Disappointing in Uros so far. Though he would be a better force in the paint.

Here's a thought, why does it take two and half/three years for every player Barnes signs to become an efficient player?

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
We had some on here having him start with a triple double every night.
He will be fine eventually.
Reminds me of Kent a lot right now.
We need another big or 2 for 2021.

I'm amazed at those who think that virtually any player will be a significant factor instantaneously. It takes time and experience with most.

Here's a thought, why does it take two and half/three years for every player Barnes signs to become an efficient player?
Were you disappointed in the results? Barnes took over a program that was in very bad shape. What he got of his 3* players was nothing short of amazing. Some players just take time to develop. It’s very unlikely the players coming in next year will be here after 2 seasons.

Because the relatively few freshman that can tremendously impact the game have been bought and paid for by Duke, UNC, Memphis, Kansas, LSU, Arizona, etc.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I've seen some promising things from Uros. He is quick for his size when making decisive moves on perimeter offense. He also has a nice touch and passes well.

He will improve.

Don't disagree with what you all are saying but the point I was trying make is: that a 7 ft guy should be able to get 8-10 rebounds a game and 10-12 pts just on put-back rebound baskets. You don't have to be a future NBA player to do that at 7 ft. Not bashing him, just saying I'm disappointed he is not using size.

He needs to play behind the bigs if he expects to get any rebounds. His fouls need to be more violent putting the opposition on the free throw line for 2 shots instead of 3 point plays. I was expecting 5 to 8 rebounds a lot of altered shots and 5 hard rebounds. He was just playing high school ball last season. Hard to believe since he looks 30.

I'm surprised, he seems to have very limited knowledge of the game. He's normally out of position, no intensity. Seriously what has he been working on for two years. One would think he would be jacked to finally get to play, he's like meh....Uros we need ya brother, step up your game.
his Instagram game is pretty strong.
🤷‍♂️
GBO!!

Reactions: RollerVol
skinny rail...maybe he can bulk up some in the off season...a project but he is a 7 footer...Coach Barnes will make him better...

GBO!

Any system that relies on players effectively and efficiently playing a specific role takes time to learn against high level competition. Decision making has to become habit and have to reflect that of the Coach's system. That doesn't happen Day 1 for most players even at high major programs. These kids have come from free willing, motion built, high scoring AAU basketball programs (for the most part now) and they're now being molded into a player that excels in a specific system. Just takes time, they're not professionals. They have other obligations as well, plus the physical maturity side of it to actually execute what's being asked of them. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Hahaha, panties got wadded up in here quickly. The point is, most D1 players have been playing bb since they were in diapers. High level travel ball tournaments. They attend coaching academy's, etc, etc. To see a 7 foot guy who looks fairly athletic. A guy thats been in two college programs for close to two years look lost on the floor is surprising to me. As was mentioned, he doesn't have to look like one of Cal's one and done NBA guys. But at 7 foot he should know how to grab 5-6 rebounds and score a few bunnies. I'll now sit back and let you guys in here explain why that takes a 7 footer another year to figure out.

expectations were way too high and many posters here didn’t like it when I pointed out there was a reason he RS last year on a mediocre team.
I’m glad he’s on our team but I doubt hes ever more than a solid depth player
People thought the same thing about Kyle Alexander. He turned out OK. I think it is mental right now, he seems to be a little confused about where he should be in the flow both offensively and defensively right now. He hasn’t even had the luxury of learning on the fly at game speed with the early game schedule. Game speed is MUCH different than practice speed.

Hahaha, panties got wadded up in here quickly. The point is, most D1 players have been playing bb since they were in diapers. High level travel ball tournaments. They attend coaching academy's, etc, etc. To see a 7 foot guy who looks fairly athletic. A guy thats been in two college programs for close to two years look lost on the floor is surprising to me. As was mentioned, he doesn't have to look like one of Cal's one and done NBA guys. But at 7 foot he should know how to grab 5-6 rebounds and score a few bunnies. I'll now sit back and let you guys in here explain why that takes a 7 footer another year to figure out.
So he should have a perfect skill set just because he is tall? He didn’t grow up here, he is from Serbia. He played at most a couple of years of high school ball in the states. They don’t have travel teams in Serbia like the do here. There are 7 footers that can’t walk and chew chewing gum. If you are confused about where you should be, it is very easy to get boxed out. You seem to forget he was guarding a high level person who was also a seven footer, not a 5’9” guard.

So he should have a perfect skill set just because he is tall? He didn’t grow up here, he is from Serbia. He played at most a couple of years of high school ball in the states. They don’t have travel teams in Serbia like the do here. There are 7 footers that can’t walk and chew chewing gum. If you are confused about where you should be, it is very easy to get boxed out. You seem to forget he was guarding a high level person who was also a seven footer, not a 5’9” guard.
He's only played in one game for UT? Yeah, I suppose I'm misremembering.

He's only played in one game for UT? Yeah, I suppose I'm misremembering.
You are clueless, right? This is what, game 3? He hasn’t played the entire year. He was just approved this month. He hasn’t even logged a substantial number of minutes. Who even said he had only played in one game? You seem to misremember quite a bit. You might need to get that checked out.

VN Store

Back