d say we take him and hope for the best. But just don’t be too disappointed if he up having discipline issues and transfers. Bryce played 1 year, transferred to kstate and quit the team there. Wouldn’t be suprised is Evans has a similar career...wherever he ends up

It’s been a long time since Tennessee has had a dominant RB. If this kid is legit you take him and try to sort out these issues if possible. The difference between this kid and Arian Foster probably is only in social media and constant exposure.

We’ve got a great Oline in the works and Gray looks decent so far. But we need to start getting a stable of elite RBs like the old days.

You really think this guys film reminds you of Arian Foster?

What an original retort.
Didn’t think it needed to be original honestly. I was comparing the two because both are divas; one just came in the age of social media. Nothing I said had anything to do with tape but since we’re talking about tape; how many elite programs have offered and pursued this kid based off his tape? If Pruitt views him as worth the trouble then I’m good with it. He might turn out to be a headcase but a lot of kids come from questionable environments and do fine once they’re in a structured program.

Reactions: Behr
Jeebus, could we use a 5* #1 running back? Yes. Do we have room for a 5* #1 running back? Yes. Does it seem that the head coach has proven he can deal with locker room problems? Yes. I don't see the issue. I hope we get him.

Reactions: CR-vol
Read where Evans has high interest in Ohio State but they have no interest because of major character issue problems
Ohio State: Buckeyes have Zach Evans talk, Marcus Bradley cuts list to 10

Would Evans have an interest in Ohio State? Sources indicate that he would, but to this point the message from the folks in command of the Buckeyes has not changed. Could that position eventually change? Maybe, but it’s hard to see that occurring unless Evans were to spend the next year in a prep-school program or junior college program that allows him to develop himself from a maturity standpoint and provides him a chance to prove that he’s capable of the rigors of college life on and off the field.

It's hard to take anything that Evans says seriously at this point, given his how he has chosen behave during his recruitment.
A timeline of Zachary Evans' all-time crazy recruitment

Smart coaches will stay away from him until he gets his act together, maybe a year or so in JUCO will settle him down, maybe not.

Reactions: tbh
If it is true that both Ohio State and Georgia passed due to concerns over this young mans behavior then that says a great deal, neither program is exactly known for running diciplined programs. Of course that is all just rumors, but I would err on the side of caution with this. We do not have an elite running back, but we do have some good ones already.

VN Store

Back