Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly -who- we've lost doesn't bother me so much...it's that we're seeing so many all at once.

Sherrer, YAC, Rocker, Rumph that's alotta staff turnover in a year where we appear to be turning the corner. Sherrer so far being the only one that makes good sense since he elevated to the NFL. Rocker not only went lateral but stepped down imo since the HC is in a much hotter seat than Pruitt.

YAC went to a dumpster fire and probably for less money, but he obviously wasn't comfortable with the "next man up" mentality CJP has and being fluid in position group coaching. Felt more comfortable with Norvell so whatever.

Pruitt, Chaney, Ansley, Nieds, Friend are a good core group. Hopefully Jay and Tee are in it for the long haul since it's "home" and they even played together in Jay's last season.

it'll certainly be interesting to see who we go after and ultimately get.

but there's been conversation about both of these guys (rumph and rocker) potentially being gone this off season, and that most changes would happen after signing day.

and here's the cycle...two weeks ago it was UGA, over the weekend it was USCe, and now it's our turn.

i hate losing rocker...i think the players like him and i think he did a good job actually developing them once they got here. not a loss on the recruiting front though.

idk a ton about Hughes but from what is being written and said, it appears he's pretty good at his job, and is a loss. unexpected loss as well.

if Rumph leaves for the NFL, i just can't blame him.

and as always, we'll fire upt he board and wring hands until........................................can't wait. :) but not really worried. this is life in college football these days.

Honestly -who- we've lost doesn't bother me so much...it's that we're seeing so many all at once.

Sherrer, YAC, Rocker, Rumph that's alotta staff turnover in a year where we appear to be turning the corner. Sherrer so far being the only one that makes good sense since he elevated to the NFL. Rocker not only went lateral but stepped down imo since the HC is in a much hotter seat than Pruitt.

YAC went to a dumpster fire and probably for less money, but he obviously wasn't comfortable with the "next man up" mentality CJP has and being fluid in position group coaching. Felt more comfortable with Norvell so whatever.

Pruitt, Chaney, Ansley, Nieds, Friend are a good core group. Hopefully Jay and Tee are in it for the long haul since it's "home" and they even played together in Jay's last year.

Rocker was going to be taking a step down here not there.

Pruitt, Chaney, Ansley, Nieds, Friend are a good core group. Hopefully Jay and Tee are in it for the long haul since it's "home" and they even played together in Jay's last season.
IMO, Rocker was not keeping his current role at UT, so he was going to do something different, either here or somewhere else.

Rumph goes to the NFL? Who could blame him? Sherrer, same question...

YAC would rather coach WR, IMO, and had that opportunity w/ an old friend. Comments were probably off the cuff and reflected more about his frustration with losing the WR position.

I think these are all opportunities to improve. Let's go get some upgrades.

#WGWTFA

Probably the move to RB from WR coach to make room for Tee.
When the grumbling started over his recruiting and the clamor for Tee returning reached it’s crescendo, I was against the move. Thought he was doing a very good job with the WR’s and it would only get better. Figured Tee could easily coach up the running backs and go from there...I was wrong. I was impressed by the performance of the WRs this season...Tee is a superior position coach. I’m sure the sit and take it aspect had to rankle, but he’s been doing this coaching thing (mostly high school but still applies) for a long time and change is reality. That and losing Wideman on his watch came out at a glorified recruiting pep rally. Satisfied with his spin even tho I don’t totally buy it. Those who don’t see anything to take issue with don’t include his wife in their ranks.

IMO, Rocker was not keeping his current role at UT, so he was going to do something different, either here or somewhere else.

Rumph goes to the NFL? Who could blame him? Sherrer, same question...

YAC would rather coach WR, IMO, and had that opportunity w/ an old friend. Comments were probably off the cuff and reflected more about his frustration with losing the WR position.

I think these are all opportunities to improve. Let's go get some upgrades.

#WGWTFA
this.

Shelton Felton (For those who want to know)

Shelton Felton enters his first season as the outside linebackers and defensive ends coach in 2019 at the University of Akron.

He served as the quality control analyst at the University of Tennessee in 2018.

He was previously the outside linebackers coach for Chattanooga for two seasons. He was elevated to assistant head coach following the 2017 season. Felton helped guide UTC to the No. 1 defense in the Southern Conference. The Mocs were also No. 25 in the FCS in total defense (326.4 yds/game) last year.

The Cougars went 10-0 in the regular season for the first time, and advanced to the state semifinals, also a first for the program. He also coached Markaviest Bryant (first in school history) and Quay Walker to All-America honors.

Coached Quay Walker, gotta go, sorry.

When the grumbling started over his recruiting and the clamor for Tee returning reached it’s crescendo, I was against the move. Thought he was doing a very good job with the WR’s and it would only get better. Figured Tee could easily coach up the running backs and go from there...I was wrong. I was impressed by the performance of the WRs this season...Tee is a superior position coach. I’m sure the sit and take it aspect had to rankle, but he’s been doing this coaching thing (mostly high school but still applies) for a long time and change is reality. That and losing Wideman on his watch came out at a glorified recruiting pep rally. Satisfied with his spin even tho I don’t totally buy it. Those who don’t see anything to take issue with don’t include his wife in their ranks.
all makes sense......up to the last part.

what's the deal with the wife?

Yeah, I was surprised by the comments, but ultimately who cares? Move on. Jay Graham...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back