Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like our shots at the East this year honestly.

Florida & Bama here in Neyland. Georgia has to play Bama, Florida & Auburn before we play them.

We shall see...should be an exciting season. Having the same guys returning on both sides of the line while ADDING talent should help whoever the QB is...just need to produce in the running game to make things even easier for whoever the guy is under center.
it's all about the QB.

Now that this year has ended in total and looking at some of the best teams and stories from this year... i think building and maintaining a culture/locker room is most important trait for a head coach. Ed Orgeron was horrible as a Hc before, but damn he’s got the entire state hanging on every word of his and team will go full kamikaze mode for him. Same thing for Dabo, I don’t think he’s some schematic genius but he demands a certain culture, and his players eat it up. Hell even PJ Fleck, Minnesota had no business winning 10 games and beating Auburn, Penn state, almost beating Wisconsin etc. but his players love him and would run through a wall for him.

The energy/culture inside & around our program got so bad at the end of butch and the Botched search that it was like an anchor (literally & figuratively Bc of losses to vandy) weighing us down. I mean we were literally having discussions if our roster was worse than Vanderbilt or if our OL was better than Charlotte. It took longer than we wanted and it wasn’t always pretty by any means... and quite frankly i have no Fn idea how we won some games like Indiana, Kentucky, miss state lol.... but i give Pruitt and Fulmer major major props for finding a way to power wash all that filth off this program and now have us looking like we belong again. Hopefully our fan base and players rally around them just like those other teams have done.
Post of the year so far Hank. Excellent take.

no it's not. i do think they'll still compete tho. but the folks doing the pre season stuff are star gazers. and all they know is UGA has a bunch of 'em.

if had to pick today, i'd probalby pick UF to win the East.
uga tends to fold when the going gets tough, they were a different team after the Scar game. I imagine if week 3 at Bama is a stomping they may be quitting earlier than usual...

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Dirty ass play.....that guy was a POS. He got up flexing like he did something. The OL should've taken his knees out.
OMG..you must love todays sissy ball, but it was ruled legal..Burrow just got his dick knocked in the dirt.

That is why offenses go off now. They are not afraid of getting mauled. I miss the old days..

I wonder if it's part mechanics and good qb coaching, and part just having confidence in knowing where you're going with the ball. Like, the anti-JG. Burrow was always accurate, but now just lets it rip and so he just looks more accurate, when it reality it's just that he's more confident in where he's going with the ball.
I think it is a perfect storm kind of deal...plus there were no really brutal defenses this year to contend with. There were several good ones, but none even close to being a true three level nightmare like Clemsons last year, or several of the Bama ones. Heck even UGAs of two years ago.

View attachment 254241
I would love to teams today try to stop that 95 Nebraska team from running the football.
No way these pussified defenses of today could even slow them down. I watched the marginally weaker 97 NU team treat Al Wilson, Leonard little and company like wet toilet paper. And that team was not the 95 Cornroiders..those guys were huge fast, and most of all..meaner than a pit of pissed off rattlers. Like having a roster full of JJs attitude wise...they enjoyed physically destroying people.

well here is my first ever attempt at "insider status", so please go gentle on me. I have a friend whose wife is acquaintances with Amari Rodger's mom and apparently he is "seriously considering" grad transferring to UT next season. apparently she said he is very homesick and likes the idea of possibly playing for dad for 1 season. Nothing set in stone but it's something he's talking to his family about. that's all i got i'll hang up and listen!

Oh I have....figured this would have been left in the past with pagers though!

Also King ain't coming to UT unless it's to play against us, can't wait for Bailey to take over as QB so every average transfer isn't made into the "next Dobbs" for us...
agreed. but i do think that kid is really, really good......i don't want to have to play him. hope he goes somewhere we won't see him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back