'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

Who's the last prospect (for any school) to really troll or deceive their instate or favored school and have a really productive career?

I'm legitimately asking because it seems like these type of situations rarely end up with the prospect thriving.

“I have been able to confirm through sources that Jay Hardy did in fact sign with Auburn. While he has insisted that he didn’t and told me and other media members point blank that he didn’t because ‘I was in Florida for basketball and I wanted to sign with my teammates in February’, Volquest has been able to confirm on Saturday that Hardy signed on Thursday December, 19th. While he told the Auburn Rivals site just days ago that he was effectively shutting things down and would sign with the Tigers in February, he in fact shut his recruitment down a month ago”

- Price

“I have been able to confirm through sources that Jay Hardy did in fact sign with Auburn. While he has insisted that he didn’t and told me and other media members point blank that he didn’t because ‘I was in Florida for basketball and I wanted to sign with my teammates in February’, Volquest has been able to confirm on Saturday that Hardy signed on Thursday December, 19th. While he told the Auburn Rivals site just days ago that he was effectively shutting things down and would sign with the Tigers in February, he in fact shut his recruitment down a month ago”

- Price
Speaks to the kid's integrity or LACK THEREOF!!! Who would believe anything this kids says??

Let's face it, Chattanooga, North GA, Northeast Alabama is not a hot bed of recruiting for us. Riggs Becksvoort, QB from McCallie, Baylor OL are the only ones I can think of.
Alabama, Auburn, Ohio State and GA have out recruited us in this area. Sad but true. Chattanooga has been a hotbed for Auburn (Alabama Usually Beats Us Round November) players. Chattanooga is loaded with a wide range of mixed graduates from those schools and have a tendency to influence these prospects in another direction.
Again, Hardy is more than likely gone, I don't see CJP playing games with this one, but I might be wrong. He knows what he needs, he is a good evaluator and More than likely has moved on. He knows he can and will do better.

A kid that wants to play defense and grow should not turn down an offer from CJP and if he does then $$$ must have been laid on the table by Auburn. Don't think this kid is signed but more than 80% chance he signs with the other team.

"I’m not signed yet"

giphy.gif

Last edited:

VN Store

Back