Maurer? Portal bound?

A db getting his hand on the ball doesn’t necessarily mean it was a dropped int. And you may not want to see the results of that stat anyway. JG had at least 7 ints dropped this season. And once you take fact into consideration 2 of Maurers 5 ints bounced off HIS receivers chest.

And JG had quite a few drops by the WRs. TDS were dropped as well. But I am sure you don’t want to look at that either.

Personally I fully expect Maurer to transfer now that JG has announced he's staying, HB is on the team, and further competition in Hill. LSU might actually be a good spot for him with Burrow moving on.

Either way, hope he stays.

Personally I fully expect Maurer to transfer now that JG has announced he's staying, HB is on the team, and further competition in Hill. LSU might actually be a good spot for him with Burrow moving on.

Either way, hope he stays.
He’s a guy that made his name on beating out qbs much higher ranked than he was himself. This kid was the ONLY “3*” qb in attendance at The Opening and beat out 7 of the 12 there as well. This narrative that he’s conceded defeat in a pool of 6 is ridiculous. He’s not afraid of HB,JG or any of the others. If he were to transfer it would only be because he felt he wasn’t getting a fair opportunity to compete.

Well this coming yr Pruitt will have 5 qb on the roster he has recruited. 2 out of the 5 or duel threat, the other 3 or pure pocket passers. So maybe he wants both??
I think he looks for certain things then other things are extras. All other things being equal... take the guy who can run.

Who do you think the dual threats are? IIRC, Hill isn't. He has bad knees. Maurer would be closer to a DT than Hill.

He’s a guy that made his name on beating out qbs much higher ranked than he was himself. This kid was the ONLY “3*” qb in attendance at The Opening and beat out 7 of the 12 there as well. This narrative that he’s conceded defeat in a pool of 6 is ridiculous. He’s not afraid of HB,JG or any of the others. If he were to transfer it would only be because he felt he wasn’t getting a fair opportunity to compete.

You say that as if you know him personally.

Most the BM supporters did not believe he was a superstar. We just thought he would be better than JG which is a very low benchmark.
And he fell a bit short of that mark. Not a detractor of Brian Maurer by any means, just of a certain portion of the fanbase. If BM could ever harness the energy in a controlled manner, he can shine.

Reactions: tennrich1
Lol. Martin won a NC?? Please. Everybody with a brain cell knows the defense deserves the bulk of the credit for the NC.
Martin made plays with his legs and arms when the team needed it. In his two years as a starter, UT averaged 32 ppg and had a 22-3 record. JG has never led a UT O to 30 points against an FBS opponent. UT's avg scoring with him starting is about 10 ppg less than Martin.

The failure for you and some others to give credit where it is due is laughable. We win JG gets no credit and he sucks. We lose and he gets all the blame and he sucks.
That's simply not true. I gave credit to JG when he had apparently turned a corner having good games vs UK, USCe, and Mizzou. Then the old JG showed up in force for the last two games. He consistently processes too slow and fails to anticipate throws. That has't changed in 3 years.

Oh and I guess we shouldn’t even mention the teams that all those other QBs played with. I am sure that doesn’t matter at las right? The talent around a QB means nothing. Just him. So it was Trevor Lawrence’s fault that LSI smoked Clemson right?
We can talk about that if you like. Martin played on a very talented team. He still led them, moved the O, and scored points.

The talent around Ainge and Bray in their 3rd years at UT was less than JG had around him this year. Ainge had a LOT less. His best receiver was Lucas Taylor. They had no run game. The OL wasn't very good. But Cut taught him to make good pre-snap reads and then get the ball out. The result was a "dink and dunk" O that scored lots of points and stayed on the field to protect the D. That was UT's last trip to the SEC CG where they lost by 7 to a very good LSU team.

And he fell a bit short of that mark. Not a detractor of Brian Maurer by any means, just of a certain portion of the fanbase. If BM could ever harness the energy in a controlled manner, he can shine.
We can argue this forever. The O/W game will answer a lot of questions. If no one comes out a clear winner , I believe we will have instability at Qb for another year.

We can argue this forever. The O/W game will answer a lot of questions. If no one comes out a clear winner , I believe we will have instability at Qb for another year.
O&W Game never answers zilch. Barely qualifies as an exhibition. Spring practice and Fall camp is where the answers lay.

Reactions: tnutater
O&W Game never answers zilch. Barely qualifies as an exhibition. Spring practice and Fall camp is where the answers lay.
Zilch, ? LOL , No. By referencing the O/W game I was also including the spring practice. We will know some by the conclusion of spring practice and the O/W game. I agree Fall practice will also be a factor.

Martin made plays with his legs and arms when the team needed it. In his two years as a starter, UT averaged 32 ppg and had a 22-3 record. JG has never led a UT O to 30 points against an FBS opponent. UT's avg scoring with him starting is about 10 ppg less than Martin.

That's simply not true. I gave credit to JG when he had apparently turned a corner having good games vs UK, USCe, and Mizzou. Then the old JG showed up in force for the last two games. He consistently processes too slow and fails to anticipate throws. That has't changed in 3 years.

We can talk about that if you like. Martin played on a very talented team. He still led them, moved the O, and scored points.

The talent around Ainge and Bray in their 3rd years at UT was less than JG had around him this year. Ainge had a LOT less. His best receiver was Lucas Taylor. They had no run game. The OL wasn't very good. But Cut taught him to make good pre-snap reads and then get the ball out. The result was a "dink and dunk" O that scored lots of points and stayed on the field to protect the D. That was UT's last trip to the SEC CG where they lost by 7 to a very good LSU team.
So Meachem with almost 1300 yards along with Swain and Lucas Taylor is much less talent than what we had last year?

CP and Hunter are less than what we had last year? 🙃🙃🙃😂😂😂😂

There is no lie you aren't willing to tell to try and make JG look bad. Now we had more talent than Meachem, CP, and Hunter. I'm dead.

Reactions: lexkyvol
Zilch, ? LOL , No. By referencing the O/W game I was also including the spring practice. We will know some by the conclusion of spring practice and the O/W game. I agree Fall practice will also be a factor.
If you include Spring practice and Fall camp, then we’re in total agreeance...so what’s up?

That's even dumber than most of your stuff. JG left the door open. The staff LOVED what BM did vs UGA. The injury set him back. He never really played with the same confidence afterwards. Without the injury, he did in fact beat JG out.

From just a passing standpoint, Maurer did better in the first half vs a very good UK D than JG did against Vandy or IU... two not very good D's.
sounds like excuses, which ur full of. i guess thats what ur brain is actually good at producing

He didn't play the same. I've said that many times. He was tentative and confused too often. Pruitt said he made several bad RPO reads. I think opposing DC's recognized that he wasn't handing the ball off in RPO's very often. RPO completions were a huge part of his success when he played well.

But how he played after recovering... if he was fully recovered... isn't the question. JG played poorly. So poorly that the coaches gave a true Fr who was not ready an opportunity. He answered with the UGA game. Afterwards, Pruitt acted as if it were obvious who the starter was for MSU.

No matter how you want to spin it. JG played poorly enough for BM to get a shot. BM played well enough to "win" the job before being injured.

I'm pretty clear when I post about Maurer. I think he has potential. But he has a TON of issues that have to be corrected. I am just more forgiving of a true Fr that was probably viewed as at least somewhat of a project than a RS Jr that has had all sorts of coaches try to "fix" him.
Duh! outside of one deep ball, that was his passing game and i said it when it was happening. it was an rpo, one read passing game. uga and co figured it out and he was toast afterwards. it wasnt his injury. its he cant read defenses. i told you guys he couldn't. he's worse than JG at it, freshman or not. the best reader pre-bailey is Shrout!

And how in the world would you know this? Maurer told you this personally?

He is close to Maurer. Rarely talks about it because he wants his statements about BMs performance to stand on their own logic and merits...when pressed in the past he has admitted it. I told him that honestly it was best for him not to post here, and he had better have thick skin because everyone has opinions and they are often stupid and disrespectful. To his credit, I have never seen him disrespect another poster or get very bent out of shape which I am sure isnt easy since he obviously cares about BM.

BM made freshman mistakes. Threw into double coverage several times and threw a couple bad picks. It is expected. He also gave the team an obvious spark when JG couldnt move the ball at all and the team publicly got behind the kid...including his WR. I read their own words.

Another posted this very telling stat...that honestly should end the arguments from 1 side here but we all know will not:

3 seasons playing here. Full seasons.

JG has played 32 games and has 32TD.

How can any more need be said? Who can read that and think JG is a decent QB? An idiot. That's who. 7 points per game. If yall think we are winning games with 7 points in the passing game you're insane. Even with our now good defense. Not happening

Another stat that should end all arguments????

JG will be the only UT QB to play 4 seasons (if he gets to play next year) and finish with a LOSING RECORD. That's after the 6 out of 7 we won this year and the 6 game win streak. After. How can that ever be ignored????

Tough kid. No doubt. But after 4 years on campus, the best he can do is 1 TD a game..and goes out in a bowl game against a poor IU defense and throws 2 picks and gets benched again for a true freshman??? This is the guy yall set your hopes on??

BM has a higher ceiling than JG . HB had better, or he will be considered a bust. We have seen the best of JG...it is 7ppg. Over 32 freaking games. Smh

It's clear the coaching staff has more faith in JG than Maurer. You're either going to have to say they don't know what they're doing (that is too dark a pit for me to jump into) or accept what they believe is best for the team. Once we get a look at Bailey at O&W game we're going to know if he's the future. Skill set is excellent, it's going to be a question as to whether he can read college defenses and make the right decisions. If Bailey is the real deal (the professional talent evaluators say he is) and with the transfer portal, that probably means Maurer goes after the spring. It's the new normal in college football, why sit on the bench when you can go to a decent program and play. No hard feelings towards the young man if that's what happens. If Bailey isn't the real deal, Maurer probably stays thinking he'll split the PT with JG again and take over for his junior year. But they're now talking on 247 about Bailey getting reclassified as a 5 star.

If he transfers, Maurer hasn't shown the kind talent for him to go to LSU. He's got the skills to start at a Pitt or West Virginia, but LSU, no way. Watch for the King kid from Houston to end up at LSU. He's special and that's too good an opportunity. Those Texas kids do love Oklahoma though so they will be a possible destination for him as well, but I don't know how he could pass on LSU.

I never do understand why kids flock to Norman. Middle of nowhere and flat as a pancake.

VN Store

Back