Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my thoughts:

Drew Hughes must not have a very high IQ

Rumph and Rocker are excellent position coaches. Rocker's work with the DL especially was something to see. However, both weren't very good recruiters. Rumph was mediocre and Rocker was absolutely terrible as a recruiter.

The guys that we have hired are most likely good coaches, or Pruitt would not have hired them. They are unproven at a program like TN though, especially Felton. Now, they may turn out to be great hires. In fact, they probably will. I doubt they'll be worse recruiters than the guys who just moved on. But we need to hope that the DL coach is a good one because he has big shoes to fill as a teacher.

But, we had the opportunity, with the money to get whoever we wanted. Maybe that's exactly what Pruitt did. However, Pruitt made a mistake in hiring Tyson Helton. He corrected that mistake with Jim Chaney. We had the opportunity to hire a Chaney or Jay type hire for these positions. We didn't do that though. But perhaps these are the guys Pruitt wanted, and if that's the case, then he has a good reason. So I'm sure that everything will be fine with them. I'm not saying they're bad hires. I'm just saying that we don't know yet. It's a wait and see.

But go ahead and crucify me guys. It's fine.

BRUM AND FELTON WILL BE TOP RECRUITERS AND ARE 100000 times better how dare you!!!!

I’m going after @Rishvol. Preemptive strike. He’s got it in for me
i like it. working on my list now too.
giphy.gif

Here's something else to keep in mind. What's the #1 thing that will derail Jeremy Pruitt reaching the next step as a HC?

NCAA violations/issues. Bo Davis for as good as he is would have without question brought package.

The two hires made have deep ties to the SEC area, specifically a few major states of emphasis in recruiting (Georgia, Florida, Mississippi). BOTH home state schools in Mississippi have just hired new Head Coaches who may or may not work out, what neither has though is defensive pedigree. Jimmy B gonna snatch up some of them monster Mississippi boys and we gonna eat some lunches on the LOS, make no mistake about that.

Will he prove to be a better player developer than Rocker? Yet to be seen, he does however have a few NFL DL under his belt though so I like his chances. He'll out recruit Rocker and even if he isn't the same level at PD it'll be easier to hide when you've got a 2 deep of 4 & 5 stars to coach up.

I like Felton (assuming he's the guy) mainly because of his ELITE level of results at every stop he's been and his very, very, very deep roots in Georgia.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but the 3 years Brumbaugh was at Kentucky were the same 3 years Ansley was so they worked closely together and Ansley was even co-DC the last year. So it seems like this is a guy Ansley wanted and knows well. And Felton worked with Pruitt before so he knows what he's getting there. Both seem like great fits. Also interesting that both apparently coached at UTC in the past.

Sorry to have offended you, but I stick by my point of comparing resumes between Brum and Rocker. The difference will be how well Brum recruits IMO. My intention wasn't to hurt feelings, so sorry for that.
You’re not sorry. 😏 Keep it straight, ole buddy, youve been on here too long to resort to the “hurt feelings” bs.

Here are my thoughts:

Drew Hughes must not have a very high IQ

Rumph and Rocker are excellent position coaches. Rocker's work with the DL especially was something to see. However, both weren't very good recruiters. Rumph was mediocre and Rocker was absolutely terrible as a recruiter.

The guys that we have hired are most likely good coaches, or Pruitt would not have hired them. They are unproven at a program like TN though, especially Felton. Now, they may turn out to be great hires. In fact, they probably will. I doubt they'll be worse recruiters than the guys who just moved on. But we need to hope that the DL coach is a good one because he has big shoes to fill as a teacher.

But, we had the opportunity, with the money to get whoever we wanted. Maybe that's exactly what Pruitt did. However, Pruitt made a mistake in hiring Tyson Helton. He corrected that mistake with Jim Chaney. We had the opportunity to hire a Chaney or Jay type hire for these positions. We didn't do that though. But perhaps these are the guys Pruitt wanted, and if that's the case, then he has a good reason. So I'm sure that everything will be fine with them. I'm not saying they're bad hires. I'm just saying that we don't know yet. It's a wait and see.

But go ahead and crucify me guys. It's fine.

Here's where I differ from several people. Not going to pretend that getting someone who's been around the block in the big leagues, isn't comforting, it is.

But after watching Nieds compared to the others, I've been thinking that a balance of proven old dogs and fresh hungry guys, isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back