Game Thread: #24/25 TENNESSEE VS. ALABAMA

The more talented you are the luckier you are...

I am keeping that quote..so simple and so effective
Kinda like
"common sense,,,ain't"

As much as I wanted this game to be a blowout, I honestly think we needed a game like this. The girls pulled off a win on a night they played pretty poorly for most of the game. All of our loses have been on nights that we played extremely poorly. After all of our poor performances, we have bounced back and looked much better the following game. Hopefully this pattern continues Thursday night, and we go into UConn on a mission. As much as Coach Harper tried to keep them focused on tonight’s game, I believe we had a few looking ahead to Thursday night.

Great minds...

Reactions: Cees and luballer
Yeah, we either matched Bama or beat them badly in almost every category except steals and turnovers...which led to their putting up 14 more shots.

Really proud to see our ladies pull through and get the win in an off night after losing close ones to Tex and Ky. If we will just execute better and take care of the ball and find that sweet spot between too much individual play and too much forcing/overpassing. At least we aren't selfish and are looking for teammates now.

Considering one of your last comments

Oddly enough the least amount of turnovers was in game they blew out at Stanford ...they had 11. .. they have had over 20 TO 's in about 4 games .. they have had double digit in all ...they dont handle ball well and it will be issue all year .. its womens basketball people .. they cant pass...

LOL I think many of us will pass on your astute wisdom and it’s GENO 😂
Laugh .. Geno will put on a clinic

Kellie has a good interview on the radio after the game. She made a few jokes, but you could tell she was perturbed about the game. Mickie tried to downplay the UConn game and that it wasn’t a rivalry. She corrected him on that. She wants this game. Even with all our second guessing and questioning of her decisions, what I don’t question is her fight and determination.

Kellie has a good interview on the radio after the game. She made a few jokes, but you could tell she was perturbed about the game. Mickie tried to downplay the UConn game and that it wasn’t a rivalry. She corrected him on that. She wants this game. Even with all our second guessing and questioning of her decisions, what I don’t question is her fight and determination.
I don't think it's a rivalry anymore since it's been so long since they've played

As sloppy as the game was from both teams for much of the game, that ending will be one etched in the memories of those in attendance.

Every fan...right down to the little ball girls screaming at the far end...was going crazy.

And Kellie was bent over on the sideline maintaining the same position she had throughout the possession.

IMO, she made some key mistakes, but I did like her calm during the final time out. The entire team can learn from this one.

I do think Rae should have played more than 18 minutes. Despite her three turnovers, she had a great stat line otherwise. 2-2 FT, 3-7 FG, several rebounds, 3 assists, under control play, good defense.

I thought this was a solid effort from her and that she could have been effective in helping to spell Lou, who played 28 minutes despite hobbling and limping at times. Horston could have used some calming moments.

I thought Rae was the unsung heroine and that her game has matured greatly.

She did - she had broken her shoe and her spare pair were at the hotel. One of the managers got someone to drive him to the hotel, he got the shoes and they headed back to the game.

They got held up in traffic with very little time left (manager was texting his mom for time on clock) so he got out of the car and started running to the arena, Rennia’s shoes in hand.

He ran like a wild man and made it in time. Re changed shoes and hit the game winning shot. First words out of the manager’s mouth to her were, “It was the shoes!”

True story. 😁
I remember🧡🧡🍊🍊

VN Store

Back