'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

Mrs. Mullen....

source.gif

Rick Barnes ain’t gonna help the football department in regards to recruiting potential talent that could possibly contribute to his roster,especially after he almost left because of the love and respect tennessee basketball doesn’t get because of Tennessee being a football school...I’m not surprised at all
I don't blame Barnes if he doesn't think Dee will be able to get on the floor. Would rather he not make empty promises.

The Florida basketball staff has played a big part in his recruitment. Between football and basketball he hears from them daily. Vols main recruiter with Dee has always been Coach Pruitt and our Basketball program just hasn't shown the same amount of love as Florida's. Dee really likes CJP so upcoming inhome visit will determine it but it's gonna be a tough flip I think.
Distance is not a big issue for Dee and the basketball lure overrides the distance part.

The kid is dumb if he buys that BS. The Florida BB coach is garbage compared to Rick Barnes...This whole deal is BS.

UF is and has been proven over and over and over again that their program is an immoral undisciplined pig sty...if he wants to be part of that, then I have to really question him and his families character. Only pigs like wallowing in a pig sty.

This one hurts.

Not sure why that matters. Fans get caught up with who looks best, recruits not so much. Florida basketball has been the difference maker in his recruitment regardless of how they are performing at the moment. Them struggling probably gives him more reason to want to attend as playing time is actually a possibility there. I think he's getting offered early PT in football as well at FL.

Once again I appreciate you sharing from up close and personal distance on the Beckwith's. As all my posts will indicate I have desired to have Dee for a long time and very high on my wish list. However, if he picks FL based on the facts that you have laid out then I will hope we target Wideman and McConkey to add to our receiver corp and be pretty darn Happy...... Dee offers a different dynamic but the other two have skills as well. I have been hoping for all three and will continue to till we are out of schollies.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I don't blame Barnes if he doesn't think Dee will be able to get on the floor. Would rather he not make empty promises.

Really, how many times has the “talented D1 football recruit who is also a legitimate basketball recruit and wants to play both in college” worked? Julius Peppers is the last one I can remember, but I’m sure there are a handful out there. Point is, the demands of D1 football make this dual-sport track a pipe dream. With arguably the best freshman b-ball class in UT history coming in this fall, I can’t blame Barnes for not bending over backwards for a kid that will not likely even see significant playing time.

Making a football decision based on basketball recruitment tells me he is looking to use football to get him the basketball offers he wants and will try to prove himself on basketball court to where they feel they need him and he can eventually quit football and go on b-ball scholly.

Rick Barnes ain’t gonna help the football department in regards to recruiting potential talent that could possibly contribute to his roster,especially after he almost left because of the love and respect tennessee basketball doesn’t get because of Tennessee being a football school...I’m not surprised at all
Barnes told you this in confidence? If not your post is has no substance to it.

Making a football decision based on basketball recruitment tells me he is looking to use football to get him the basketball offers he wants and will try to prove himself on basketball court to where they feel they need him and he can eventually quit football and go on b-ball scholly.
You have no idea at all.

The kid is dumb if he buys that BS. The Florida BB coach is garbage compared to Rick Barnes...This whole deal is BS.

UF is and has been proven over and over and over again that their program is an immoral undisciplined pig sty...if he wants to be part of that, then I have to really question him and his families character. Only pigs like wallowing in a pig sty.

This one hurts.
We just got to accept that CJP's all business we will do things right attitude will not appeal to everyone. Reminds me of Copeland.

The Football Scholarship counts first. If an athlete plays multiple sports, Football 🏈 takes precedence over any other sport. Condredge Holloway played Baseball but it did not count against the Baseball Scholarship count. There were others like Willie Gault that ran Track or Field Events.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
We just got to accept that CJP's all business we will do things right attitude will not appeal to everyone. Reminds me of Copeland.
Dang we need these kind of playmakers..dealing with this dude at *****n Florida is going to suck majorly. This is not one of those "meh..no big deal" kind of guys like Darnell Washington...Beckwith is a potential monster...I wish Barnes would get off his high horse and get with the program. He could have helped swing this deal our way. This kid as a physical presence would be a lot better better than most of those dudes he has riding the end of the bench.

Like I said..this one hurts me. And this could have been a deal that was closed with Barnes help imo.

Really, how many times has the “talented D1 football recruit who is also a legitimate basketball recruit and wants to play both in college” worked? Julius Peppers is the last one I can remember, but I’m sure there are a handful out there. Point is, the demands of D1 football make this dual-sport track a pipe dream. With arguably the best freshman b-ball class in UT history coming in this fall, I can’t blame Barnes for not bending over backwards for a kid that will not likely even see significant playing time.
Exactly my thoughts. Plus I seriously doubt he will play both sports at UF either. They are just doing anything to get him to sign on the line.

VN Store

Back