Quarterbacks Orange

I don't understand why any Vol fan gets caught up with him being rated a dual threat out of HS. It was clear after his 1st 2 or 3 games as a Fr that he wasn't going to be a DT QB and I'm surprised all our couch coaches did not notice that and are still moaning about it 3 years later.

I'm not hung up on anything, I don't know what your problem is but he was considered a DT prospect in high school. Period.

jg in hs his senior year rushed for a whopping 206 yards avg 2.5 yds per carry. His four star rating had to be based on camp performance because his hs stats certainly don't support it. He had 11 td passing his senior year. They played 10 games. How in the world could a person even look at his highlight video and think he could be very successful in the sec.
I would agree with you. It has been mentioned before that what the coaches see in the games is not what they see/saw in practice. May have had a great camp, who knows

False. Brandon winbush has higher scores. Your a liar
https://www.foxsports.com/college-f...see-qb-commit-he-s-almost-too-talented-070915

"Guarantano just set the all-time SPARQ rating at the quarterback position.
If SPARQ is an unfamiliar term, Nike created it in 2004 to measure the overall athletic ability of elite athletes. The word is an acronym for Speed, Power, Agility, Reaction and Quickness.
Needless to say, Guarantano very well could be the most gifted athlete to ever suit up for Tennessee at the quarterback position."

Take it up with FoxSports and a bunch of other sites that reported it. So worst case he was second best ever in athletic ability.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-f...see-qb-commit-he-s-almost-too-talented-070915

If SPARQ is an unfamiliar term, Nike created it in 2004 to measure the overall athletic ability of elite athletes. The word is an acronym for Speed, Power, Agility, Reaction and Quickness.
Needless to say, Guarantano very well could be the most gifted athlete to ever suit up for Tennessee at the quarterback position."

Take it up with FoxSports and a bunch of other sites that reported it. So worst case he was second best ever in athletic ability.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200214-125555_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200214-125555_Chrome.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 10

In case you needed more.
Penn State QB commit Brandon Wimbush impressing at The Opening

Obviously a good sparq score doesnt translate to points on the board....JG is an all american practice and camp player. Period...

In case you needed more.
Penn State QB commit Brandon Wimbush impressing at The Opening

Obviously a good sparq score doesnt translate to points on the board....JG is an all american practice and camp player. Period...
Got me there. It was just reported to be the highest ever. He actually was only the second most athletic ever. Gotcha

So you are telling me against high level talent, when everyone has equal talent pretty much he shines? Great. Maybe since our talent level is rising and we won't be so outmatched as much he may have a great year.

Reading through this looks like JG is great at camps, great at practice per Pruitt.great at Elite 11and probably looks like a prototypical QB getting off the Bus. Probably will impress NFL Scouts if he gets invite to combine. ......But in real games HS & college ....He just mediocre when you get in the red zone . 3rd down situations and moving in the pocket and virtually no wheels for the run game , no check offs but he will be the best in Spring/Summer and will start vs Charlotte first game.

Got me there. It was just reported to be the highest ever. He actually was only the second most athletic ever. Gotcha

So you are telling me against high level talent, when everyone has equal talent pretty much he shines? Great. Maybe since our talent level is rising and we won't be so outmatched as much he may have a great year.
So are you suggesting that out talent level hasnt been up to JGs level???

Reading through this looks like JG is great at camps, great at practice per Pruitt.great at Elite 11and probably looks like a prototypical QB getting off the Bus. Probably will impress NFL Scouts if he gets invite to combine. ......But in real games HS & college ....He just mediocre when you get in the red zone . 3rd down situations and moving in the pocket and virtually no wheels for the run game , no check offs but he will be the best in Spring/Summer and will start vs Charlotte first game.
There is a reason the RSJR jordan love had a similar season in a smaller conference and will get drafted. JG wasn't even in the conversation for the NFL...
He will be mentioned next year. But ill be shocked if he gets drafted at all..

The talent around him hasn't been up to the teams that beat us like UGA, FL, and Bama.
Whats that have to do with his sparq score?? Its practice. He has always done well in 7 on 7..air drills ..honestly i think he has trouble seeing the field. He was much more effective in Heltons west
coast passing game

Whats that have to do with his sparq score?? Its practice. He has always done well in 7 on 7..air drills ..honestly i think he has trouble seeing the field. He was much more effective in Heltons west
coast passing game
Are you serious?

I was saying he has more scramble ability than shown as he has a historically high SPARQ score. You disputed his ranking.

You then made the unrelated point about his practice and camp performance. I then responded to that point by highlighting that when he is in setting with equal talent on his team and the other he shines. You brought up practice and camp performance you genius.

He was not better in Helton's o. He was better this year and has gotten better each year. He will be even better next year.

Are you serious?

I was saying he has more scramble ability than shown as he has a historically high SPARQ score. You disputed his ranking.

You then made the unrelated point about his practice and camp performance. I then responded to that point by highlighting that when he is in setting with equal talent on his team and the other he shines. You brought up practice and camp performance you genius.

He was not better in Helton's o. He was better this year and has gotten better each year. He will be even better next year.
If he had the scrambling ability he’d use it on broken plays. No kid INVITES a hit because his coaches advised him not to run. Hell.... it was obvious they told Maurer the same thing vs UK and all he did was average 10 yards a carry on busted plays. You either got it or you don’t.

If he had the scrambling ability he’d use it on broken plays. No kid INVITES a hit because his coaches advised him not to run. Hell.... it was obvious they told Maurer the same thing vs UK and all he did was average 10 yards a carry on busted plays. You either got it or you don’t.
Sorry, I know you probably changed it when they BENCHED Maurer because you aren't a UT fan. JG had a good rushing day vs UK. He also picked up a few big first downs with scrambles and a made a few nice plays by extending the play.

Don't worry. We know you didn't watch the game when your buddy wasn't in. We forgive your ignorance on the matter.

Sorry, I know you probably changed it when they BENCHED Maurer because you aren't a UT fan. JG had a good rushing day vs UK. He also picked up a few big first downs with scrambles and a made a few nice plays by extending the play.

Don't worry. We know you didn't watch the game when your buddy wasn't in. We forgive your ignorance on the matter.
Now you’re reaching buddy. If you can’t come up with a respectable argument just take the L and move on. Or disappear like you do. I watched every play. However it’s obvious you did not. You’ve been accused many times by many people on that subject. It explains your lack of knowledge on the details of any said game.
I know all too well that JG had a good day vs UK. You won’t find a post of mine disputing that. You see.... the difference between you and I is I give credit where it’s DUE. You on the other hand create false narratives to support your delusional opinions.

I don't understand why any Vol fan gets caught up with him being rated a dual threat out of HS. It was clear after his 1st 2 or 3 games as a Fr that he wasn't going to be a DT QB and I'm surprised all our couch coaches did not notice that and are still moaning about it 3 years later.
...and he's not exactly the first QB that ran around in HS that turned into a dropback passer.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

VN Store

Back