The Impeachment Thread

The "president did nothing wrong and we're blocking all his staff from testifying to prove it" defense is really something.

If he testifies and lies then burn him down. How is this difficult?
It will be interesting to see how this process goes down and what new information might be brought to light during the process.

I can tell you he's a lying, cheating, corrupt President that abused his office and obstructed congress. That's just what we know about this one event.

Reactions: Coug
It will be interesting to see how this process goes down and what new information might be brought to light during the process.

I can tell you he's a lying, cheating, corrupt President that abused his office and obstructed congress. That's just what we know about this one event.
Cry me a f***ing river.

Reactions: AM64 and tennvols77

Lol. YGHN.

Hillary had nothing to do with the primaries Ace.

The Democrats didn't want the impeachment proceedings to bleed into the general election campaign and so they moved forward without trying to compel witness testimony through the federal court system. It is a political process, with political considerations being made. It's true that Democrats would not allow Republicans to call witnesses such as Alexandra Chalupa, Adam Schiff and the Bidens, but those witnesses were not germane to the core issue of whether or not Donald Trump withheld military aid to the Ukraine in exchange for a campaign favor. The Republicans were trying to deflect and shift the focus away from Trump. The Democrats didn't allow it. I suppose it's reasonable to call that "unfair" because in an actual trial, the defense is allowed to deflect and shift the focus away from the defendant. It's what a good defense team tries to do. The Democrats were in a position to keep that from happening, and so they did.

Is this executive privilege we are talking about, or entitlement? The White House's refusal to comply with the essential function of oversight will set a bad precedent for future administrations to follow... and could come back to bite Republicans one day. Eventually, there will be a President from the Democratic Party again, with a Republican-controlled House of Representatives. Good luck ever getting a subpoena complied with when that day comes.

First I'm glad you acknowledged this is a political process ... basically the first round was like a witch-hunt complete with the part about it being impossible to prove innocence. The ironic part is this is supposedly about someone abusing power to the detriment of a political rival ... Biden might run against Trump in the next presidential election; however all the potential dim candidates in congress are allowed to use their position to the detriment of a political rival. The eventual dim candidate (except Tulsi who will not be the candidate) with a couple of exceptions will almost have certainly voted for impeachment and/or removal of Trump ... makes his or her path to the presidency so much simpler. What's good for the goose ...

The three branches do perform checks and balances in the way they perform their functions; however no branch was apparently made subservient to another. If the congress can order a president or his staff to appear in judgement before congress for political reasons, then the branches are no longer equal unless the executive branch has the same privilege to sit in judgment of congressional members. What's good for the goose ...

And just imagine where that 409k (as Trump calls it) would be under Obama!

The S&P 500 Is at an All Time High—But It Still Performed Far Better Under Obama Than Trump

Do you understand the concept of dividing by 0 or really small numbers when making up percentage change? If you start with a very small number like when everything crashed on 2008, everything looks up from there. If you do new calculations from a point when the market has reasonably well recovered, the growth will never look that impressive. Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

I”ll hazard a guess on that . I’m betting it has something to do with spending all political and media clout for over three years telling the public ... we’ve got him now . The left started filing impeachment articles in July of 2017 , the threat of impeachment never let up until they had enough votes to get it done . This ( IMO) is why people brush it off .
No doubt. Plus, it was rehearsed, chopped up, and Maddow even said they were working on that interview for months. I think this whole Lev deal was fined up perfectly to convince Rep senators that they have to allow more witnesses. The idea is this guy has some crucial and potentially damaging info that we have to hear what he has to say and then the Dems would use him to bust the witness door wide open. That’s what’s going on here.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
That guy have any tweets bemoaning a trillion dollar deficit?

I get what you are saying , but it will take the whole village to cut down trillions , the least we can do is ask if the village idiot is running around spending $ 7200 on pens as prizes for her friends at our expense .

Reactions: davethevol and AM64
I get what you are saying , but it will take the whole village to cut down trillions , the least we can do is ask if the village idiot is running around spending $ 7200 on pens as prizes for her friends at our expense .
Golf trips? It all counts but $7200 isn't even worth the comment

Translation: You're acting like a baby that wastes time bemoaning the fact that you didn't get your way.

Actually, that sums up the Left and Congressional Democrats to a "T." Watching the shenanigans yesterday, I was trying to think of one useful thing they've accomplished in 3 years. Can you imagine how frustrating it must be for voters that put these clowns in office, just to see them waste time and money on a hissy-fit sham impeachment.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the brilliant idea that we should tear down all of our buildings, stop traveling, and be wary of cow farts.

Reactions: AM64
Golf trips? It all counts but $7200 isn't even worth the comment

The secret service goes where POTUS goes . Going out and having gold pens made for prizes is a tad bit EXTRA don’t you think ? You do realize what you said right ? Politicians spending thousands of dollars at our expense isn’t even worth the comment . 👀

Reactions: davethevol and AM64

VN Store

Back