Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple opinions on the coaching changes..

Pruitt wanted a younger more energetic staff for recruiting purposes. A little surprised the changes occurred this quickly, but IMO you will see a recruiting up tick in the near future. Especially like the Felton hire (if it becomes official). He will be great for recruiting the state of GA.

When Pruitt hired Ansley as the DC last year .. there had to be a couple older coaches with hurt feelings (DC-Sherrer, Co-DC Rumph). I'm sure both were disappointed they were now reporting to a much younger coach in a position they both thought they deserved.

Those of us who aren't buying in 100% on these hires being instant successes are getting attacked for having an opinion, so forgive me for being on the defensive. But until we see how Brum recruits here, it would be hard to call him an upgrade over Rocker. All you have to do is compare resumes to see it.

I like Pruitt, and I'll ride with his choices, but I'm not such a blind follower that I won't question the experience of a hire. That's no different than the blind devotion people gave Butch, or Dooley. Time will tell us if these are good hires. I'm not going to say, "yeah, great hires" when I'm not sure they are.

The part I have an issue with..

I made a very calm and reasoned counterpoint to SOMEONE ELSE.

It was legitimate and in no way aggressive. You jumped my post, twisted what I was saying and now give *you being attacked* as the reason.
Have a good day weez

RIP Kidney's...
My kidneys get regular check ups along with my liver numbers.

Woke up with the worst case of drymouth this morning, so I've been on a tear. Forgot to put water in the fridge last night, and I just can't drink warm water.

The complaints that Pruitt isn't hiring proven coaches is a bit lost on me. Last week he hired Chip Long as an analyst. In the past month he hired Jay Graham. Last year he hired Jim Chaney and Derrick Ansley.

Notice all but one of those is on the offensive side of the ball. Pruitt went and promoted Nieds and hired these two guys who aren't household names. So what? Notice something else... they're on the defensive side of the ball. Pruitt and Ansley will make sure they're coaching the guys up properly. Stop freaking out.

TBH, knowing the money we have, I was expecting a big upgrade at DL coach. I was expecting a guy like Davis who is known to be a recruiter and an excellent coach. This doesn’t feel like that at all. This is a guy that we got and probably didn’t have to spend much money to get. Is he a good coach? Idk. Doesn’t have high level experience. Is he a great recruiter? No idea. This isn’t like the Jay hire at all. Don’t know what to think here
Pruitt obviously had already tabbed this guy for the job..If Pruitt and Ansley wants him on his defensive staff, then that is good enough for me...

Once again JP says "🤬 you" to fan rankings or expectations of staff quality...lol.

The part I have an issue with..

I made a very calm and reasoned counterpoint to SOMEONE ELSE.

It was legitimate and in no way aggressive. You jumped my post, twisted what I was saying and now give *you being attacked* as the reason.
Have a good day weez
Sorry to have offended you, but I stick by my point of comparing resumes between Brum and Rocker. The difference will be how well Brum recruits IMO. My intention wasn't to hurt feelings, so sorry for that.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
The board this morning:

Tyxk.gif

Sorry to have offended you, but I stick by my point of comparing resumes between Brum and Rocker. The difference will be how well Brum recruits IMO. My intention wasn't to hurt feelings, so sorry for that.

Hurt feelings huh.

By the way, I wasn't the person you were arguing with about the resumes.
But I'll do my best to stop attacking you now so you're not forced to keep "hurting my feelings".

You're a terrible Dalai Lama.😂

Good dline hire
Rumph Nd rocker we’re getting old
One went to nfl where you don’t have to recruit and one took a chance to have a buyout IMO
People were skeptical when we hired them and uga and gator fans kinda laughed about it
Now we lose them and we’re freaking out
We upgraded to young energetic coach on the line who is a Jenkins guy, so he knows about coaching. Tucker is a pretty damn good coach and he took him on staff

Brumbuagh coached Bud Dupree in college and that dude is an absolute force at DE. He will make Morven into a qb vampire. I'm all about it, let's shake things up!
Did he coach OLB’s at Kentucky. Wouldn’t think he’d be Joseph’s position coach.

Don’t know a lot about Brumbaugh but Felton is a big add. I recall his name being mentioned a LOT by recruits when he was here and think he will be a big time hire. He fits that hard work ethic and good with recruits mentality that’s opposite of Rocker or Rumph. Both of those guys just seemed to be coasting in recruiting.

I am not worried about development in the least with Pruitt and Ansley still here. I would imagine Pruitt will be more involved with the LBs and let Felton and Nieds go fishing. He has Ansley who he trusts to handle the DBs.
Recruits loved him and I recall it being considered a fairly substantial loss. One that Pruitt didn’t want to get away. Glad he got him back

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back