'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

With the final rankings upon us, we ask National Recruiting Director Mike Farrell what he would argue for at the quarterback position, between the rankings of Uiagalelei and Young and whether Bailey should be awarded his fifth star even if he didn’t play in the All-American Bowl?

“I was for Bailey getting his fifth star the last time we met and nothing has changed for me. I think he has a chance to be special at the next level and beyond, and I love the maturity and leadership he showed this season. I don’t care if he had to miss the all-star game. He’s a five-star to me.

gonna stay a 4* now

Plan to resurrect UT offense:
✅ build an elite offensive line (Kennedy, Smith?, Morris, Wright, Carvin?, Calbert?)
✅ recruit elite playmakers (Gray, Small?, Whitehead?, Keyton?, Gibbs?, Calloway?, Hyatt?)
✅ recruit elite QBs (Bailey, Holliday?)

I feel like I'm counting chickens before they've hatched, but I feel good about the future offense.

TOO MANY QUESTION MARKS

I think he will elevate all but I’m trying not to be too optimistic.
I get that. I'm a cautious optimist trying not to get my expectations too high.
yeah, i think the expectation for him is going to be thru the roof for the fans.

i think it's probably a good thing that we'll go in to next season with him NOT having to be the starter. so if he is, he will have earned it....so i'll get that out of the way right now.

but it's gonna be hard for some fans to not look around at all the precedents that have been set the past few years with freshmen qb's coming in and having an instant impact...and if ours doesn't, then that has to = somethings' wrong.

the qb discussions for the next 8 months are probably gonna be unberable.

yeah, i think the expectation for him is going to be thru the roof for the fans.

i think it's probably a good thing that we'll go in to next season with him NOT having to be the starter. so if he is, he will have earned it....so i'll get that out of the way right now.

but it's gonna be hard for some fans to not look around at all the precedents that have been set the past few years with freshmen qb's coming in and having an instant impact...and if ours doesn't, then that has to = somethings' wrong.

the qb discussions for the next 8 months are probably gonna be unberable.
honestly, I would be happy to see JG improve and provide a year to HB, but i also think it is doubtful he will. he should have performed better in the bowl game given the time he's had in Chaney's system now. I thought the early problems he had this season was given the OC change, but the bowl game proves otherwise.

You guys are going to bury this kid under stupidly outrageous expectations before he ever gets on campus. 🤦‍♂️

When he makes bad plays..and he WILL make a lot of bad plays if he is a true frosh starter....you guys are going to eviscerate him.

One thing lost on all of you..this kid is not a dual threat Manziel type, he is not an improviser, he is a true pocket passer, and those types usually take longer to develop.

And before you guys throw TL at me...

TL stepped into a great team, it was the easiest possible transition for him...HB is being tasked to be the saviour of a once great program with a host of rabid fanatics that has been in football hell for over a decade...and the team is only half built. He will not have Trey and JJ and MC to lean on..

Let us please let the kid make his way at his pace, and use some good freakin common sense for a change...

He’s going to be fine. He will make mistakes but plays also. They will manage him well and should have a really good OL.

honestly, I would be happy to see JG improve and provide a year to HB, but i also think it is doubtful he will. he should have performed better in the bowl game given the time he's had in Chaney's system now. I thought the early problems he had this season was given the OC change, but the bowl game proves otherwise.
yeah, i don't have any real hope for JG at this point. he just doesn't see things the way you need to at this level.

i think HB comes in as close to ready made as you can, but the learning curve at this level, no matter how good, is still pretty steep. if for no other reason than everybody's bigger, faster, stronger, and inevitably , what worked in HS, may not have the same result in college. especially in the SEC.

so i'll go in with tempered expectations for him....but should he wind up as the starter.............i'll feel pretty good about it because i do think this off season will have a pretty good QB competition.

and i'm not ready to write off Maurer just yet either.

yeah, i don't have any real hope for JG at this point. he just doesn't see things the way you need to at this level.

i think HB comes in as close to ready made as you can, but the learning curve at this level, no matter how good, is still pretty steep. if for no other reason than everybody's bigger, faster, stronger, and inevitably , what worked in HS, may not have the same result in college. especially in the SEC.

so i'll go in with tempered expectations for him....but should he wind up as the starter.............i'll feel pretty good about it because i do think this off season will have a pretty good QB competition.

and i'm not ready to write off Maurer just yet either.
Agreed, I was thinking about the potential for Maurer to have an improved sophomore season but got distracted thinking about JG's bowl performance. smh... 15.5 QBR

He’s going to be fine. He will make mistakes but plays also. They will manage him well and should have a really good OL.
this is a good point. as bad as we've been the past few years up front, HB is getting here at the right time. the OL will be as good as it's been in a while, we have legit skill position players at RB and WR....TE is a bit of a quesiton mark, but we have some dept there.

it could be set up for him to come in and do well from the jump. who knows.

this off season will be huge......obviously.

Reactions: chargervol
Agreed, I was thinking about the potential for Maurer to have an improved sophomore season but got distracted thinking about JG's bowl performance. smh... 15.5 QBR
ugh. JG is someone i would have found it easy to root for. and in some ways i still do. i hate how this season went for him at times, but man...................he sure does make it hard on himself.

anyway....Maurer has all the intangibles. he needs to really use this off season to his benefit.

this is a good point. as bad as we've been the past few years up front, HB is getting here at the right time. the OL will be as good as it's been in a while, we have legit skill position players at RB and WR....TE is a bit of a quesiton mark, but we have some dept there.

it could be set up for him to come in and do well from the jump. who knows.

this off season will be huge......obviously.

Agreed but still think McGill is right, at least some will do what he says. Look at Maurer, or heck, look at Gray. You could see the potential in both, as a result, both got crowned. Few mistakes later, they were ripped apart *by some.

Everyone in crowning mode because Bailey's potential is obvious. But heaven help when he has some freshmen moments. That's if he even wins the starting job. And you already pointed out the reaction if he doesn't. Either "here we go again" or "my god Pruitt is stupid".

But once again, "some".

VN Store

Back