Disappointing in Uros so far. Though he would be a better force in the paint.

You got to remember guys, his only college game experience is what he has had recently. He didn't play in a real game at Arizona State. He's like a true freshman right out of High School. Don't expect much out of him this year. Pember has more game experience.
True, Pember does look like he's played the game before.

Grant was highly underrated. I stayed it multiple times during the recruiting process. He regularly played against top high school talent and put up great numbers. Kudos to Barnes for getting him.

Grant was underrated because he was 6’6. If he was 6’10 he would have been a five star. Great job by Barnes getting him and he improved every year he was here. But Grant has the skill/talent of a top 50 player he was just short.

With Uros, I don’t see anything other than he’s 7 feet. With Kyle you saw an 18 year old that could become a really good shot blocker at minimum. Uros is already 21 years old, he’s been in a college program for 18 months and he can’t even get 5 minutes a game on a NIT team. Not a great sign for his long term development.

Uros has a good shot form, decent touch but he's a European player adjusting to the US game. He's a freshman playing in his 5th or 6th game for heavens sake. Because some of you expected Bill Walton is your fault, not his.

Will Perdue was horrible as a freshman & a sophomore at Vandy but became POY by his senior yr. I don't expect that from Uros obviously but big men improve a lot as they develop. You can't teach height.

Reactions: ClockworkOrange
Rebounding is about effort. At 7 feet not rebounding well speaks volumes about effort. Uros isn't a typical freshman. He is over 20 with 2 years working out and practicing with college coaches, against college players. The fact that he is somehow still completely lost on the glass and defensive positioning is sad. It was Barnes himself who said Uros was ready to play earlier this season when he was still ineligible. So while I didn't expect Anthony Davis and 15-12 expecting 7-7 with our terrible post depth shouldn't be too much.

Reactions: Zues1
He needs to make the transition from European finesse ball to learning to bang and push and hold his position down low. Totally different mentality and style. He has a good shooting stroke, even from three. But needs to learn to plant his feet and get in somebody's way. Let them know he is there.

He'll come around in time. He's got great teachers!

I noticed he needs to learn better control of his hook shot. I actually wish he would watch Kevin McHale video more than shooting the Kareem shot. Few can master the Jabbar shot.

He also gets caught in the air too much on defense. Goes for the shot fake too much.

Reactions: ClockworkOrange
Uros must be doing really well in practice. I was surprised that he got the start instead of Johnson, Gaines, or O(R)N.
Q: What did you think of Uros Plavsic, and why did he get the start today? “Well, Oliver (Nkamhoua) has had chances all year. He has had as much opportunity as anybody. He can’t quite understand just what he needs to do consistently. Uros showed that for a freshman that hasn’t played in a long time, that he has a chance to be a really good player. He missed a big bucket when there wasn’t anyone between him and the rim. Those are the plays where he has to get better. He did a nice job, and he will be out there

Rebounding is about effort. At 7 feet not rebounding well speaks volumes about effort. Uros isn't a typical freshman. He is over 20 with 2 years working out and practicing with college coaches, against college players. The fact that he is somehow still completely lost on the glass and defensive positioning is sad. It was Barnes himself who said Uros was ready to play earlier this season when he was still ineligible. So while I didn't expect Anthony Davis and 15-12 expecting 7-7 with our terrible post depth shouldn't be too much.
Exactly. Someone said European. He played his senior year in the US. He’s been on a college team for two years. He has absolutely no disadvantage over any other redshirt freshman.

Reactions: Zues1
I saw on a couple of plays against state what he could bring to the team. He is limited offensively but just by being 7 ft he got a couple rebounds and put backs. As he gets more comfortable and confident I expect him to do more. He is still a freshman in terms of eligibility.

Does anyone remember Kyle Alexander’s first two years?? Or even most of his junior year?

Guys, Barnes’ can develop players. Uros is definitely a system guy. I see the potential. He was very aggressive against MI St. Give the man time.

If he was already really skilled as a 7 footer, he’d be playing professionally. He’s here to develop.

VN Store

Back