Recruiting a worry

I never said anything at all about not celebrating it. My problem was the condescending nature of the comments. Almost like, haha, don't you feel stupid now? On this message board if you say anything negative or critical at all you are chastised and basically called ignorant.

The class closed strong. I hope these young men are coached up and compete at a high level. But sometimes these insufferable twats are too much.

You're not lynched for being critical. You're lynched for ending up being blatantly wrong.

recruiting is weak, even with the bad start very disappointed. Wiffed on most our big names really, butch jones staff recruited better. Way better...no way we break top 15. I don’t even see us chasing the 5 star talent this year.
Yeah numbers aren’t everything but we are not recruiting well at all right now. We may be better next year but prob dip again. Pruitt needs results next year or may get worse. I hope to be proven wrong and they cobble together a respectable sec class. Just sucks to be 9 or 10th in sec
Don't just beat up on the OP... he had 6 likes also.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
That’s another strawman. I back Pruitt as I backed Butch and Dooley. If he was ever to lose grasp of the program...he’d lose my support. It’s not “blind”...it’s open minded.
so how many times does a girl have to f*** you over before you start getting skeptical? Fingers crossed, she won't cheat on me this time, she won't fail me this time. Oh look it happened again.

You know that's what battered wives do? He won't beat me again.

Not precision, dude, just some peoples' estimates.

Maybe you should go to the beach or something.
Funny I get that a lot. Maybe you need to chill out, why make the comment? Where your feelings hurt, I bet YOU call OTHER people snowflake. Tell me, have you commented about Greta in the past week? I bet you have..

Cynical and cautious have a different language that what is being called out. After the bad start, a poster asked if anyone was still “stupid enough” to think Pruitt was going to succeed and I said “PRESENT”. My faith was tested, but I was cautious...say even cynical that the trending negative sentiment was locked in fact. Took grief for it so cry me a river for anyone having to own and choke down dry crow.

Just remember, eating crow goes both ways.

And for what’s its worth we are still 7th in the sec behind anybody that’s worth a damn. I’m sure you’re not bothered as you seem ok with mediocrity

so how many times does a girl have to f*** you over before you start getting skeptical? Fingers crossed, she won't cheat on me this time, she won't fail me this time. Oh look it happened again.

Hermits are safe from evil women...ever try that course?

I’m a season ticket holder and go to every game. My last name has hick in it. Get a grip. Many on the forum just like to bash people they don’t agree with to make them feel better about lives. So f them

I concur.

Shifting gears here. Have you noticed that the historical top 3 programs from the east are matched up with the historical top 3 teams from the west? I just realized this when I was looking for some mud to sling at you for being a gagtor fan.
UT - Bama
UF - LSU
UGA - AU

And there are fans from UT, UF and UGA that scream - it's not fair, and they want to drop these rivalry games. Actually LSU might have the biggest beef of all of them. Their schedule for 2019 was brutal, and they still came out on top. Bama the easiest schedule in the west.

I like these rivalry games. Keeps it interesting. Won't be long until UT can put up a competitive game against Bama. It'll happen. Auburn seems to have no problem getting a W against them every now and then.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
And for what’s its worth we are still 7th in the sec behind anybody that’s worth a damn. I’m sure you’re not bothered as you seem ok with mediocrity

If you are in the Top 10 going by multiple services, you are doing fine recruiting wise. Using 247 composite is fine, but since Scout went under there are only three services that register- so if one of them severely underrates your class it affects your ranking (ESPN this year).

This class isn't as good as Alabama, UGA, or LSU's class this year, but could be anywhere from the 5-7th best in the conference. We are rated the 5th best class by Rivals in the SEC behind UGA, Bama, LSU, and Texas A&M (who we are almost tied with at 6th in the nation).

How? How am I wrong?

You specifically? I'm not sure. I was speaking in general. You said anyone who is critical gets chastised. I disagree. Threads like this are bumped because the OP said a lot of things that have ended up being very wrong. There's a large difference between, I'm worried about our current class, and, "no way we land a top 15 class." The first one will get you quoted, debated, and then will fade away. The second one will get your thread bumped 4 months later when we land a top 10 class.

Lol. I had to quote it for reference.

This a beautiful mess.

Did I not say I hope the class would work out? And there are people out there celebrating it. Don't say there's not that's being disingenuous. Stop trying to cover for people who find happiness and mediocrity or don't understand what recruiting classes used to be.

Don't pretend like there's not people out here it's pumping over 8th in the SEC... 8th!

Where do you get 8 from? We're # 10 in the country and 6 other SEC teams rank ahead of us. Do you really think the difference between us and the SEC teams ahead of us is that big of a gap? Amazing we've recruited as well as we have when considering the W/L column. I bet the staff steps it up to another level next year as well.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Sure. Had to plenty of times. “I was wrong on this one” is therapeutic.

Good job recognizing you're wrong is the first step. Now take the next step is to admit it and release all that stress. Go ahead say it...

Lol. I had to quote it for reference.

This a beautiful mess.

hey did you hear another coach left the staff? When it in happened in South Carolina everyone quoted it was a hot mess and a sinking ship, so what does that make this staff?

Wait let me guess, because it's happening here we're just cutting dead weight that didn't recruit? I point this out to illustrate my point on how people go Gaga over a middle-of-the-road class and say there's nothing to see when the exact same thing is happening in South Carolina and it's a hot mess.

Get it? when it happens elsewhere it's the Titanic sinking. When it happens here we're trimming the fat.

Wonderful....

Where do you get 8 from? We're # 10 in the country and 6 other SEC teams rank ahead of us. Do you really think the difference between us and the SEC teams ahead of us is that big of a gap? Amazing we've recruited as well as we have when considering the W/L column. I bet the staff steps it up to another level next year as well.

Only time will tell and yes I do believe the gap between the top three is a chasm as wide as the Grand canyon. when the top five teams have five star athletes and we maybe have one? Yes that's the definition of a talent Gap.

hey did you hear another coach left the staff? When it in happened in South Carolina everyone quoted it was a hot mess and a sinking ship, so what does that make this staff?

Wait let me guess, because it's happening here we're just cutting dead weight that didn't recruit? I point this out to illustrate my point on how people go Gaga over a middle-of-the-road class and say there's nothing to see when the exact same thing is happening in South Carolina and it's a hot mess.

Get it? when it happens elsewhere it's the Titanic sinking. When it happens here we're trimming the fat.

Wonderful....
You worry yourself ragged over other programs being wronged by our fans or us liking our own class. These are real concerning. 😴

VN Store

Back