The Impeachment Thread

You may be right. Using that logic why would the Professor have voted for Hillary?

Trump's stance on many issues related to Israel really became apparent only after he was elected. And since then he has managed to persuade many gullible people that he is sincere about it, which he's not.

LG believes bc Dershowitz is Jewish, and Trump is pro-Israel, that he will defend the President at every turn.

A lot changed. I mean, Dershowitz became a Trump ally long before this impeachment issue. His abrupt turn was caused by something. The only explanation I can think of is Trump's adoption of a lot of policy positions since he was elected that favor Israel. I cannot think of any other reason for Dershowitz to have changed his allegiance and I have not heard of any other plausible explanation for it.

A lot changed. I mean, Dershowitz became a Trump ally long before this impeachment issue. His abrupt turn was caused by something. The only explanation I can think of is Trump's adoption of a lot of policy positions since he was elected that favor Israel. I cannot think of any other reason for Dershowitz to have changed his allegiance and I have not heard of any other plausible explanation for it.

ADs views couldn't have changed due to the way the Dems have behaved since the election. That just wouldn't be possible.

Trump's stance on many issues related to Israel really became apparent only after he was elected. And since then he has managed to persuade many gullible people that he is sincere about it, which he's not.
Sure thing. I remember Trump calling for the destruction of Israel back in 2009 when his daughter married a Jew and converted to Judaism. He absolutely hated Israel, and talked about how much he contributed to, and did volunteer work for, the Muslim Brotherhood, Hezbollah, the PLO, etc. He had Arafat's cell number on speed dial.

ADs views couldn't have changed due to the way the Dems have behaved since the election. That just wouldn't be possible.

Pretty thin reasoning given Dershowitz' loyalty to the Dems and liberal causes and issues for so long, only to suddenly flip his loyalty to someone he previously loathed.

You will note that I am not saying he isn't entitled to do so. While I might disagree with his conclusion that Trump is sincerely pro-Israel versus touting that position for political expediency, that is Dershowitz' judgment to make for himself. Conversely, I think that questioning his motives for doing so is a perfectly reasonable thing for me to do, too.

Pretty thin reasoning given Dershowitz' loyalty to the Dems and liberal causes and issues for so long, only to suddenly flip his loyalty to someone he previously loathed.

You will note that I am not saying he isn't entitled to do so. While I might disagree with his conclusion that Trump is sincerely pro-Israel versus touting that position for political expediency, that is Dershowitz' judgment to make for himself. Conversely, I think that questioning his motives for doing so is a perfectly reasonable thing for me to do, too.
Maybe he's smarter than you, and has seen the light.

Oh, and as to adding Starr, I think its pretty obvious what that is about. Trump wants to sell the notion that his impeachment is entirely a partisan political game, that questioning what he did with Ukraine is simply not legitimate. Rather than defend what he did -- which in fact is indefensible -- by bringing in a partisan hack like Starr on his side of the trial he is painting a picture that it is all partisan.

Look, Trump withheld military aid to another country, that desperately needed it, to try to get them to announce a phony investigation into a phony scandal against his likely 2020 opponent. When he got caught, he released the aid and tried to claim it was no big deal.

It IS a big deal. What he did is a terrible abuse of his position. That there is a reaction to it by the other political party is too easily dismissed as partisan. You should really think about what you are enabling here with what we know Trump did, and why.

This is a pretty good article why in my view. Will not fit your party box narrative.
‘What Happened to Alan Dershowitz?’

Oh, and as to adding Starr, I think its pretty obvious what that is about. Trump wants to sell the notion that his impeachment is entirely a partisan political game, that questioning what he did with Ukraine is simply not legitimate. Rather than defend what he did -- which in fact is indefensible -- by bringing in a partisan hack like Starr on his side of the trial he is painting a picture that it is all partisan.

Look, Trump withheld military aid to another country, that desperately needed it, to try to get them to announce a phony investigation into a phony scandal against his likely 2020 opponent. When he got caught, he released the aid and tried to claim it was no big deal.

It IS a big deal. What he did is a terrible abuse of his position. That there is a reaction to it by the other political party is too easily dismissed as partisan. You should really think about what you are enabling here with what we know Trump did, and why.
He held aid to make sure the new leadership wasn't corrupt
They received the damn aid
There was never an investigation started into the biden corrupt crime family
Joe Biden is the one who used bribery to protect his crack head baby boy
What Trump did doesn't come any where close to impeachment/removal. Barry done far worse and the Rs never held one impeachment hearing.

Question all you want but we all know had AD been a Trump supporter and flipped to the Dems you wouldn't question his motives at all.

Question all you want but we all know had AD been a Trump supporter and flipped to the Dems you wouldn't question his motives at all.
What is to question? AD is just as crooked as the rest of Trumps lawyers, associates and cabinet. The Republican party is just more welcoming of such transients.

Then you're a hypocrite who only cheers for his team instead of problems being fixed. It would be ok if there weren't so many of you preventing real solutions. Congrats on being the problem
a lot of things the govt pays for are ridiculously priced. I've supplied govt projects in the past and came out quite well

You do understand basic math and can compare $7200 to $1,000,000,000,000 right? Just remember, the alligator eats the big number
Talk about hypocrisy, you throwing out this big number because we called out Pelosi like your big number was 0 in 2017.

He's now over 15,000 lies in three years - he's a sociopathic liar. He has no concept of the truth, not a word he says can be trusted.
You can take the opposite of what he says and accept it as truth at this point. No need to fact check anymore.

Reactions: TN Ribs
Talk about hypocrisy, you throwing out this big number because we called out Pelosi like your big number was 0 in 2017.
I'm sorry, can you translate this? What exactly is my "big number"?

I'm not a Pelosi fan, I'm a less debt fan. Like I've said before I'm more conservative than many on this board who like to claim that moniker

VN Store

Back