Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Pruitt was so impressed with Rocker that he tried to move him into an off field position. Rocker said, cool, but I'd rather take this other job. About 15 minutes later he'd hired a replacement, and y'all have concerns about his resume. Here's a hint...in the same way that Pruitt doesn't need a recruiting service to tell him what a football player looks like, he doesn't need a resume to tell him what a coach looks like. He hired the guy he wanted.

Here come the thought police. Most people are happy to see Rocker and Rumph go because they didn’t give the appropriate effort in recruiting. Some want to see Weinke gone as well. Who hired those people? Pruitt. If you’re happy to see them gone, that means you thought Pruitt made a mistake in hiring them. Therefore, it’s reasonable to voice concerns about Pruitt potentially hiring someone like Felton who has never been a position coach in a power 5 conference. It’s not like Bass is burning the place down over this, just expressing a little disappointment that we aren’t hiring someone more proven.
not a single person on this message board knows more than CJP about hiring or firing coaches. Not one. And he has shown enough at his job so far that us message board folks look dumb when questioning him. If we finished 5-7 and were 27th in recruiting, questioning him would make sense. But he didn’t. He finished the season looking like a damn fine coach and finished recruiting in the Top 10. So I’ll wait to question, but you go ahead with your thoughts.

You’re going to doubt Pruitt? Hasn’t he proven himself in just about every way possible? You think he would have hired this guy if he wasn’t going to be good hire?

The only posters doubting Pruitt's hires are the ones with too much time on their hands. Talk about nitpicking.

Rocker was a good position coach, but dead weight as a recruiter. If we want to start challenging the top SEC teams, we can't have a coach not pulling their weight. Even if Brumbaugh is above-average on the recruiting trail, he's light-years ahead of Rocker. Rumph was a decent position coach, but, like Rocker, wasn't pulling weight on the recruiting trail. How many times did we see interviews with recruits where they mentioned the intermittent contact from Rumph?

At the end of the day, shed some underperforming staff members, and we should upgrade with their replacements.

Good dline hire
Rumph Nd rocker we’re getting old
One went to nfl where you don’t have to recruit and one took a chance to have a buyout IMO
People were skeptical when we hired them and uga and gator fans kinda laughed about it
Now we lose them and we’re freaking out
We upgraded to young energetic coach on the line who is a Jenkins guy, so he knows about coaching. Tucker is a pretty damn good coach and he took him on staff
Oh Brumbaugh knows the Jenkins Method? GreysonDawg would be proud!

Hurt feelings huh.

By the way, I wasn't the person you were arguing with about the resumes.
But I'll do my best to stop attacking you now so you're not forced to keep "hurting my feelings".

You're a terrible Dalai Lama.😂
I was trying to be sincere, but I'm guessing you thought I was mocking you. I wasn't. But it's all good. No hard feeling from my side.

FTR, it's hard to express proper remorse on the interwebz. I wasn't trying to be an ass. When I'm trying, I leave no doubt.

If you’re happy to see them gone, that means you thought Pruitt made a mistake in hiring them.

source.gif

Rocker to USCe does suck though because Muschamp is a great evaluator of defensive line talent and Rocker has proven he can coach them up.

Panicking would be silly but I think we would all have preferred if he didn’t go to a team we play every year.
Good thing Muschamp won’t make it past this season after he goes 5-7 then.

South Carolina is in almost as deep of a hole as Vandy is. Their schedule is so ridiculous it’s to the point where you really can’t win more than 7 games there in a season no matter how good of a coach you are

The complaints that Pruitt isn't hiring proven coaches is a bit lost on me. Last week he hired Chip Long as an analyst. In the past month he hired Jay Graham. Last year he hired Jim Chaney and Derrick Ansley.

Notice all but one of those is on the offensive side of the ball. Pruitt went and promoted Nieds and hired these two guys who aren't household names. So what? Notice something else... they're on the defensive side of the ball. Pruitt and Ansley will make sure they're coaching the guys up properly. Stop freaking out.

Underrated.
The difference in proven names on offense vs willing to risk for potential reward, on Pruitt and Ansley's side of the ball, wasn't lost on me either.
Good catch.

Good thing Muschamp won’t make it past this season after he goes 5-7 then.

South Carolina is in almost as deep of a hole as Vandy is. Their schedule is so ridiculous it’s to the point where you really can’t win more than 7 games there in a season no matter how good of a coach you are

yeh man he has to play Clemson, at LSU, TAMU then everyone else in the east who will be better except Vandy. Gonna be ugly again. And lost everybody in their front 7 who was worth a damn. Sure as hell not gonna miss seeing Bryan Edwards either.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
Here come the thought police. Most people are happy to see Rocker and Rumph go because they didn’t give the appropriate effort in recruiting. Some want to see Weinke gone as well. Who hired those people? Pruitt. If you’re happy to see them gone, that means you thought Pruitt made a mistake in hiring them. Therefore, it’s reasonable to voice concerns about Pruitt potentially hiring someone like Felton who has never been a position coach in a power 5 conference. It’s not like Bass is burning the place down over this, just expressing a little disappointment that we aren’t hiring someone more proven.
I never complained about Scherrer, Rocker or Rumph...ever, I never thought they were bad hires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back