'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

I very much like where we stand with him as of this evening.
Will you please come back tonight and tomorrow morning and give us this same good news? The 11th hour battling against shady programs/coaches is when things tend to go sideways for us, it seems. TIA!

Baron was coming regardless, be honest
OK, honestly all I know is Nieds was his recruitor and he signed with UT. This "he was coming regardless" stuff MAY very well be true but I don't know that for sure and neither do 99% of people here including you.

So yea, let's be honest......

OK, honestly all I know is Nieds was his recruitor and he signed with UT. This "he was coming regardless" stuff MAY very well be true but I don't know that for sure and neither do 99% of people here including you.

So yea, let's be honest......

The Athletic had a column on this last week. The conclusion was that it wasn't a given he was going to UT for much of the season.

Lol I was referring to Atleast being in the top 50 with the kind of hype he gets,which I consider elite and being where he’s at it shouldn’t be hard if he is indeed (Elite) but he’s not even in the top 300 this year last I checked,and his only committed recruit is Tyler baron 👀👀🤷🏽‍♂️ So TIFWIW champ.

You don't understand how staffs work their recruiting platforms. There are PRIMARY recruiters and there is the "team effort".

Many of these recruits are not just recruited by one dude on staff. Neids had a big hand in many of the top guys that have already signed with us this year.

If we won the first two games of season. O body would be calling neids a fluke because he would have had much better chance landing Gilbert, Bj, Sewell and Smalls. Our bad start killed those recruitments. Good chance he pulls all but Sewell if we don’t have rough start.

Reactions: MrVolton
If we won the first two games of season. O body would be calling neids a fluke because he would have had much better chance landing Gilbert, Bj, Sewell and Smalls. Our bad start killed those recruitments. Good chance he pulls all but Sewell if we don’t have rough start.
I always thought Smalls would be a tough pull given his family lived in the suburb just south of the one that the University of Washington is in.

You don't understand how staffs work their recruiting platforms. There are PRIMARY recruiters and there is the "team effort".

Many of these recruits are not just recruited by one dude on staff. Neids had a big hand in many of the top guys that have already signed with us this year.
These rankings aren’t science either 2019 rankings has Sam Pittman “outside the top 50” at 53...followed by RODNEY GARNER at 54 and WILL FRIEND at 55.

I always thought Smalls would be a tough pull given his family lived in the suburb just south of the one that the University of Washington is in.

Smalls would have been tough but he was fond of the idea of FSU/TN and likely would have extended recruitment if either had better starts. When we both started bad he moved on to Washington. It’s hard to get kids to travel cross country for a rebuild.

Reactions: VolDC

Littlevol said the same thing I've read and observed all season.
Nieds was given a few "heck, we can try" recruits, Baron and then appeared to be used mostly as a closer. His name popped up on the last in home visits, several times iirc.
That wouldn't be a coincidence.

1 thing I'll agree on is "elite recruiter" is thrown out too easily all over CFB.
Our staff is filled with recruiters of the year but we haven't gotten a top 10 class. And the schools we took them from (except USC) have not struggled with their new recruiters. Our fans want to b**ch about our guys not getting it done but don't want to accept the importance of product. Other than very few exceptions, that's the real secret to "elite" recruiters.

VN Store

Back