Quarterback

Which qb realistically gives us the best shot to win games in 2020?

• Jarrett Guarantano

Votes: 132 22.8%
  • Harrison Bailey

Votes: 329 56.7%
  • Kasim Hill

Votes: 61 10.5%
  • Brian Maurer

Votes: 134 23.1%
  • JT Shrout

Votes: 22 3.8%

• Total voters
I’m not saying we can’t win 9 games. I think that’s a realistic expectation. Defense should continue to improve and we have some nice transfers. However we have 1 experienced WR returning that’s been a starter. I’m saying you can’t legitimately expect HB to come in and be the clear starter when the kid hasn’t thrown a pass yet much less even put the pads on for his first collegiate practice.
I think there could be a two headed quarterback situation with JG and HB by the middle of the season because I think Maurer and Shrout will transfer out.

People can recover from ACL injuries now. I would not rule him out. He was a 4 star and has experience and a new home. Certainly not a zero chance like JG lover proclaimed.
He was never a dual threat like some claim and the knee injuries didn’t help the rest of his game

Harrison Bailey but it doesn't matter. JG isn't transferring and I think Pruitt will pick experience and what he thinks is safe over a talented freshman QB.

I think Hill can beat out JG for most starts. They are basically the same except Hill actually has functioning legs.
If given a fair shot, Maurer and Bailey and Shrout should all 3 play ahead of Guarantano. We know with 100% certainty how limited JG is and that he simply can’t do it. It’s now time to see if one of these 3 can, and if they can’t, run Hill out there. No more Guarantano.

Ok ktown. You pick the worst QB on the list ignoring the top half that had seasons on par or better then our QB. Bottom line quick cherry picking stats and players and realize that none of us know what HB will bring to the table. But history of startinging freshman in P5. Shows odds are better then 50% he will have a decent season...
Dude leave me out of anything that someone else posts. I have exactly one screen name , unlike you BM guys with your alts. I have been in the hospital sick this week and have not posted once or barely even read a post here. Debate who you are debating and leave me out of it. You need to grow tf up.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
JG starts game 1(assuming he’s still around), game 2 will see JG, Hill and Maurer get playing time. Game 3 Hill takes over and never looks back. Bailey plays in a few select games and redshirts, Maurer hits the portal and Shrout is just happy getting free Nike gear and having a hot girlfriend.

If JG transfers, Hill starts game 1, Maurer plays some. By game 4 Bailey takes over and the rest is history, Maurer hits the portal and Shrout still has the hot girlfriend.

GBO!!
Lol this is some funny $h!t, but I think this whole post is accurate imo. 🤷

That depends. To start the season? JG and for a bit, most definitely. You're not going into Oklahoma and Florida and winning with Bailey or Maurer.
Now you wanna talk about Georgia in November? Can't say I would go with JG.
Not winning those with JG either unless a miracle happens and I'm not going to rely on that.

Dude leave me out of anything that someone else posts. I have exactly one screen name , unlike you BM guys with your alts. I have been in the hospital sick this week and have not posted once or barely even read a post here. Debate who you are debating and leave me out of it. You need to grow tf up.
Sorry to hear your ill. But obviously your feeling better to come here and start crap. You werent even tagged. Get over yourself

Feel better soon!!

My take on Maurer is just a little different. There was no spring or fall QB competition last year and he was a true Frosh who got pressed into being the starter bc JG was so awful. While he showed flashes he played like a true Frosh got injured never really got the chance to recover now everybody wants to discount and dismiss the dude for 2020.
Maurer’s issue in 2019 was coaching strength/conditioning and prep not lack of talent IMO. But we’ll all know for sure in just a few months. Stay tuned.

I didn’t vote because I don’t know who to vote for. But, I think there is enough competition to make spring practice really exciting. A couple guys likely leave. The new guy we stole from TCU likely moves to WR or slot. It will wash out. Ideally I’d love Bailey to ball out like never seen before but whatever happens happens.

Maybe if VN makes you this angry I would suggest you take a temporary or permanent break from it. People who are happy generally live longer lives and are less sick so consider this as constructive advice.

Bad as you may believe he is, did you watch JG stats when he was getting the "hail" beat out of him behind an OL that couldn't block air his first 2.5 years or more? I imagine Hill had similar misfortunes, thus his stats. Neither JG nor KH has Kathyrine Pride's phasing ability.
Nice X-man reference. It is amazing how that fact is lost to some on this site.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
I didn’t vote because I don’t know who to vote for. But, I think there is enough competition to make spring practice really exciting. A couple guys likely leave. The new guy we stole from TCU likely moves to WR or slot. It will wash out. Ideally I’d love Bailey to ball out like never seen before but whatever happens happens.

It appears most on here are not willing to give Holiday a chance. We don't know really what any of qb can do other than jg. I don't know either, but why recruit him, if not willing to give him a chance I read somewhere that he was told he would be given a chance a qb. I will trust the coaches to make the right decision though.

It appears most on here are not willing to give Holiday a chance. We don't know really what any of qb can do other than jg. I don't know either, but why recruit him, if not willing to give him a chance I read somewhere that he was told he would be given a chance a qb. I will trust the coaches to make the right decision though.

Trust the coaches? There you go, someone who gets it.

Holiday may be the next man up. I simply don’t know. We’re deep at the position but I doubt we enter fall camp with all these guys as is.

I trust the coaches to get it right.

My take on Maurer is just a little different. There was no spring or fall QB competition last year and he was a true Frosh who got pressed into being the starter bc JG was so awful. While he showed flashes he played like a true Frosh got injured never really got the chance to recover now everybody wants to discount and dismiss the dude for 2020.
Maurer’s issue in 2019 was coaching strength/conditioning and prep not lack of talent IMO. But we’ll all know for sure in just a few months. Stay tuned.
I agree part of the problem was inexperience. However, by the end of the season, he should not be making the same mistakes over and over. He biggest asset ove JG is his ability to escape the rush and pick up yardage with his legs. He also seems to throw the ball a bit better on the run, but he throws the ball into overage as well as across the field into coverage. Those throws easily end up as ints. I would not star HB against Oklahoma unless his is blowing everyone else away in Fall practice and when/if he plays in the first game. I would not throw him to the wolves until he has good production against some of our less-talented teams. However, I think he will be able to beat UGa when they come up on the schedule.

Bad as you may believe he is, did you watch JG stats when he was getting the "hail" beat out of him behind an OL that couldn't block air his first 2.5 years or more? I imagine Hill had similar misfortunes, thus his stats. Neither JG nor KH has Kathyrine Pride's phasing ability.
Based on your posts I’d say 99% of what you write is based on what you “imagine”.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Holiday may be the next man up. I simply don’t know. We’re deep at the position but I doubt we enter fall camp with all these guys as is.

I trust the coaches to get it right.
I trust the coaches to get everything about this team right after how I saw them right the ship and finish the season......except at the quarterback position.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back