Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If 70%+ of the labor force are minorities, you would think 70% of the coaching staffs would also be made up by minorities. The fact that this isn’t the case suggests their is a discrepancy somewhere.

I think it might have something to do with while the 70% are out there on the field playing. The guys that are getting the coaching jobs are in the film room grinding it out for little money or nothing. Every year we hear the story about how someone got started in the business by volunteering for free to get coffee and donuts or whatever just to get the opportunity to be in the building and get noticed. Just like the players on the field they didn't get to where they are at the pro level without putting in the time and grind training and preparing their bodies to do what they do. Coaches are the same way. They are not getting hired because of their color. They are getting hired because they earned it.

Missouri State grabbing headlines this morning:

Reports last night had Art Briles pegged as the guy.

Seen this movie! Has a very good first season, declares wherever the hell he’s at in Missouri as his new home, signs a 7 year extension and accepts the Syracuse job 3 weeks later.

Just a little nostalgic racism. Not the bad kind documented in the Dolemite movies.

Imma bout to flip this mutha and get paid.
70%? It's now obvious why I didn't make the league.
I'm sure they gonna play it off as "no, it's because you were too small, slower than a damn sloth and Travis Henry was just better than you...by like miles" but I ain't having it!!
Calling Saul.

Missouri State grabbing headlines this morning:

Reports last night had Art Briles pegged as the guy.

I guess if you want to make the fanbase more accepting of Petrino, you make it seem like Art Briles first. Now they can be excited that they didn't hire a complete scumbag like Briles.

Imma bout to flip this mutha and get paid.
70%? It's now obvious why I didn't make the league.
I'm sure they gonna play it off as "no, it's because you were too small, slower than a damn sloth and Travis Henry was just better than you...by like miles" but I ain't having it!!
Calling Saul.
Those that can’t? Litigate!

Reactions: chargervol
Do we have an idea who the probables are on closing out this class? There isn't much discussion going on in the threads now.

I think it might have something to do with while the 70% are out there on the field playing. The guys that are getting the coaching jobs are in the film room grinding it out for little money or nothing. Every year we hear the story about how someone got started in the business by volunteering for free to get coffee and donuts or whatever just to get the opportunity to be in the building and get noticed. Just like the players on the field they didn't get to where they are at the pro level without putting in the time and grind training and preparing their bodies to do what they do. Coaches are the same way. They are not getting hired because of their color. They are getting hired because they earned it.
So the 70% the earn the opportunities on the field aren't grinding and putting in work in the film room, etc.?

Reactions: quadlee21
I guess if you want to make the fanbase more accepting of Petrino, you make it seem like Art Briles first. Now they can be excited that they didn't hire a complete scumbag like Briles.
“Petrino? He ain’t so bad! He’ll pitch a married hussy on a state highway on you...but the co-eds are reasonably safe.”

You saying Lyle Jones is grinding it out in the film room?

Reactions: Sleegro
Stay strong buddy!
giphy.gif

too small, too slow....not a high motor.
“Hips don’t swivel...and I was really watching! In the end he just doesn’t have the attributes we’re looking for in a DB...not like Scott Case. There’s a future HOF who meets the eye test!” 6041928C-0515-4FE7-94FA-4D08627F5694.jpeg

Last edited:
Call me crazy , but I have a hard time believing that 32 of the most successful people in the world are purposely not hiring someone because of their color. They didn't get where they are today without taking chances and being smart. If these guys think your the best they will hire you.
Calling all NFL owners world wide successes is a stretch, maybe 2 or 3 qualify. Majority were just born into money and play with it, but depends on what "successful" means to you.

Man, is anyone else amped up for the basketVOLs in Georgia tonight for Uros first game???

I kind of hope he just goes the F off after all the BS he's had to go through with the NCAA. Like 20 & 20, KG or Shaq type dominance in the paint.

I will be at the game. Looking forward to seeing the team in person. We have to figure out how to cut down turnovers before we hit the back half of conference play.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back