Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocker loss unexpected as he had just agreed weeks back to stay in a role and while the player development side is a big loss we can upgrade massively on the recruitment side as he was not good and big time wild card.

The Drew loss is for sure a role that can be easily replaced but again he was a great judge of talent so will be critical to find someone who JP trusts in that role that can evaluate like DH was.

Thank you. Makes sense.

Dang, I thought he supposedly was preparing to either retire or take an off-field role. Oh well, bring me Bo Davis!
Think that’s a pipe dream...he’s got a pro gig. Someone a couple of weeks brought up Vic So’oto...Virginia’s DL coach. Like it for the Polynesian ties but he played for Mendenhall and has only coached under him and that only since 2016.

I like Felton a lot actually. He was great in Georgia at the HS level, helped develop quite a few HS guys into D1 talent. Did great things at UTC and then got the chance to leave QC here to go to Akron and be their OLB/DE coach, had an impact there in his first season too.

I think he'll be a big time value hire since he obviously won't be able to demand huge money and he's got deep recruiting roots in Georgia with his HS experience all being there.

The fact that Rocker was going into an off the field position indicates that Pruitt already has a D line coach lined up, or at least, negotiating with. He must feel confident in getting whoever he has in mind. No worries here, just gotta wait and see who it is.

This.

The coaching staff that started the season 1-4 is now being upgraded. Nobody would have thought twice about staff turnover occurring had it stayed that way. Had Rocker stayed on board in a staff position it would have made sense, but he doesn't recruit. So Muschamp is going to use his development skills and have others including himself recruit - for as long as he lasts there.

Whatever and whoever Pruit, Chaney and Ansley want - good to go as far as I am concerned. I am 100% sold that those are the right guys to make the program elite again. They have freed up some coaching staff money to make some strong hires. Everybody I know agrees with Neids to ILB, Osovet to TE and Jay Graham period. Go do more of the same.

yeah, i think you're right. definitley remember him being discussed before lol.
Think he was involved pretty heavily in the recruitment of a specific player a couple years back because he had coached him in HS, and that was what was being discussed but I can't remember the players name
Edit: Whoops somebody beat me to it, just saw it but the player was Quay Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back