Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today has been a tough day VN. The time finally came for my childhood pup to pass on. She almost made it to 17 years old. I’m 26, and have never lived too far from home, so we really did grow up together. She will always hold a special place with me because of that. Even though she had some arthritis and couldn’t see or hear very well these last few years, she’d still work her way up stairs to nap in my room whether I was home or away. And wood floors too that’s no easy feat for any old dog paws!

I’m going to miss that pup dearly. Give y’alls pets some extra love and treats for me tonight!
Very sorry to hear about this. Pets are family.

Today has been a tough day VN. The time finally came for my childhood pup to pass on. She almost made it to 17 years old. I’m 26, and have never lived too far from home, so we really did grow up together. She will always hold a special place with me because of that. Even though she had some arthritis and couldn’t see or hear very well these last few years, she’d still work her way up stairs to nap in my room whether I was home or away. And wood floors too that’s no easy feat for any old dog paws!

I’m going to miss that pup dearly. Give y’alls pets some extra love and treats for me tonight!
Made the decision today to allow surgery on my 14 year old chihuaha. Acts perfectly healthy but stopped eating for 2 days. Almost had her put down on Saturday but my daughter’s boyfriend had some Whataburger and she went after the fries. Now able to get the occasional chicken nugget down. Needs to close up a bad hernia and remove a small obstruction. Nerve wracking worrying about her making it through surgery but she’s my little princess and I can’t watch her starve to death if there’s a chance. Pray I’m making the right decision and lucky to have a wife that backs me.

Enough of me. Feeling for you. Vital part of your life to lose. Stay strong and comfort yourself that you were her good human and made her life better.

So sorry to hear that

I'm so sorry!

Sorry bro

Man this is painful to read. I’m sorry for your loss. I wish animals lived longer. That’s family

Made the decision today to allow surgery on my 14 year old chihuaha. Acts perfectly healthy but stopped eating for 2 days. Almost had her put down on Saturday but my daughter’s boyfriend had some Whataburger and she went after the fries. Now able to get the occasional chicken nugget down. Needs to close up a bad hernia and remove a small obstruction. Nerve wracking worrying about her making it through surgery but she’s my little princess and I can’t watch her starve to death if there’s a chance. Pray I’m making the right decision and lucky to have a wife that backs me.

Enough of me. Feeling for you. Vital part of your life to lose. Stay strong and comfort yourself that you were her good human and made her life better.
Thanks man I appreciate that and I think you are making the right decision for your pup and hope they come out better than ever! I did my best to persuade my dad to get the cataract surgery for our pup, but he wouldn't do it. Money is not an issue, but he always acted like it was. There might be a lesson for me there as I move toward a more professional and responsible life, but I still think he should've done it, especially with how much longer she was around.

I'm so sorry!
I appreciate it! She was a great doggo! Lived about 10 years passed her prime, which was both a blessing yet sad to see! The vet would always send her back home as healthy, just getting old, but today her heart just couldn't do it anymore. Happened really fast, and I wish I could've been there with her, but my mom was there for her, and my mom is the closest thing to an angel i've ever met, so I'm glad my pup at least had her.

1st, truly sorry.

Been thru it a few times now. Mentioned we picked up a rescue and she's already 8. Which isn't that bad but due to extenuating circumstances, likely to have a shorter life than normal.

But we're determined to make every moment count for her after everything she's been thru. Not the silly over pampering but just companionship. My daughter jokes that she's our favorite child, haha.

Honestly not sure why I'm saying any of this. Other than sharing stories seems to be what we do in these times. Just know we'll be thinking of you guys and consider that extra treat given, and done so in honor.

Man this is painful to read. I’m sorry for your loss. I wish animals lived longer. That’s family
Thanks! and damn me too! Its a strange thing how special dogs become in one's life. That dog was with me through quite a lot. I lost a close friend a couple years back and this it feels much the same. They are family!

I appreciate it! She was a great doggo! Lived about 10 years passed her prime, which was both a blessing yet sad to see! The vet would always send her back home as healthy, just getting old, but today her heart just couldn't do it anymore. Happened really fast, and I wish I could've been there with her, but my mom was there for her, and my mom is the closest thing to an angel i've ever met, so I'm glad my pup at least had her.
She sounds like such a great dog I'm sure she knew how much you loved her. And Moms make everything better, so I know she felt the love as she went to the Rainbow Bridge. I love my pets. They truly can help you get through anything.

Thanks man I appreciate that and I think you are making the right decision for your pup and hope they come out better than ever! I did my best to persuade my dad to get the cataract surgery for our pup, but he wouldn't do it. Money is not an issue, but he always acted like it was. There might be a lesson for me there as I move toward a more professional and responsible life, but I still think he should've done it, especially with how much longer she was around.
I’m from a generation where the parents were beyond practical with pets and their kids grew up to value them as part of the family and you go that extra mile for your family. Understand your dad’s thinking but like you, I’ll live better without $3000+ in my savings than I would shortening my lil girl’s life. You know they’d do it for us. Thanks for the thumbs up on the decision.

1st, truly sorry.

Been thru it a few times now. Mentioned we picked up a rescue and she's already 8. Which isn't that bad but due to extenuating circumstances, likely to have a shorter life than normal.

But we're determined to make every moment count for her after everything she's been thru. Not the silly over pampering but just companionship. My daughter jokes that she's our favorite child, haha.

Honestly not sure why I'm saying any of this. Other than sharing stories seems to be what we do in these times. Just know we'll be thinking of you guys and consider that extra treat given, and done so in honor.

I got a good laugh out of that! It is pretty amazing what we will do for our animals! Thanks for the thoughts I appreciate it for sure!

She sounds like such a great dog I'm sure she knew how much you loved her. And Moms make everything better, so I know she felt the love as she went to the Rainbow Bridge. I love my pets. They truly can help you get through anything.
I dropped out of HS and joined/got addicted to VN during the Dooley years - she definitely helped me through a lot! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back