'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

Literally, the only thing I don't like about this kid as a recruit is that he wants to play two sports. It puts stress on the body. It prevents S&C for football. It increases chance of injury. It makes academics and even greater challenge.
You take him and let him give it a go. Odds are that the pressure and schedule of just being a football player will make it clear to him that it's extremely difficult to pull off. Usually these types of recruits figure it out after their first year and decide to focus on football.

4% is bodybuilder lean so I would assume higher

Why?
It really depends on genetics and physiology.

Do you all remember All-Pro TE Vernon Davis?

4.36 40 at 6'3 250 lbs TE . He had under % percern body fat through his whole career.
Beckwith is naturally big and vascular. You can get him stronger and faster but you don't need to add weight for that. He naturally has a low body fat percentage

He's an offensive weapon like this kid

You don't take a 6'5 235 lb physical guy who can run and catch like a slot player and put his hand on the ground...

Why?

4.36 40 at 6'3 250 lbs TE . He had under % percern body fat through his whole career.
Beckwith is naturally big and vascular. You can get him stronger and faster but you don't need to add weight for that. He naturally has a low body fat percentage

You don't take a 6'5 235 lb physical guy who can run and catch like a slot player and put his hand on the ground...

One of the VQ guys said Beckwith has put on a good amount of muscle but has not lost any athleticism. They were talking about his strength is messing with his BBall shot lol

Reactions: LittleVol
Why?

I'm not denying that he or others are not genetic freaks or that they aren't gifted athletes. I'm simply saying that he more than likely isn't 4%. It's not a bad thing either because it's very very difficult to maintain that and it's not ideal for performance.

Check out this chart. I haven't seen his body but I would assume he's 6-10%.

Attachments

• aae5f9a42d27745d63caa6ab37f1bda7.jpg
    aae5f9a42d27745d63caa6ab37f1bda7.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 126
I'm not denying that he or others are not genetic freaks or that they aren't gifted athletes. I'm simply saying that he more than likely isn't 4%. It's not a bad thing either because it's very very difficult to maintain that and it's not ideal for performance.

Check out this chart. I haven't seen his body but I would assume he's 6-10%.

%4 is pretty low. But he aint %10.

I'd probably say 6.

One of the VQ guys said Beckwith has put on a good amount of muscle but has not lost any athleticism. They were talking about his strength is messing with his BBall shot lol

Whoever said that is silly lol.
Basketball players need strength as well.

Once this gets into our program and speed trains, he's going to be tough to deal with.

Reactions: memtownvol

VN Store

Back