Discontinued fast food items rant

The Sonora Chicken Pasta was the only item I liked on Ruby Tuesday's menu, but it didn't survive a menu overhaul several years ago. Penne pasta in a spicy southwestern cheese sauce with black bean salsa, slices of seasoned grilled chicken, and Sonora tomatoes. It still pisses me off every time I think about it. That was my favorite restaurant for a while based solely on that dish.

ETA: Oops! Ruby Tuesday is not fast food. I guess I just really wanted to complain about that.

I wish Krystal would make the spicy chick a regular menu item. I only eat there when they have them. Every now and then, they make some half-assed attempt to fake it, but putting rub or sauce on a regular chick does not a spicy chick make.

They changed whatever chicken they use! I swear they've had to. I used to love their chicken sandwiches and last 2 times I ordered them, the texture was way off and just weird, like had an odd rubber band texture. The first time i thought maybe it was just a fluke. I tried again at a different wendys sometime later and it was weird too. Idk, that was a couple years ago and have been afraid to try them since.
That's what happens when the chicken sits under the warmer for too long (they're supposed to waste it after so long). It has a rubbery texture and a strange, lettuce-like crunch. I think Wendy's has the best spicy chicken sandwich hands down when it's fresh, but it's awful when it's not.

My church fast food memory is Wendy’s frosties, but it was in high school (once we got cars). My buddy and I always sat in the back pew and every Sunday one of us would quietly duck out right after communion when there was a bit of a transition going on, then the other would duck out as they were passing the offering plates. Nobody ever seemed to notice.

We’d meet in the basement and leave through the back basement door that no one used, wedging something in the latch to keep it from locking. My dad was the minister and we knew he was long winded enough to go on at least a half hour with the sermon, which gave us time to drive to Wendy’s drive-thru and get a frosty and shoot the sh** along the way.

We’d come back before the service was over, wait to see the first person coming out, then duck back in the back basement door and go up and blend into the departing crowd, again unnoticed. Dad saw me leaving out the front door after church every Sunday as he was working the exit and never seemed to think anything was up.

We did that every Sunday for what must have been like two years. No one ever said a thing. And as a PK I can tell you if anyone had ever noticed they abso-freakin-lutely would have spoken up. Good times.
You don’t think he’d stand there for 30 minutes looking at the congregation and never notice you were missing? 😉 He ever mention at lunch “missing” any regulars? I though I got away with a lot more than I really did, as did my children

You don’t think he’d stand there for 30 minutes looking at the congregation and never notice you were missing? 😉 He ever mention at lunch “missing” any regulars? I though I got away with a lot more than I really did, as did my children

lol honestly if he noticed, I think he’d only have been concerned if he thought other people noticed. My primary job was to not cause him trouble in the church, despite any natural tendencies otherwise.

Hot dogs at Smoky Mtn Market were the bomb. I would have two dogs and a carton of Mayfield chocolate milk back in late 70’s and the 80’s. If I was really hungry, I would add a bag of Funyuns. Good eats

Yep and at one time a whopper was really a WHOPPER

You can say the same about a Big Mac. I hadn't had one in about 20 years and on a whim I got one about a month ago. It was about as big around as my palm and was basically a puny, stale bread sandwich with almost no meat. Two all beef patties....my azz.

Reactions: thehill98
You can say the same about a Big Mac. I hadn't had one in about 20 years and on a whim I got one about a month ago. It was about as big around as my palm and was basically a puny, stale bread sandwich with almost no meat. Two all beef patties....my azz.

It's always been 0.2 lbs. Today and 25 years ago.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Yep and at one time a whopper was really a WHOPPER

The last time I got a "whopper" from Burger King which was years ago now, it was so damn messy & sloppy when you'd bite into it that almost all of the tomatoes lettuce pickles & the mayo was falling out & onto my plate. I swore right then I didn't want another messy sloppy paper towel chin wiper "whopper" from them for a couple of years. I don't think I've been back for any other type of food they offer.

What are some of your favorite menu items that have been discontinued?
Taco Bell needs to bring back the spicy chicken burrito, the Baja style chalupas and gorditas, and the chili cheese burrito!
Miss the twister wrap from KFC.
Applebees sucks now too since they changed their whole menu. I miss their old chicken quesadillas, chicken Alfredo, and they used to have this amazing southwest chicken salad.
Outback steakhouse changed their shrimp on the barbee, and no longer have the delicious creamy onion soup or spicy Alfredo pasta that had shrimp and crawfish in it.
Pisses me off. Why do restaurants ruin a good thing? 😭
Southwest chicken salad... Was very good

Reactions: Proud Army Wife

VN Store

Back