Disappointing in Uros so far. Though he would be a better force in the paint.

Was thinking the same thing. But know he hasn't been playing but he's been practicing the whole season with the team. Barnes doesn't seem to trust him at all out there. He's been a huge disappointment so far.

I realize he has just started playing and it takes time but with his height and he seems to move well, he should be getting more rebounds and put-back points. He was basically invisible yesterday. A 7 ft player should never be invisible.

He is slow, does not move his feet very well. Right now the game is too fast for him. He will improve over time.

Guys, it'd been since 2018 when the kid played an actual basketball game. This was what his 3rd or 4th collegiate game and it was at freaking Kansas having to guard the strongest player in the country. Give the kid a break and let him grow and develop as a player

He's a 7 footer transfer. If he were all that and a box of chocolates, do you really think he'd be transferring? We've got a big body who gives us 5 fouls and maybe can influence the opposition thinking about coming into the paint. He's not the second coming.

He's a 7 footer transfer. If he were all that and a box of chocolates, do you really think he'd be transferring? We've got a big body who gives us 5 fouls and maybe can influence the opposition thinking about coming into the paint. He's not the second coming.
Not like he was a grad transfer even. 7’ freshman transfer from ASU. I think people’s expectations were set too high

Not like he was a grad transfer even. 7’ freshman transfer from ASU. I think people’s expectations were set too high
expectations were way too high and many posters here didn’t like it when I pointed out there was a reason he RS last year on a mediocre team.
I’m glad he’s on our team but I doubt hes ever more than a solid depth player

He needs to make the transition from European finesse ball to learning to bang and push and hold his position down low. Totally different mentality and style. He has a good shooting stroke, even from three. But needs to learn to plant his feet and get in somebody's way. Let them know he is there.

He'll come around in time. He's got great teachers!

Last edited:
Rebounding is about effort. A 7 footer in the college game should gobble those up. Not surprising the got smacked around by Azabuike. At one point he gave Fulkerson a hip toss out of the lane that would have fit in with any you'd see in a wrestling ring. And Fulkerson is a wily senior.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Rebounding is about effort. A 7 footer in the college game should gobble those up. Not surprising the got smacked around by Azabuike. At one point he gave Fulkerson a hip toss out of the lane that would have fit in with any you'd see in a wrestling ring. And Fulkerson is a wily senior.
Junior

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
I'm surprised, he seems to have very limited knowledge of the game. He's normally out of position, no intensity. Seriously what has he been working on for two years. One would think he would be jacked to finally get to play, he's like meh....Uros we need ya brother, step up your game.

After watching Uros, Vescovi, and one of the walk-ons run that 3 man drill I knew he was not going to be a game changer.

It’s like the second string quarterback - everybody thinks he’s better than the starter and can save the team, but there’s a reason he’s second string. If Uros was THAT much better than what he is, he wouldn’t have been at Arizona State and wouldn’t have redshirted. He’ll be good in time I think, and he definitely drew a lot of fan attention due to his eligibility drama, but it’s unrealistic to think he was going to be a game changer this year.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I certainly bought in to the hype. I believe it was said by someone on TOS that he was the best big man the moment he stepped on campus. Well, he's not better than Pons or Fulky.

Having said that, I do believe he will develop into a nice player.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
His footwork is bad. He doesn't know yet how to use his size correctly often pivoting/turning inefficiently. He has what cant be taught and the coaches can help with the other stuff. Seems like a hard worker so he should be fine.

I can't think of anybody on the roster that hasn't been bashed by the VN posters.

Might as well go ahead and get shots in on Springer, Keon, and Walker. Why wait until next season?

Just wait......when Springer comes in and isn’t averaging 20+ by week 3.......they will be.

VN Store

Back