'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

All those times IU’s defense shot through gaps and hit JG wasn’t his fault. I digress. I rather go watch paint dry or talk to a wall than attempt to reason with you.
I recall the blitzer on the pick 6 hitting JG that either Gray failed to pick up or JG made the wrong read on the RPO and should have handed off to Gray instead of pulling it out. I honestly can’t recall another untouched guy getting a shot on him. Can you remind me?

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Ok but if the QB is no good at getting them into the RZ (between the 20s), then RZ efficiency doesn't matter.

It's both.

Fwiw we were 4th in the SEC in RZ TD% last year...yet we scored less.

Imo a year of Chaney acclimation. We'll either do better next season or have something legitimate to critique.
Most likely if they are good in the red zone they are good at getting there.
The opposite not always so. Field is short , much more congestion, less space to defend.

Bass, we've had the worst luck for the longest time. I just can't bring myself to even imagine in the slightest that Bailey will bust.
I hate that the pressure's on this kid, but I think he's up for the challenge. It's about damn time we get some of that luck our rivals have had. Gray and To'o-To'o are freshmen that played like seasoned veterans. All about the mindset, and I think Bailey has it.
Please 😅
Yes!

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
As if our online the last 2 or 3 years could even handle any kind of pass rush. Lmao there are so many variables that just go right over the heads or the angry reds.

It isn't the OL..it isn't the pass catchers...it isn't the play calling...

JG is a consistently horrid QB...

You are either disingenuous, a family member or friend, or just purely blindly delusional to deny it. (I don't think you are being fake)

I was one of his biggest apologists and supporters for a loooooong time....but the dude is just a consistently bad QB and he drags the whole teams performance down with him when he is bad...which is most of the time..

You guys are going to bury this kid under stupidly outrageous expectations before he ever gets on campus. 🤦‍♂️

When he makes bad plays..and he WILL make a lot of bad plays if he is a true frosh starter....you guys are going to eviscerate him.

One thing lost on all of you..this kid is not a dual threat Manziel type, he is not an improviser, he is a true pocket passer, and those types usually take longer to develop.

And before you guys throw TL at me...

TL stepped into a great team, it was the easiest possible transition for him...HB is being tasked to be the saviour of a once great program with a host of rabid fanatics that has been in football hell for over a decade...and the team is only half built. He will not have Trey and JJ and MC to lean on..

Let us please let the kid make his way at his pace, and use some good freakin common sense for a change...

he was right off the bench in a bowl game...he was trying to make it happen. I can't fault him for that. He also led them right down the field and made a throw on the run on third down that JG could never make.
You can always fault a QB for terrible decisions.

All those times IU’s defense shot through gaps and hit JG wasn’t his fault. I digress. I rather go watch paint dry or talk to a wall than attempt to reason with you.
That's because you don't "reason". He ran out of the pocket for no good reason several times. He was seldom hit and was sacked only once. Some of you will do ANYTHING to deflect blame from JG.

Funny, are you a new k-town login? I don't recall ever seeing you.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
If they announce him in the spring... they may have no one besides him and Holiday.

I'm not convinced though that he will beat the others out. Maurer and Shrout both have arm talent. If they can get Maurer to settle down... he's got a real shot.

I hope they've learned on JG.... we'll see.
They haven’t learned. They will trot jg out there again because he hit a 10 yard slant in practice against ghost defenders

They haven’t learned. They will trot jg out there again because he hit a 10 yard slant in practice against ghost defenders
The evidence says otherwise. They committed to him this time last year to build his confidence. They worked on him all off-season to get him ready.... and they still benched him for poor play several times. If someone takes the job away from him... they'll have the job. But they have to catch up in managing the run game too.

Maurer showed some flashes but he's got to improve his decisions and go through his progressions. He wasn't ready. JG's poor play forced him into action.

The evidence says otherwise. They committed to him this time last year to build his confidence. They worked on him all off-season to get him ready.... and they still benched him for poor play several times. If someone takes the job away from him... they'll have the job. But they have to catch up in managing the run game too.

Maurer showed some flashes but he's got to improve his decisions and go through his progressions. He wasn't ready. JG's poor play forced him into action.
I’d rather roll with Maurer and let him sling it.

I recall the blitzer on the pick 6 hitting JG that either Gray failed to pick up or JG made the wrong read on the RPO and should have handed off to Gray instead of pulling it out. I honestly can’t recall another untouched guy getting a shot on him. Can you remind me?
One thing I noticed on that play, the defender had the snap count timed. At first I was blaming EG for missing the block.. But honestly, I don't know if he could have blocked the guy, he was already hitting the gap before the ball was snapped and on JG. At one point IU seemed to be figuring out the count. JMHO

I’d rather roll with Maurer and let him sling it.
Perfect scenario would be to play the quarterback with a hot hand in each and every game. Let JG start and if he's playing well go with him, if not, play Mauer. Just like we did this year. This gives us an opportunity to Redshirt Bailey. Unless Bailey it's just far better then either of the other quarterbacks.

Reactions: wesley21
Barring injury, redshirting Bailey is a pipe dream.

People are putting a lot of expectations on this kid...

With that said, The position is WIDE OPEN.
You shouldn't redshirt just because a player is from a new class .
-Have a legit competition
-Play the best player regardless of class

If you have an opportunity for stability and high productivity at QB then you go with it.
If you have 2 good QBs then you play them both to some degree if they both stay.

Backup is always one play away...
No need to redshirt Bailey even if he can't win the job.

People are putting a lot of expectations on this kid...

With that said, The position is WIDE OPEN.
You shouldn't redshirt just because a player is from a new class .
-Have a legit competition
-Play the best player regardless of class

If you have an opportunity for stability and high productivity at QB then you go with it.
If you have 2 good QBs then you play them both to some degree if they both stay.

Backup is always one play away...
No need to redshirt Bailey even if he can't win the job.
I think he’s had EXPECTATIONS since the 8th grade...some were born to handle it. Noticed the wishing for redshirts the last few seasons, and with Akpo and Simmons amongst others it was for the best. But a Toto, Morris and Wright should always play if they’re the best option and that should hold for Bailey if he’s the same.

If Bailey only plays in 4 games, my guess is it's less about "slinging it" and more about knowing everything Pruitt expects them to learn.
Now Bailey may be a prodigy, I'm speaking more of Pruitt's standards of knowledge and recognition, which are really high from I've heard so far.

Having freshmen Red Shirt shows that you are actually building depth and can afford to allow the young guys to learn the system, gain strength and progress. That's an ideal situation. We on the other hand, haven't been so lucky. HT is an exception though. He was ready cause of his HS coaches got him ready for the rigors of college football.

Having freshmen Red Shirt shows that you are actually building depth and can afford to allow the young guys to learn the system, gain strength and progress. That's an ideal situation. We on the other hand, haven't been so lucky. HT is an exception though. He was ready cause of his HS coaches got him ready for the rigors of college football.
As did Bailey's

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
If Bailey only plays in 4 games, my guess is it's less about "slinging it" and more about knowing everything Pruitt expects them to learn.
Now Bailey may be a prodigy, I'm speaking more of Pruitt's standards of knowledge and recognition, which are really high from I've heard so far.
If HB is as good as he appears, it would be a waste to red-shirt him. He will only be here 3 years unless he is in position to set records. Even that might not keep him here 4 years.

I think he’s had EXPECTATIONS since the 8th grade...some were born to handle it. Noticed the wishing for redshirts the last few seasons, and with Akpo and Simmons amongst others it was for the best. But a Toto, Morris and Wright should always play if they’re the best option and that should hold for Bailey if he’s the same.

Bailey is literally the most developed QB we have had in a really long time. He can make all the throws. Has very good instincts and throws the ball to a spot not just to the receiver.

This is why you and I and everyone else have high expectations for him. Hopefully it all clicks for him because he can be a game changer next year if it does.

Bailey is literally the most developed QB we have had in a really long time. He can make all the throws. Has very good instincts and throws the ball to a spot not just to the receiver.

This is why you and I and everyone else have high expectations for him. Hopefully it all clicks for him because he can be a game changer next year if it does.
And I don’t think I’m alone in being prepared for it NOT to happen...despite the usual narratives.

VN Store

Back