'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

USCjr has a big stink going on with Deon Sanders kid. They promised he’d get a “chance” to play baseball. They let him hit in the batting cage one time and said thanks but no thanks. The kid and Deon post all over social media about it, and the baseball coach comes back with something like this, “we decided he wouldn’t be able to help the baseball team and football wanted him full time. He’s on football scholarship so they should have full control”.

I’d be shocked if Beckwith or Wideman wind up playing two sports. Their is a reason those kids are only getting recruited by the big time schools for Football.

I’m glad we didn’t take shilo just because I never want Deion anywhere near our program.

The same guy who assumed we had a point guard this season after Jordan bone declared for the NBA draft,who isnt even close to being a point guard on top of him going out early with a bum shoulder early in the season?...barnes didn’t even offer Quez Glover after missing out on tre Mann 👀👀🤐🥱 not to mention quez is in the top 5 scoring for Florida right now
(on roster) as a freshman 👀👀👀

Turner can play pg just fine. Nobody expected his shoulder to be toast again.

That actually makes me feel better about DB as a person. I just wish he understood that MW is playing along to help Mehlan. I wish he could see through that BS. If he were to make the BB squad at UT as a walk on, then he would have a legit chance to be on a great BB team that could make a deep run at SEC and National titles in a year or two.

The kicker is that RB will not promise him a spot on the bench...he will gave to work hard for it while holding up his FB responsibilities.

I am just salty about this whole deal, I was really excited about DB being a Vol..
It's not over yet as Coach Pruitt was 1st to offer and Dee really does like Pruitt a bunch. Little brother will still play a role although it won't make or break his decision. Barnes is 100% on DB being on the basketball team they just have not actively recruited Dee. I really believe he just likes the campus at Fl, the weather may play a role and the fact that Fl has shown him more love in basketball. South Carolina basketball also reached out but he's shown no interest in them lately even though they were 1st to offer to let him play both. Still some work to do academically as well and you never know how that will turn out. It stinks for the Vols if he ends up in putrid Gainesville, I personally believe that he's going to be a star wherever he goes but especially in Knoxville as we've just never had an athlete with his combo of size, strength, speed an charisma. Dee's a good kid, raised right and has a good head on his shoulders and tbh it's probably a tough decision for him in choosing between the 2, let's hope that he winds up in Knoxville but right now it's likely just hope. Pruitt is a closer and the main recruiter here so I'd give us a 35-45% shot still as FL doesn't lead by much, lots can happen in recruiting in a few short weeks. We're running out of room as well so that may play a role too.

There was a kid that played football and basketball a few years ago at either SC or UGA, and played both well. Let me chug another cup of coffee and see if that helps un-fuzzy my memory.

Edit: Bruce Ellington at USC.... BUT, he started on a basketball scholly then decided he wanted to try football too so it's not quite the same situation obviously. But I remember him somewhat excelling at both.

Last edited:
VQ making it sound like those around him want him at UT and that’s where he likely signs next week.
Dee lives with his father who is pretty easy going and is seemingly leaving the decision up to Dee. I'd be surprised if those close to him have much say so whatsoever in his decision. If what they say is true then Ole Miss would lead as that's the only place both kids could go on full scholarship and closest to home. He's kept this decision close to the vest and it's impossible to predict 100% where he will end up.

Dee lives with his father who is pretty easy going and is seemingly leaving the decision up to Dee. I'd be surprised if those close to him have much say so whatsoever in his decision. If what they say is true then Ole Miss would lead as that's the only place both kids could go on full scholarship and closest to home. He's kept this decision close to the vest and it's impossible to predict 100% where he will end up.
Guys on VQ say we’re in a lot better spot here than most think

Ole Miss offered Camryn a full scholarship? Kiffin gonna kiffin.

Guys on VQ say we’re in a lot better spot here than most think
I'd have to agree to disagree. Everything we've heard is that Fl currently leads and that comes directly from Dee, his father and little brother Cam. He has not made a decision as of today so there is still a chance for the Vols I just feel like it is slipping away though. We should know a little bit more after Pruitt's in home visit but I doubt Dee lets anyone know where he's going before his announcement.

Perhaps you are right unless he causes friction on the team if he doesn’t get to play. I do not know how good of a BB player the guy really is, but he does not seem to be getting a lot of BB-only offers.
I don't think that he's considered a power5 basketball prospect. He's had a great year in basketball and has probably opened some eyes at the D1 level but everyone knows that he's going to take a football offer so no bigtime basketball offers.

I don't think that he's considered a power5 basketball prospect. He's had a great year in basketball and has probably opened some eyes at the D1 level but everyone knows that he's going to take a football offer so no bigtime basketball offers.

Someone needs to get this kids ear and remind him that he's not in high school anymore. It's time to grow up and start making some big boy/ life decisions. He's got the potential for a future in the NFL. He doesn't have that in basketball. It's time to focus on something that could make you a great deal of money in a short period of time.

USCjr has a big stink going on with Deon Sanders kid. They promised he’d get a “chance” to play baseball. They let him hit in the batting cage one time and said thanks but no thanks. The kid and Deon post all over social media about it, and the baseball coach comes back with something like this, “we decided he wouldn’t be able to help the baseball team and football wanted him full time. He’s on football scholarship so they should have full control”.

I’d be shocked if Beckwith or Wideman wind up playing two sports. Their is a reason those kids are only getting recruited by the big time schools for Football.

He may still only play football in college, but Wideman is a top 150 basketball player according to Rivals. I didn’t realize that until recently. That’s high level for that sport as well.

Well idk you Pulaski but I'll give you credit on your consistency and respond as if you are in the position you say.

Other than being a kid, why is it difficult for Dee to understand that White is "showing more love" because he's in more of a...hmm...situation?
It's simply because they are in contact with him and actively recruiting him for basketball. He hears from Florida football or basketball pretty much every other day. That's not a knock on our guys as football and Coach Pruitt has shown Dee lots of love, to be honest Pruitt is probably the only reason the Vols still have a shot. As for my "insider" knowledge it's really not all that. Dee's father and our owner go back a ways as our service has been around in Florence for 35 years, we had signed Dee up for basketball and Cam for football in our service several years ago before Dee blew up in Football recruiting. When we first signed them up we thought Cam had a shot playing football for a small college and that Dee might be a mid major basketball guy. My updates come from personal contacts we've had with Dee, Cam and dad as we are completely out of the actual recruiting and what happens between them and the schools recruiting them. I'm a lifelong Vol fan and am just expressing my opinion from those conversations. I'm also not giving up because as of just 3-4 weeks ago I too thought Knoxville is where he would end up.

Someone needs to get this kids ear and remind him that he's not in high school anymore. It's time to grow up and start making some big boy/ life decisions. He's got the potential for a future in the NFL. He doesn't have that in basketball. It's time to focus on something that could make you a great deal of money in a short period of time.
Not everyone is all about the $$$. Kids still have dreams and they follow them until the dream is no longer reality. I don't think his father has a problem with him chasing his dreams so not sure why you or I would either.

VN Store

Back