Discontinued fast food items rant

Proud Army Wife

What are some of your favorite menu items that have been discontinued?
Taco Bell needs to bring back the spicy chicken burrito, the Baja style chalupas and gorditas, and the chili cheese burrito!
Miss the twister wrap from KFC.
Applebees sucks now too since they changed their whole menu. I miss their old chicken quesadillas, chicken Alfredo, and they used to have this amazing southwest chicken salad.
Outback steakhouse changed their shrimp on the barbee, and no longer have the delicious creamy onion soup or spicy Alfredo pasta that had shrimp and crawfish in it.
Pisses me off. Why do restaurants ruin a good thing? 😭

Baskin-Robbins had a flavor that was discontinued years ago that I loved. It was called Mandarin Chocolate Sherbet.
Not a food item, but I loved this shampoo I started using back in the mid to late 70’s, it was by Vidal Sassoon, came in a brown bottle and smelled like cherry and almonds.

It is annoying when restaurants do away with menu items that you love, or slightly change a recipe that works!
They typically discontinue items that have low preference. Sometimes an item performs well regionally but not nationally. As a large brand, like all those being discussed, you want to have a pretty standard menu across the board. The biggest advantage of being large brand is its buying power. You significantly harm that if you play the regional menu game. And some recipes get altered to do having ingredients in them that are only used in one recipe. Also not cost effective.

They typically discontinue items that have low preference. Sometimes an item performs well regionally but not nationally. As a large brand, like all those being discussed, you want to have a pretty standard menu across the board. The biggest advantage of being large brand is its buying power. You significantly harm that if you play the regional menu game. And some recipes get altered to do having ingredients in them that are only used in one recipe. Also not cost effective.
Oh I know why it happens, I just don't like it and more people need to learn what is good!

Back in the 80's Sonic had a roast beef with nacho cheese sandwich. Money!

Back in the 80's Sonic had a roast beef with nacho cheese sandwich. Money!
Sonic was my first job lol. I remember they used to have all kinds of toaster sandwiches and their own version of a petro they called chili pie. They also had this banana fudge sundae that was awesome. Their menu is boring now and I hardly ever go there.

Sonic was my first job lol. I remember they used to have all kinds of toaster sandwiches and their own version of a petro they called chili pie. They also had this banana fudge sundae that was awesome. Their menu is boring now and I hardly ever go there.
My first job was Wendys and I like their chicken sandwiches far more than their burgers:D

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
My first job was Wendys and I like their chicken sandwiches far more than their burgers:D

I just got a Dave's single cheeseburger combo Thursday afternoon.
I've been going to Wendy's for the last couple of weeks where I haven't in a long time.....for fast food.
Oh, and I do like the chili they serve.

They changed whatever chicken they use! I swear they've had to. I used to love their chicken sandwiches and last 2 times I ordered them, the texture was way off and just weird, like had an odd rubber band texture. The first time i thought maybe it was just a fluke. I tried again at a different wendys sometime later and it was weird too. Idk, that was a couple years ago and have been afraid to try them since.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back