'20 TN ATH Darion Williamson (FSU Commit)

Doubt we waste a spot in next year’s class.
Don't really look at it like that, since it's just to reach 25 as far as I understand, so it's not pragmatically limiting us the next class. Just rolling 1 forward each year. Like we BSd 2 (would have with Harris) last year and a few (3 afaik) the year before. Not a big deal as long as we have 1 candidate in the future, we just keep pushing it forward and take 25 (24 signees + 1 BS) for the foreseeable future.

You could be right and we just sign him and take 24. Just figure we'd keep maxing out 25 like Pruitt did his first 2 classes. Seems to want to flip the roster asap, but maybe he's done enough to feel comfortable and decides he's done BSing and takes an even 24. Wouldn't mind that either.

It is just to reach 25 as far as I understand. Like we BSd 2 (would have with Harris) last year and a few (3 afaik) the year before. Not a big deal as long as we have 1 candidate in the future, we just keep pushing it forward.

You could be right and we just sign him and take 24. Just figure we'd keep maxing out 25 like Pruitt did his first 2 classes. Seems to want to flip the roster asap, but maybe he's done enough to feel comfortable and decides he's done BSing and takes an even 24.
Taking 25 just to take 25 is something we need to wean ourselves off of. Bama and UGA AND Clemson have signed less than 25 in previous seasons and been able to backcount them in subsequents. Not to hate on Williamson, but when you take blueshirts you get blueshirt quality. For every Jashon Robertson or Tim Jordan, you get 3-4 who aren’t on the roster in a season or two’s time.

Don't really look at it like that, since it's just to reach 25 as far as I understand, so it's not pragmatically limiting us the next class. Just rolling 1 forward each year. Like we BSd 2 (would have with Harris) last year and a few (3 afaik) the year before. Not a big deal as long as we have 1 candidate in the future, we just keep pushing it forward and take 25 (24 signees + 1 BS) for the foreseeable future.

You could be right and we just sign him and take 24. Just figure we'd keep maxing out 25 like Pruitt did his first 2 classes. Seems to want to flip the roster asap, but maybe he's done enough to feel comfortable and decides he's done BSing and takes an even 24. Wouldn't mind that either.
Hubbs said he would be a blue shirt candidate.

Reactions: Devo182
Hubbs said he would be a blue shirt candidate.

This makes the most sense to me. Would not want commit this class LOI with recovery uncertain and probability of impact next season low. He has to determine if he wants to fight for time in this room or not. Bet he won’t be left in the cold by this staff.

VN Store

Back