'20 TN ATH Darion Williamson (FSU Commit)

Not trying at all, just seeing you repeatedly post all over about how that average is everything. Don't mean chit to me. We have an absolutely outstanding class as it is, whoever's we get on NSD is just butter on the cornbread.
Icing on the cake.

I don't know how I feel about this. He most certainly would have redshirted, and had the chance to get bigger and stronger. Healthier. Could have come on in 2021 as a 6'3 225 lbs pass rusher on 3rd down. Very athletic rangy kid. Fast too

I think he'll do well at FSU. Hate to lose him, and he did stay committed for a long time. We neglected him, but we did put him on the radar too.

Some of our fans don't realize how well we are recruiting now. If we are in ANY other Power 5 conference, we're at least signing the # 2 class. But only 5th in then SEC.

Can’t compare ourselves to PAC 12 teams. We play in the SEC. Gotta use SEC as the bar. Potentially a top 8 class if we finish strong here, so recruiting well for sure but can’t put it in context of “if we were in another conference.” We aren’t. We are competing against those other guys ahead of us like UGA and UF.

Also, you drop this kid for Beckwith and/or Wideman all day long. Need WR more than WR-turned-DE projects.

Not trying at all, just seeing you repeatedly post all over about how that average is everything. Don't mean chit to me. We have an absolutely outstanding class as it is, whoever's we get on NSD is just butter on the cornbread.

I like butter.

Can’t compare ourselves to PAC 12 teams. We play in the SEC. Gotta use SEC as the bar. Potentially a top 8 class if we finish strong here, so recruiting well for sure but can’t put it in context of “if we were in another conference.” We aren’t. We are competing against those other guys ahead of us like UGA and UF.

Also, you drop this kid for Beckwith and/or Wideman all day long. Need WR more than WR-turned-DE projects.

I agree.

Don’t blame him at all. Yac was his guy here pushing for him. While Pruitt would have followed through with the blue shirt plan I never would have issue with a kid taking the for sure upfront thing instead of waiting. School cost too dang much these days

Who was the teammate that is going to FSU with him, that 6'8 wr? His name escapes me.

Markeston Douglas.
1 yr of football. Pretty good basketball player
I seen in another thread one of his teammates went with him to FSU. Was wondering if it was the big WR. When I listened to the games they said he was getting looks by D1 schools everday aa the season was getting near the end. The announcers just kept on saying ,throw it to the 6'8 guy geez.

It's why I said they dont want to make Haywood mad. Emmit Gooden, and a few years ago Carlos Singleton was 6'9 wr played for Memphis. Big boys around here.

Hope this kid balls out, no joke. I wish him well and wish he could have stuck with us in this class but that’s part of recruiting you’re swinging at the big fish.

Pretty obvious. UT gets a WR transfer, and drops a WR prospect. UT gets an Oline transfer and drops and OL prospect. Both of which are better rated talent. Throw in experience and boom goes the dynamite. It’s not hard to see what Pruitt is doing. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t sign another HS kid in the late period, unless they are a top, top prospect.

Pretty obvious. UT gets a WR transfer, and drops a WR prospect. UT gets an Oline transfer and drops and OL prospect. Both of which are better rated talent. Throw in experience and boom goes the dynamite. It’s not hard to see what Pruitt is doing. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t sign another HS kid in the late period, unless they are a top, top prospect.
They’ll sign Beckwith, Wideman and Evans if they can. But I agree, they likely won’t reach to fill a spot. If they miss on those guys look for more grad transfers and/or over sign next class.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back