Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I ran a test. Cade Mays doesn't count for this recruiting cycle, obviously. BUT, we did land him. Not sure there was a bigger transfer in the off-season than him. To measure the true impact of this signing class, I think you have to include him.

The Class Calculator won't let me add him, so I got creative.

Cade has a grade of 0.9869
1581023128537.png

So, I found a recruit from this cycle that is as close to that number as possible. Lookie who that was...
1581023206868.png
...and then re-ran the Class Calculator. I also put in the assumption that we will get Zach Evans.
1581023295692.png

That would be good enough for 7th, and ahead of Auburn and Florida
1581023327819.png
Who knows what we'd be on Rivals either!

We are back.

It’s going to be excluded there too.

I’m not going to get into a political discussion, but the way the climate is changing has made these types of days-long rains more common here in Tennessee and our insurance companies are not prepared for it. Flood insurance almost needs to be mandatory now.
If it floods at my house I don't think any of us need insurance.

So I ran a test. Cade Mays doesn't count for this recruiting cycle, obviously. BUT, we did land him. Not sure there was a bigger transfer in the off-season than him. To measure the true impact of this signing class, I think you have to include him.

The Class Calculator won't let me add him, so I got creative.

Cade has a grade of 0.9869
View attachment 259793

So, I found a recruit from this cycle that is as close to that number as possible. Lookie who that was...
View attachment 259795
...and then re-ran the Class Calculator. I also put in the assumption that we will get Zach Evans.
View attachment 259797

That would be good enough for 7th, and ahead of Auburn and Florida
View attachment 259798
Who knows what we'd be on Rivals either!

We are back.
While true, would add UF and other teams' transfers too to be reflctive. Idk why 247 hasn't reranked transfers yet. I bet most "5 star transfers" are far from it, but Cade is a legit one.

While true, would add UF and other teams' transfers too to be reflctive. Idk why 247 hasn't reranked transfers yet. I bet most "5 star transfers" are far from it, but Cade is a legit one.

UF picked up two paper 5* transfers right?

It’s going to be excluded there too.

I’m not going to get into a political discussion, but the way the climate is changing has made these types of days-long rains more common here in Tennessee and our insurance companies are not prepared for it. Flood insurance almost needs to be mandatory now.

Just check East Tennessee flooding history and TVA. Then telll me about rain, climate change here. Change is inevitable just look a emissions over China , India on “windy” weather app. Your right not correct place to discuss and flooding is terrible

Do they need a place to stay?

Nah...they are fine, my wifes whole family are there. They are going to stay with pappaw and mamaw till they get in their new place. Their landlord has another house available in Albertville, and as soon as possible they are going to move in there with no deposits. My family and the in-laws are going to buy them new furniture and whatever else they need.

I really appreciate the thought.

Last edited:
UF picked up two paper 5* transfers right?
Something like that. Probably Drew Richmond type "5* transfers" though. If you're a legit starter and excelling, no reason to transfer outside of weird cases like Cade's.
They got three actually.

One was a 5* RB Lingard that is from Florida and went to Miami. Never amounted to much there (under 200 yds running in two years), and is more of a scat back type.
Second was Brenton Cox from UGA who lost his starting spot to Ojulari this year.
Third was Justin Shorter WR from Penn State. Like Lingard, he never did much (under 200 yds receiving in two years).

Cox probably has the best shot at being good. However none of them were starting at their prior stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back