Game Thread: #22/22 LADY VOLS AT #1/2 SOUTH CAROLINA

I realize Carolina is top ranked team but we see the same sloppy....lazy turnovers against EVERY TEAM we play. Does this team even practice? LV has never been this hard to watch....even in Hollys worst games. Imo.

Wonder the same thing. I dont see much difference between Holly and Kelly

I realize Carolina is top ranked team but we see the same sloppy....lazy turnovers against EVERY TEAM we play. Does this team even practice? LV has never been this hard to watch....even in Hollys worst games. Imo.

Haha you’re full of $#!+ because watching Vandy win our home court for the first time was pretty rough! So was having a 5 game losing streak to alabama...

Not saying this team doesn’t have it’s faults but that assessment was just dumb 😂

When will the team get the message on turnovers? South Carolina has 20+pts off turnovers.

The loss of Zaay is felt in this game because she was our emotional leader. Everyone on the court is doing the whole “my bad” thing after a turnover but no one is fired up. No one is getting in their teammates’ faces. Who is our leader?

20...or 30 point loss...no biggie. But seriously...women's basketball in general is really hard to watch. We get our wins simply because other teams are just as bad...and a little worse on many occasions. This Horston is maddening. If she really is a top talent then it shows just how bad women's basketball really is. She reminds me of my 7 year old nephew in her recklessness.

Sweet your nephew will be a McDonald’s all American and MVP congrats !

Its sad to see and I dont see it turning around anytime soon. I never thought Kelly was going to be the answer just like most knew Holly was not going to be the answer.
Yep...we obviously have to give Kelly some time but it looks like we’re still trying to recapture the good ole days of defense and rebounding wins championships.

Of course those things are very important but the Oregon’s, ND’s, UConns play a highly sophisticated, skilled level of offense with little turnovers...if you don’t have a Candace Parker talent at all 5 positions you can’t get it done our way anymore.

Reactions: tnvols72
20...or 30 point loss...no biggie. But seriously...women's basketball in general is really hard to watch. We get our wins simply because other teams are just as bad...and a little worse on many occasions. This Horston is maddening. If she really is a top talent then it shows just how bad women's basketball really is. She reminds me of my 7 year old nephew in her recklessness.

It shows that Harps doesn't know how to develop players just like her predecessor..look how well Dawn's freshman are doing and they were ranked behind Horston

Reactions: tnvols72
Had a thing going that quarter - better focus, better D, Rennia heating up, Key battling, their Big Girl hurt - and then, a completely incomprehensible substitution and we're down by 20.
As fans of the Lady Vols reality must set in. This is not a top ten team and if the recruiting doesn't improve this program is headed to ODU, LA TECH, USC ,NC, and VA. when it comes to programs falling off. There are too many players on this that are not good enough. Team needs a pg, a post player, two players to man the 4 position. The offense is an old offense with no player movement and no picks to get players open. The recruiting must improve.

?
Nephew = her ????

I cannot believe they are trapping on the other side of half court. You must wait and set the Trap one step in your court. That way the ball handler has nowhere to go. Let's defense 101. Wow
Yep, half court line gives you another defender. Pretty basic.

Zone isn't helping us at all. Girls had no fight in them other than a few mins in 3qtr. I don't know what to say. Extremely disappointed in this performance by all of them, coaches included.

VN Store

Back