Game Thread: #22/22 LADY VOLS AT #1/2 SOUTH CAROLINA

We've been able to overcome some teams with better talent. With the better teams you can't turn it over and your shot differential can't be 17. 52 shots for us and 69 for them. We shoot 35 percent they shoot 38 so again turnovers and offensive rebounding are the difference in the game.

Did the scouts intentionally troll us on Horston? My gawd. She runs down entire court and just chucks up insanely crazy layup attempt like she's a 7 year old kid. Not even trying to actually MAKE the shot. And the turnovers? Dear Lord. And SHE was the top guard out of high school? And this KK is just a big blob of nothing.
You know, calling that young lady who works her tail off a big blob of nothing is just uncalled for and horrible.... she does the best she can although you deserve no explanation... We are all frustrated lady vol fans,but that's over the top!!! Wish you were banished from this board never to be heard from again!! After a sincere apology from you ofcourse...

What do they not understand about taking care of the ball? Lack of improvement is so frustrating. But still better team than last year.

This game is on Coach Harper .The momentum was
going our way in the third Q until she subbed with
KK. Coach need to get rotation in order. Play Jessie
and Emily before KK and Harris.
Start Rae Rae and bring Horston off the bench to
minimize your turnovers.
Please tell Jas she has a green light and let her control
the game.
And are you really coaching this team? cause you're looking out coached even when we win.
Your team does not reflect how you played for the
Lady Vols. Please do something about Kasi.Please.

Great win by Florida beat Kentucky on the road were still ahead of them and they have some tough games coming up. Without Howard they are folding tough when one player means so much to a team.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
You're (not "your") focusing too (not "to," "two," or "tew") much on her turnovers. She contributed in other ways today. She shot 2-9 and had zero rebounds.
Please explain to me why Ladyvols do not recruit West Tn. Univ.of Memphis has a young guard who is better than anyone on Ladyvols from Bronsville Tn. She's quick and shoots the ball well. I know coach Summitt didnt recuit this area and Holly didn't either. Davis at Baylor and Ballard at Lsu were good players from Memphis that Holly need went after.

Reactions: PG1
The Lady Vols will be a much better team next year. There are a number of factors against them this year, (1) This is Kellie's first year at UT, (2) She has to rely on two freshmen in the starting lineup, (3) The lost of Zaay Green. IMHO, Coach Kellie needs to work on the turnover problem and re-assess her player substitution schemes in regards to her schemes as one possible cause of turnovers.

We were never really in this game, and SC didn't really play that well (37% fg. 27% from 3).
Very disappointing effort.
We're not ready for prime time.

I think a lot of that has to do with the Lady VOls' size and depth of size. UConn fans think they played a terrible game against y'all, but again IMO your size has to be given credit. Tennessee is a very strong defensive team in terms of post defense - rebounding and shot-blocking - while USC is not as good as UT in the post, but they are pretty decent, and are also pretty good in terms of perimeter defense. Baylor lost to USC by shooting horrible overall, but shot very well against UConn, who are not that good defensively this season.

Usually UConn over the years has had great defense balance in the post and on the perimeter - they also had great offensive balance as well, and typically out-talented most all opponents, then they bloated their stats against a powder-puff conference slate, to make them look superhuman. They are something less than those past teams, and have been over the past 2-3 seasons, and it's mostly a lack of interior defensive depth. Baylor fans say that the return of Cox played the difference against UConn, but it was the VAST difference of effectiveness of Cooper and the perimeter players for Baylor between the USC and CT games, that truly made the difference....

Well this has been going on since day 1. She better try to figure it out and so far it does not look like she can
We’ve been flipping the roster for years and the same problems plague the program. Granted Harper hasn’t been able to flip the roster yet but I think this is more about an archaic system than just talent. I was really hoping a more innovative offensive system might come with Harper but so far this looks eerily similar to what we played under Holly with the exception of better defense.

We’ve been flipping the roster for years and the same problems plague the program. Granted Harper hasn’t been able to flip the roster yet but I think this is more about an archaic system than just talent. I was really hoping a more innovative offensive system might come with Harper but so far this looks eerily similar to what we played under Holly with the exception of better defense.
I thought she would at least bring some form of discipline wit her but like I said I dont see much difference between her and Holly.

For this team to win a few of these upcoming games Jordy has to start making these shots when she goes to Rim. She is the only guard that can get to rim in traffic. She has the ability just has to finish.

Please explain to me why Ladyvols do not recruit West Tn. Univ.of Memphis has a young guard who is better than anyone on Ladyvols from Bronsville Tn. She's quick and shoots the ball well. I know coach Summitt didnt recuit this area and Holly didn't either. Davis at Baylor and Ballard at Lsu were good players from Memphis that Holly need went after.

Name of this phenom Memphis guard?

VN Store

Back