Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m from a generation where the parents were beyond practical with pets and their kids grew up to value them as part of the family and you go that extra mile for your family. Understand your dad’s thinking but like you, I’ll live better without $3000+ in my savings than I would shortening my lil girl’s life. You know they’d do it for us. Thanks for the thumbs up on the decision.
They definitely would do it for us! And even though they can't say it, that's why we love them so dang much!

Today has been a tough day VN. The time finally came for my childhood pup to pass on. She almost made it to 17 years old. I’m 26, and have never lived too far from home, so we really did grow up together. She will always hold a special place with me because of that. Even though she had some arthritis and couldn’t see or hear very well these last few years, she’d still work her way up stairs to nap in my room whether I was home or away. And wood floors too that’s no easy feat for any old dog paws!

I’m going to miss that pup dearly. Give y’alls pets some extra love and treats for me tonight!
I'm so sorry!!!

Today has been a tough day VN. The time finally came for my childhood pup to pass on. She almost made it to 17 years old. I’m 26, and have never lived too far from home, so we really did grow up together. She will always hold a special place with me because of that. Even though she had some arthritis and couldn’t see or hear very well these last few years, she’d still work her way up stairs to nap in my room whether I was home or away. And wood floors too that’s no easy feat for any old dog paws!

I’m going to miss that pup dearly. Give y’alls pets some extra love and treats for me tonight!
so sorry bruh, for real

1st, truly sorry.

Been thru it a few times now. Mentioned we picked up a rescue and she's already 8. Which isn't that bad but due to extenuating circumstances, likely to have a shorter life than normal.

But we're determined to make every moment count for her after everything she's been thru. Not the silly over pampering but just companionship. My daughter jokes that she's our favorite child, haha.

Honestly not sure why I'm saying any of this. Other than sharing stories seems to be what we do in these times. Just know we'll be thinking of you guys and consider that extra treat given, and done so in honor.
Okay, I have to go hug my dog! By the way, my kids used to argue over who was my favorite. Then we got the dog, and they agreed she is the favorite! Her name was the first word for my first two grandkids. Not sure how we will make it without her.

Interesting tidbit from the Investopedia daily newsletter:

“The Chinese government has mobilized on all fronts to backstop the economy. It is easing lending restrictions on banks, softening some tax rules on consumers, pledging over $10 billion to fight the virus, and releasing 20,000 tons of frozen pork from its reserve.

“Yes, China has a strategic pork reserve. They keep approximately 200,000 tons.”

Last edited:
Bird arrived in the NBA at the advent of the 3 point shot. Offenses weren’t built around it until Doug Moe and Don Nelson treaded that water. Even dallying with it Bird was an assassin but he had too complete a game and threw himself around too freely to focus on it. Detested him and the Celtics in the day now properly appreciate his greatness. One guy to shoot a last second 3 to win the game and ANYBODY to choose from? Bird any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
One of my favorite players hands down....

The school and HC have no choice in the matter.

Innocent until proven guilty. They should be allowed to continue their studies until the case is done.

All to often this happens and the girl gets to drag the guy / guys through the mud. Her name and face should be out in the media just like theirs.

Before everyone jumps me, if they are guilty and it is proven, then they should be castrated.

Question for the pet owners, do you all leave your pets outside for an extended period of time? I believe some animals prefer to be outside, when I was growing up, our dogs stayed outside, so it was normal to me. As I've gotten older, the dogs stay in the house.
The reason i ask, is because on our neighborhood app, a neighbor made the comment that he leaves his dogs outside unless its extremely cold or rains, and they lit into his ass. I didnt see a problem, because they are his dogs and he says that they enjoy it. Some lady even said she was calling the people on him....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back