Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, though that was a rare team built essentially around getting everyone 3s, so motion and screens were very necessary. Some of that was cut when Durant joined. But most teams aren't built that way. Almost like Duke teams of past.
See my post to shoney. It could be done all the same to get mid range shots, which almost everyone in the league can hit now.

Nothing towards you, of course, but man am I sick of Franks. It's like that's the only thing that gets used now to make something "buffalo".
That’s because it’s the original! I still use franks, but more as a foundation. I’ll put it on the stove, add butter, then maybe siracha, or some Cully’s Fire Water, or Da Bomb or anything I want. Sometimes I go just straight Fire Water or other sauces, but I still love the traditions buffalo taste, just kicked up many many Notches on the heat. I like that capsaicin sweat and high!

Sorry players can actually shoot now......
They've always been able to shoot lol they've just added an extra shooter (talking about how most PF are now more of a second SF). It's still not fun basketball. Hardly any movement. Iso ball or pick and rolls make up like 95% of the league. It's a bore until the intensity ratchets up in the playoffs.

Wait! Can I please finish the first one first?

Good lawd, the 1st one?
I can picture it now. Invol gathers kindling, gets the fire to the right temp, pours drink of choice, fluffs cushion, sits, turns on reading lamp, opens book, reads one sentence...closes book.
Opens VN on phone.

See my post to shoney. It could be done all the same to get mid range shots, which almost everyone in the league can hit now.
They could, but is there a per-shot advantage in doing so? I have no idea and am not privy to basketball analytics, but have usually understood driving (layup/dunk/getting fouled/kick out) and 3 pointers (1.5x value that of a jump shot ofc) to be the most valuable plays. This range-merging would also not seem to stress defenses as much as a strategy of "polarizing ranges".

Good lawd, the 1st one?
I can picture it now. Invol gathers kindling, gets the fire to the right temp, pours drink of choice, fluffs cushion, sits, turns on reading lamp, opens book, reads one sentence...closes book.
Opens VN on phone.
Did you hack my security cameras, bruh?

They could, but is there a per-shot advantage in doing so? I have no idea and am not privy to basketball analytics, but have usually understood driving (layup/dunk/getting fouled/kick out) and 3 pointers (1.5x value that of a jump shot ofc) to be the most valuable plays. This range-merging would also not seem to stress defenses as much as a strategy of "polarizing ranges".
Hank says everyone can shoot now so why don't they run those offenses?

Hank says everyone can shoot now so why don't they run those offenses?
Better to hit 3s than 2s, given the dropoff in % isn't enough to offset the point differential. 3s also create better offensive rebound opportunities and spreads the defense. I just don't see any advantage to shooting long 2s.

Last edited:
Well, we could proceed to get into how I hate the defensive rules and how the emphasis on the 3pt shot is a product of certain rule changes, but...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back