'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

Didn't say we don't want or need or not a big deal. I just keep going back to him saying he loved the atmosphere at FL. Pruitt is all business. Mullen dances in front of his QB and let's his wife rub on his players. Some players obviously like that. I'm glad we have Pruitt myself.
We

Gone

Whup

Dey

Muther

****in'

Asses!

Jeremy Pruitt’s success depends on his ability to recruit high profile players. We’re losing way too many elite prospects to our rivals. Florida literally stole Beckwith and M. McDaniel right out from under us. Not good folks.

Don't have to, but it may "sweeten the pot". But also, the "lie" could be being ok with him playing Bball at all, ie Pruitt may want him 100% football. So, the lie would be, "sure you can be 50/50 football and bball, no problem". When really UF may persuade him to not do anything with basketball once on campus.

Cloudy, I know, but hope that makes sense. Just a thought. Pruitt seems pretty frank and all football. He may not want him focusing on anything but football and be straight up with that. Maybe not what the kid wants and it's mutual. Fine.
If I’m following you, then UF is possibly lying to him telling him that they want him to participate in both sports even though they really want him just in football. Whereas Pruitt is telling him he wants him for football only?

Maybe so, who knows? But if CJP is willing to allow him to participate in bball after the football season, then I don’t see any reason why that creates a hardship on CRB.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I don't blame Barnes if he doesn't think Dee will be able to get on the floor. Would rather he not make empty promises.

The same guy who assumed we had a point guard this season after Jordan bone declared for the NBA draft,who isnt even close to being a point guard on top of him going out early with a bum shoulder early in the season?...barnes didn’t even offer Quez Glover after missing out on tre Mann 👀👀🤐🥱 not to mention quez is in the top 5 scoring for Florida right now
(on roster) as a freshman 👀👀👀

Reactions: GojiraVol17
The same guy who assumed we had a point guard this season after Jordan bone declared for the NBA draft,who isnt even close to being a point guard on top of him going out early with a bum shoulder early in the season?...barnes didn’t even offer Quez Glover after missing out on tre Mann 👀👀🤐🥱 not to mention quez is in the top 5 scoring for Florida right now
(on roster) as a freshman 👀👀👀
let’s not over exaggerate..... quez is decent but he would not be a difference maker on this team and definitely wouldn’t next season with the talent we have coming in.

Jeremy Pruitt’s success depends on his ability to recruit high profile players. We’re losing way too many elite prospects to our rivals. Florida literally stole Beckwith and M. McDaniel right out from under us. Not good folks.
McDaniel hurt but I am not sold on Beckwith. You have to be elite to play both football and basketball, and while he is a good athlete I dont think he should be sacrificing anything in the weight room to try to be a role player in BBall. I think our BBall team is going to be stacked next year and he wouldn't see the court.

Reactions: lilesrt
The Cuonzo of Florida. Has best roster that has talent of a 2 seed that is playing for a bubble team spot. You have to be really bad coach to not have that team stroll in easily to tourney.
Even Bruce Pearl said that Cuonzo did a much better job then he could have with the team he was left

Watching Beckwith highlights he has good speed and he is big. His ball skills and route running is unkown because he plays QB. He doesnt make many lateral movements or jukes and he doesnt break as many tacklets as you would think he would being listed at 6'4" plus and 205 lbs.

Strikes me as a no lose situation for CRB. He’s on a football scholarship so he doesn’t take up one of the 13 basketball scholarships - he’s viewed as a walk on in bball. If he never contributes then nothing is lost. Maybe he proves valuable to the bball team in some way?
Perhaps you are right unless he causes friction on the team if he doesn’t get to play. I do not know how good of a BB player the guy really is, but he does not seem to be getting a lot of BB-only offers.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Didn't say we don't want or need or not a big deal. I just keep going back to him saying he loved the atmosphere at FL. Pruitt is all business. Mullen dances in front of his QB and let's his wife rub on his players. Some players obviously like that. I'm glad we have Pruitt myself.
I agree, I was just expressing my thoughts about that situation.

If it was only football Tennessee would most definitely lead for his services.
That actually makes me feel better about DB as a person. I just wish he understood that MW is playing along to help Mehlan. I wish he could see through that BS. If he were to make the BB squad at UT as a walk on, then he would have a legit chance to be on a great BB team that could make a deep run at SEC and National titles in a year or two.

The kicker is that RB will not promise him a spot on the bench...he will gave to work hard for it while holding up his FB responsibilities.

I am just salty about this whole deal, I was really excited about DB being a Vol..

VN Store

Back