'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

Kid is a natural athlete, can't help but think he would be a five star player on most everybody's board if he had starting playing football before his Sophomore year and was locked into one position. He is 2 inches taller than Julio Jones but not quite as fast, he is the same size as Kelvin Benjamin but a bit faster. Those 2 guys had great college careers and are rocking NFL careers.

Beckwith reminds me a lot of Benjamin, a fantastic red zone target that is a nightmare matchup for any corner. Benjamin made Winston look a helluva a lot better than he was at times at FSU. Kid has the potential to help any QB we trot out look better too, hope like damnit he chooses to wear the Orange and White !

Guys on the VQ podcast said his primary position will be WR but could use him at TE and even RB. Florida recruiting him solely as a TE.
With the race being very tight what’s going to put UT over the edge is our TE Coach is rumored for a lower level HC position which he could take after signing day. This one stings Good get

With the race being very tight what’s going to put UT over the edge is our TE Coach is rumored for a lower level HC position which he could take after signing day. This one stings Good get
Larry Scott did well as interim at Miami

When we get Beckwith in the fold and then close on Wideman that would be a great finish although I know we may sign a couple more. Evans. I am like Meh if we get him great have not doubt he is very talented but we haven't have much success on last min 5* recruits and if we do get him is a bonus just hope the kid can under some good mentor's like Trey to help him.

Jumbo WR/midget TE.. either way he’ll be hard to keep off the field
6’5 and 235 coming out of high school is not a midget TE. He’s already bigger than most of the true TE recruits. I know the coaches will do what’s best, but I think we need him at TE. We don’t have much there really in terms of pass catching TEs. Put 15 pounds on him and he is exactly where he needs to be size wise to play the positions. Now, I have no clue if he can block as he probably has done very little blocking in his life. But we know he can run and give Neids and Chaney a year or 2 and he could be one of those stud TEs that are huge weapons and make a ton of money at the next level! I hope at least 😁

VN Store

Back