Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this dude's opinion probably carries a little more weight than my own.

Now you look at a stat sheet after a game and the first thing you look at is the threes. If you made threes and the other team did't, you win. You don't even look at the rebounds or the turnovers or how much transition D was involved. You don't even care. That's how much an impact the three-point shot has and it's evidence by how everybody plays...There's no basketball anymore, there's no beauty in it. It's pretty boring. But it is what it is and you need to work with it.
- Gregg Popovich Nov. 2018

Better to hit 3s than 2s, given the dropoff in % isn't enough to offset the point differential. 3s also create better offensive rebound opportunities and spreads the defense. I just don't see any advantage to shooting long 2s.
Ok? So as I said, if everyone can shoot now like hank says...

Reactions: Smokeytom
They could, but is there a per-shot advantage in doing so? I have no idea and am not privy to basketball analytics, but have usually understood driving (layup/dunk/getting fouled/kick out) and 3 pointers (1.5x value that of a jump shot ofc) to be the most valuable plays. This range-merging would also not seem to stress defenses as much as a strategy of "polarizing ranges".
Range merging. Polarizing ranges. You sound like a poker player.

Reactions: Devo182
Pruitt gon’ make ‘at boy a DB.
If what we heard about his practices on the scout team were accurate (I know I know "practice reports"), I'd be disappointed if he never gets a shot at WR. Given our experience at DB and lack of it at WR, it's hard to imagine he doesn't at least begin there.

But cjp certainly loves him some versatile DBs, so wouldn't be surprised either.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back