Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
not a single person on this message board knows more than CJP about hiring or firing coaches. Not one. And he has shown enough at his job so far that us message board folks look dumb when questioning him. If we finished 5-7 and were 27th in recruiting, questioning him would make sense. But he didn’t. He finished the season looking like a damn fine coach and finished recruiting in the Top 10. So I’ll wait to question, but you go ahead with your thoughts.
So you're saying no one is allowed to have an opinion? Or at least not one that goes against yours?

These guys may be great hires, but we don't know. Part of the reason we finished like we did is because of the coaches who left. I'm not sure what you see wrong with questioning unknown quantities, but it seems to upset you that some of us do.

Hurt feelings huh.

By the way, I wasn't the person you were arguing with about the resumes.
But I'll do my best to stop attacking you now so you're not forced to keep "hurting my feelings".

You're a terrible Dalai Lama.😂
U8p0fdu.jpg

So you're saying no one is allowed to have an opinion? Or at least not one that goes against yours?

These guys may be great hires, but we don't know. Part of the reason we finished like we did is because of the coaches who left. I'm not sure what you see wrong with questioning unknown quantities, but it seems to upset you that some of us do.
No, opinions are fine. But maybe do a little homework first. I’m sure Pruitt did.

Sorry to have offended you, but I stick by my point of comparing resumes between Brum and Rocker. The difference will be how well Brum recruits IMO. My intention wasn't to hurt feelings, so sorry for that.

Is it fair to compare resumes when Rocker has a decade+ more experience though?

Jimmy B's only been at it 15 years
As coach:
Tracy Rocker's first 15 years
As coach:

I mean to me LSU, Syracuse, Kentucky, Maryland and Colorado stack up better than West Alabama, Troy State, Cincinnati and Arkansas.... I also like that Jimmy's worked in a few areas too even was a Co-DC at Colorado.

That can't be healthy...what are you paying @nicksjuzunk with your first male child for?
Aspartame’s have the potency of .7 Marajuanas. It doesn’t really matter though because it only takes 1 marajuanas to kill you and by the time you calculate the aspartame’s it’s too late

The complaints that Pruitt isn't hiring proven coaches is a bit lost on me. Last week he hired Chip Long as an analyst. In the past month he hired Jay Graham. Last year he hired Jim Chaney and Derrick Ansley.

Notice all but one of those is on the offensive side of the ball. Pruitt went and promoted Nieds and hired these two guys who aren't household names. So what? Notice something else... they're on the defensive side of the ball. Pruitt and Ansley will make sure they're coaching the guys up properly. Stop freaking out.
Literally no one is complaining or freaking out. No one. (Unless I have them on ignore and didn't see it.)

Why are you being a pansy about this? Pruitt knows more about defensive coaching talent than you ever will....jeez....come on man..🤦‍♂️
No way! It's impossible that Pruitt knows more than me, McGill. I post on Volnation and have almost 100k likes.

I don't think that it upsets him.We all have our own opinions and come here to share them. There is no doubt that Pruitt has a plan in place for coaching hires.Guess we will all find out how good of hires they are pretty soon.

Reactions: SmokinBob

I'm not sure where the opinions are coming from that suddenly Rumph and Rocker have morphed into elite, unreplaceable DL coaches. The main criticisms with the two is their recruiting (or lack thereof, especially for Rocker). A good/great recruiting DL coach will be a huge upgrade.

not a single person on this message board knows more than CJP about hiring or firing coaches. Not one. And he has shown enough at his job so far that us message board folks look dumb when questioning him. If we finished 5-7 and were 27th in recruiting, questioning him would make sense. But he didn’t. He finished the season looking like a damn fine coach and finished recruiting in the Top 10. So I’ll wait to question, but you go ahead with your thoughts.
Yeah.. How dare anyone state and opinion that they DON'T KNOW if these hires are upgrades over Rumph and Rocker. THE AUDACITY!

Reactions: Jack Burton
No, opinions are fine. But maybe do a little homework first. I’m sure Pruitt did.
lmao You don't think I've read a little on these new guys this morning, or compared them to who we're losing? Youth is great, and everyone has to start out somewhere, but experience has its pluses as well. The problem with youth is knowing where they'll go. I sincerely hope these guys turn out to be great hires. But we're currently at a point of trying to turn that all important corner, so the uncertainty that comes with the unproven gives me pause. I've said I'll trust Pruitt on this. And I hope he's gotten it right. But yeah, I have my concerns. I'm not sure why some find that offensive? I'm concerned that the program I love and support makes that next step, so I'm not sure how that's a bad thing.

Ery-one chill....

Braum--- looks to be a great developer of talent and no worse recruiter than Rocker... we are now getting/have DL talent that needs to be developed... just what the Dr ordered... he will max what we have...

Felton-- young, energetic, hungry, stud... looks like he knows what he is doing, already familiar with our program, some good recruiting geography ties... knows he's being given a big opportunity and will bust ass if given the chance, which Pruitt thinks he will or he wouldn't have hired him...

Not splashy hires, but looks like Pruitt already knew he wanted Braum... Yes, we have the money to get just about anyone, so the fact he grabbed him quick means he truly wanted him, so we gotta trust Pruitt and Ansley on this one, as I am sure Ansley had some input ... Taking a bit of a chance with Felton but again, Pruitt saw something he liked... he could have gotten anyone for this and he picked him...

Interesting though that we didn't give Kevin Simon a shot at LB... for goodness sakes he played the position here!
With you on the Kevin Simon thought.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Here come the thought police. Most people are happy to see Rocker and Rumph go because they didn’t give the appropriate effort in recruiting. Some want to see Weinke gone as well. Who hired those people? Pruitt. If you’re happy to see them gone, that means you thought Pruitt made a mistake in hiring them. Therefore, it’s reasonable to voice concerns about Pruitt potentially hiring someone like Felton who has never been a position coach in a power 5 conference. It’s not like Bass is burning the place down over this, just expressing a little disappointment that we aren’t hiring someone more proven.
LOL. Nailed it. It really isn't that hard to understand. But nah... gotta say that anyone that expresses an opinion or asks a question is "a pansy", "complaining", "whining", "doesn't trust Pruitt", etc. etc. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back