Maurer? Portal bound?

He had a great shot at being our QB next year.
No he didn’t. Everyone fell in love after that long TD vs UGA but outside of that play, he looked lost out there and it’s lucky he didnt have twice as many interceptions as he did.

Oh, and he’s very small, and can’t finish a game.

That said, he had confidence and moxie. If he was patient and took a red shirt year, he could be something down the line. But not now. Transferring is a mistake.

chattavol420

I’d rather have Maurer stay and jg go. But the reality is that neither of them need to be the starter next year if we are to go anywhere. Maurer isn’t a very accurate passer and weighs about 170 pounds soaking wet. I didn’t care what ut lists him at. The dude is absolutely tiny. He’s got some moxie and I’d love to see him stay and bulk up to eventually compete for the job. But whatever

Remy

A kick to the cods is my only deterrence.
"Had" a great shot is the operative word here. The minute HB enrolls, he's #2 QB minimum IMO. Maurer had a great shot at being THE MAN. He was not up to it, he's a little fish in a big pond as is JG. We need a big fish in a big pond, it's gotta be HB or we're hurtin' for certain.

ABINGDON VOL FAN

I’d rather have Maurer stay and jg go. But the reality is that neither of them need to be the starter next year if we are to go anywhere. Maurer isn’t a very accurate passer and weighs about 170 pounds soaking wet. I didn’t care what ut lists him at. The dude is absolutely tiny. He’s got some moxie and I’d love to see him stay and bulk up to eventually compete for the job. But whatever
Maurer is listed in the 190’s on a 6’3 frame. JG is 6’4 and looks about the same frame. BTW Burrow’s is 6’4 and looks about the same frame as JG.

willinhf

No he didn’t. Everyone fell in love after that long TD vs UGA but outside of that play, he looked lost out there and it’s lucky he didnt have twice as many interceptions as he did.

Oh, and he’s very small, and can’t finish a game.

That said, he had confidence and moxie. If he was patient and took a red shirt year, he could be something down the line. But not now. Transferring is a mistake.
He was a true freshman who looked like a true freshman. He is not Tua nor Trevor. But he could develop into the next Burough. Don’t know at this point. And don’t know if HB is the next Trevor or Tua either.

I would like to see how he comes out with a year under his belt, learning the system, S&C, being coached up, before I say he needs to transfer.

Very few true freshmen are capable of leading a SEC team at a high level. Transferring would be a mistake. Another year of being coached up and developed by the staff would be smart.

orange parmejohn

He was a true freshman who looked like a true freshman. He is not Tua nor Trevor. But he could develop into the next Burough. Don’t know at this point. And don’t know if HB is the next Trevor or Tua either.

I would like to see how he comes out with a year under his belt, learning the system, S&C, being coached up, before I say he needs to transfer.

Very few true freshmen are capable of leading a SEC team at a high level. Transferring would be a mistake. Another year of being coached up and developed by the staff would be smart.
Ageeed. Those freshman also came into well established teams with NFL talent all over the roster.

BM is a baller but needs to settle down a fuzz. Was exciting for a bit but the excitement was turnovers and was gonna be turnovers. I’m ok with JG taking the helm for first half of year and then Harrison taking over. Nowhere near the hype Harrison Bailey has coming in his freshman year and we were all salivating over him. So I think if we can just wait on Harrison to get ready we won’t be disappointed. Who knows as long as we win!

aredfox28

imma 5 star
Everyone stays until after Spring Practice. Once the pecking order is determined after the Orange and White game, at least one, maybe two, will transfer.
Don’t be surprised if even JG becomes a graduate transfer in he gets passed by one of the others.
You think Pruitt is gonna name a starter after the orange and white game?? I got some ocean front property I'd like to sell you here in PA..

VN Store

Sponsors