'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

Still don’t understand this kid’s infatuation with Florida. Still don’t understand why he’d be wanting to be so far away from his family.
The Florida basketball staff has played a big part in his recruitment. Between football and basketball he hears from them daily. Vols main recruiter with Dee has always been Coach Pruitt and our Basketball program just hasn't shown the same amount of love as Florida's. Dee really likes CJP so upcoming inhome visit will determine it but it's gonna be a tough flip I think.
Distance is not a big issue for Dee and the basketball lure overrides the distance part.

The Florida basketball staff has played a big part in his recruitment. Between football and basketball he hears from them daily. Vols main recruiter with Dee has always been Coach Pruitt and our Basketball program just hasn't shown the same amount of love as Florida's. Dee really likes CJP so upcoming inhome visit will determine it but it's gonna be a tough flip I think.
Distance is not a big issue for Dee and the basketball lure overrides the distance part.

I am not sure there is a team underachieving more in basketball than UF right now.

I am not sure there is a team underachieving more in basketball than UF right now.
Not sure why that matters. Fans get caught up with who looks best, recruits not so much. Florida basketball has been the difference maker in his recruitment regardless of how they are performing at the moment. Them struggling probably gives him more reason to want to attend as playing time is actually a possibility there. I think he's getting offered early PT in football as well at FL.

Still don’t understand this kid’s infatuation with Florida. Still don’t understand why he’d be wanting to be so far away from his family.

Happens all the time... Just is what it is. Think of all the west coast and northern kids we've gotten through the years. Beat out a lot of big time offers way closer to home along the way.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Sorry but I don’t buy that UF is his leader. I think he’s a Vol come NSD.

But more than anything, I’m glad that we have a coach that would never take such cornball pics as Mullen does. He’s just a cornball. I don’t get why kids like him. Of course, I felt the same way about Pittmans “yesssssir” crap but recruits adore him.

Mike White tho...

It's funny, UF has won national titles in basketball but right now UT is clearly viewing itself as a higher standard in basketball with the upcoming recruiting class and all that.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

Put Barnes in home with Pruitt. Boom committed.

Had a feeling this would be different if it was only football. Barnes has a lot of talent coming in next year and a lot of youth on this team.

Rick Barnes ain’t gonna help the football department in regards to recruiting potential talent that could possibly contribute to his roster,especially after he almost left because of the love and respect tennessee basketball doesn’t get because of Tennessee being a football school...I’m not surprised at all

Reactions: tatervol

VN Store

Back