Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
They put some cream that was supposed to numb it but he said he could still feel everything - especially at the top of the wound.

When I was around his age, I busted the back of my head on the 4th of July and good doctors at Blount Memorial shaved around the wound (ouch), injected me with pain relievers around the wound. Sticking a needle next to a gash isn’t fun btw. And then staples. 30 years later for him, it was just a cream and staples. I’m glad they didn’t have to shave around it considering it’s the school year and all.
Yeah there was no cream for me back then. I just hunkered down and took it. Yelled the lords name in vain next to a crucifix. The visit went well.

Heads are the worst...always a horrific looking mess due to the amount of blood vessels in the head and can cause folks to freak out even when it is a flesh wound. Glad it turned out ok for him and looks like he is a tough one.

giphy.gif

my son busted his head on one recently. 5 staples required....

Just went through a similar situation with my 3 yr old daughter running through our home and tripping into a corner of baseboard. She got stapled up without the lidocaine to speed up the process and avoid additional punctures.

They bounce back quickly though.

Ahhh, just lay the super glue to it and avoid the doctor bill... 😎

Yeah, you try that my friend. Had a buddy actually do that to a hand wound that needed a few stitches. He was on a 3 day Appalachian Trail hike. By the second night his entire arm looked 4 times its normal size. He spent a month in the hospital and nearly lost that arm. Doctors told him super glue isn't the way to go at all.

Hank Gathers I believe died on the court.
Yes, it was Hank Gathers who died on the court. For the younger people in here that never got to see him play, Hank Gathers and Bo Kimble were one of the best duo's ever in college basketball. In honor of Gathers Bo Kimble shot his first free throw left handed (He was right handed) and literally never missed.

Reactions: American_PitVol
Len Bias was the best basketball player I ever saw play in college. He would have been better than Jordan. If you don’t know who he is, please YouTube him and his highlights. And he was a great dude. He got drafted and went to a party that night. He had never done drugs and got peer pressured by a friend to do some Coke. It was high grade and he did too much. He had a heart attack and they couldn’t revive him. He would have been held in the same regard that a lot of you youngsters hold Kobe and people my age hold Jordan. It was one of the saddest things I can remember. His mother came and spoke to my high school when I was a senior. I hugged her and I will never forget the aura and power she possessed as a person. This was a tragedy that has obviously been lost to time and obviously been embellished with falsehoods from partial information because people DO THAT in this day and age. Carry on
His death was tragic and he could play but a Jordan he was not.

Yeah, you try that my friend. Had a buddy actually do that to a hand wound that needed a few stitches. He was on a 3 day Appalachian Trail hike. By the second night his entire arm looked 4 times its normal size. He spent a month in the hospital and nearly lost that arm. Doctors told him super glue isn't the way to go at all.
It was a joke...... That said, I've done it many times on small, clean cuts where stitches are questionable but definitely don't recommend it on deep wounds, jagged wounds, contaminated wounds, etc.. I'm betting your friend's wound fit into one maybe all three of the above categories..

Also there is a difference between medical glue (dermabond) and super glue. They are essentially the same only medical glue is a less toxic version..

Reactions: TC 83 and Sleegro
Ahhh, just lay the super glue to it and avoid the doctor bill... 😎
I once ripped open my head and went to the doctor for it and got stitches. I wish I had just superglued it, because to this day I have to be careful when combing my hair to not get the comb caught in the scar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back