'18 TN OL/DL Cade Mays (Transfer)

hmmmm, maybe the university/athletic department wouldn't be able to settle out of court without it being viewed by NCAA as additional benefits to the player/player's family...?

Interesting thought there. You could be right. I definitely don't claim to be in the field of athletics compliance.

I haven't looked into the Georgia SOL on a premises case (I work in Kentucky), but the lawsuit was filed shortly before the two year mark of the event's occurrence. People acting like the lawsuit being filed was a surprise don't understand civil litigation. He's most certainly been negotiating with the insurance carrier for the university and/or the chair manufacturing company (unless they are self-insured, in which case he's likely been negotiating with the company's risk management department directly) for quite some time. However, in these sort of cases , it's not uncommon for all of the parties to point fingers at each other and deny fault, including arguments that the Plaintiff contributed to the cause of the injury himself. These liability denials culminate in the filing of the lawsuit. Things usually get worked out in a mediation some time thereafter, with a confidentiality provision negotiated for by the defendants related to the agreed upon sum. (source: am insurance defense lawyer)
Kevin got a big chunk of change from the insurance company when he got injured in college

After further reflection ....show of hands. How many of you rose above the hate and went straight into the ridicule phase?
giphy.gif

Best part is him talking about parents calling about waivers and expecting their kid will get one because of what they believe (on social media) as to why Fields or another kid got a waiver. It's sad how NO ONE knows any other kid's case, but ready to put it out there as truth and deride everyone if their kid doesn't get a waiver.

Would Cade be the first ever undergraduate, non-postseason ban, intraconference transfer approved for immediate eligibility in the SEC?

Best part is him talking about parents calling about waivers and expecting their kid will get one because of what they believe (on social media) as to why Fields or another kid got a waiver. It's sad how NO ONE knows any other kid's case, but ready to put it out there as truth and deride everyone if their kid doesn't get a waiver.
Just like every other topic.

Understandable why he couldn't say much on anything. But for the amount of airtime he used, was hoping for a little more.

Cliff notes for anyone that doesn't want/can't spend the time.

Mr Mars is an attorney that does unrelated work for both the NCAA and families/universities seeking a waiver.
Anything you read on Twitter that paints either negatively, isn't true.
He can't give any info on what is true (again, understandable) but there's a loophole he "could drive a truck through".

TL;DL: No matter what's on Twitter, he still needs a qualifier under the written rules. And a well prepared case from the university for success.

It would/will be crazy if he turns out to be one of the best HCs we have ever had after that coaching search...I mean we were scraping bottom when we lucked into him.
Vol Twitter is capable of both great and terrible things. Would deserve a lot of credit for getting us to the point of appointing Fulmer and trusting him to make the right decision. Side note: Apparently this young up and comer at AD, Fulmer, knows a thing or 2 about what good coaching looks like.

I know everyone is thinking our line is going to be; Morris, Smith, Kennedy, Mays, and Wright but do not count out Calbert. That kid was one of our bright spots on the O-line this past year, and he will definitely be in contention for that RT spot.
He big boy..no shoneys 1579183493623.jpeg

I know everyone is thinking our line is going to be; Morris, Smith, Kennedy, Mays, and Wright but do not count out Calbert. That kid was one of our bright spots on the O-line this past year, and he will definitely be in contention for that RT spot.
After Trey Smith and Wright, the red shirt Chris A wins the first off the bus award on the OL. Curious how he falls out in the rotation?

VN Store

Back