The Official Tennessee vs. Indiana Tax Slayer Gator Bowl Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

Prove it wrong, bring in your stats and prove yourself right. Def won those games fact. Gray ran his way over Vandy. If JG was decent then Tn would have avg more than 22 points a game. JG had 1 great game in 4 years Mizzou game. You try to act as if JG put this team on his back and willed them to 6 wins. Nobody buys your love fest for JG , I am still waiting on you to answer my questions and I just dont think you are going to. Anybody with any sense knows that this defense carried this team and if you refuse to see that then its pretty plain that you dont have a clue about football.
Go back and reread everything you wrote. Please provide me with some facts as to how YOU KNOW we WOULD have avg more than 22 with someone else on the roster. Woulda shoulda coulda is not easily debated.

Just think, if we have the boys ready for the first 2 games, we are possibly sitting at 10-3 ranked in the top 15. Those 2 games still make me sick to my stomach, maybe a new DC and OC in same season contributed to it, who knows, but no excuse to lose to Ga St

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
He’s awful and not the answer. Pruitt better run his ass off, he better never take another snap at Tennessee.

Lol and if he leaves you guys will be begging for him next year.. BM was even worse than JG this year and who the hell knows what HB will look like as a true freshman

Just stop with the last 6, only one of those teams had a winning record and Tenn struggled in all but 1 of those games. This offense probably avg 22-23 points a game. Defense is what won those games. They showed it on TV tonight that the defense was giving up 14 points a game in the 5-6 games

That is factually inaccurate.

In Tennessee's last 6 games of 2019 they played 3 teams with winning records( UAB, KY and Indiana ), and 4 teams who won enough games to be bowl eligible( UAB, KY, Mizou and Indiana). 41-21 vs USC isn't a struggle, 30-7 vs UAB isn't a struggle and 28 - 10 vs Vandy isn't a struggle. We might not have dominated every aspect of the game from start to finish....but a 3 possession game isn't a struggle.

If you are going to be critical about the team and it's players....at least do a better job of having correct information.

HB will look better as a freshman than JG as a redshirt senior.

That sounds good, but we have no way of knowing.. we'll see during the Spring. JG was our best option this year. I just dont understand the constant bashing, if he leaves unfortunately that leaves a true freshman for our fans to constantly b**** at next year.

It's H. Bailey next season or bust.

Hope that as recent history is showing, that the top college QB's to perform and deliver on their rankings, and more so, them geographically coming from Georgia where there is an ability to compare them, that we have the next really good one.

D. Watson, Fromm, Lawrence, Fields. Bailey, at least as of now through his high school career, is on the same playing field.

Does it continue on at UT? Will he thrive under the pressure we will put on him? If recent history shows the above QB's and their trajectory in college, as of now, we are in the greater probability Bailey succeeds here. Cross your fingers.

JG is not the QB we need next year. Love his toughness and what he has done this year and how he handled this season, but, VFL or not, we need Bailey to be the guy next year.

That is factually inaccurate.

In Tennessee's last 6 games of 2019 they played 3 teams with winning records( UAB, KY and Indiana ), and 4 teams who won enough games to be bowl eligible( UAB, KY, Mizou and Indiana). 41-21 vs USC isn't a struggle, 30-7 vs UAB isn't a struggle and 28 - 10 vs Vandy isn't a struggle. We might not have dominated every aspect of the game from start to finish....but a 3 possession game isn't a struggle.

If you are going to be critical about the team and it's players....at least do a better job of having correct information.
Funny how supposed fans will try to downplay every accomplishment the team has 😂

Not sure if this has been discussed but I found last two minutes time management interesting. First, before the missed FG, Indiana was about to call their last timeout. Had we not beat them to that then we just take three knees and the clock runs out. Second, Jennings snaps the ball with seven seconds on the play clock on third down. Third, officials stop clock to measure after an obvious incorrect spot. That resets the play clock to 25 seconds rather than a running 40 seconds had the officials marked it properly, clearly short of a first down. And finally we commit the penalty that stops the clock with just a few second of that 25 seconds run off. So, if we just take three knees and punt, IU gets the ball with about 30 seconds left rather than more than a minute that they had.

Lol and if he leaves you guys will be begging for him next year.. BM was even worse than JG this year and who the hell knows what HB will look like as a true freshman
Yes, BM is dangerous, but he also hasn’t had the benefit of being the guy. There is also a fundamental problem with this offense getting guys open. I don’t think this is a very good QB staff. Weinke needs to go. I don’t like the idea of an OC who isn’t your QB coach.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
That sounds good, but we have no way of knowing.. we'll see during the Spring. JG was our best option this year. I just dont understand the constant bashing, if he leaves unfortunately that leaves a true freshman for our fans to constantly b**** at next year.
His extremely inconsistent play makes everyone want to ''vomit'' & he has shown many a time he cannot hit an open target. Offensively we really look ugly the majority of the game unless the run game is really churning.

I’m far from a JG hater but I know he’s not the solution. He will never be better than 50/50. Unfortunately, I do believe he is the best we have. Mauer has talent but is more inconsistent than JG and tends to take far more risks which leads to turnovers. Shrout just doesn’t seem to have it either. I don’t think Pruitt stubbornly stuck with JG because he believes he’s an elite QB, he’s just playing the best card we have which unfortunately isn’t very good. Otherwise he wouldn’t have gone after BAiley. Pruitt has his eyes on the future with this new QB coming in, but right now we can only play with the cards we’ve been dealt.
Really don't understand why all the 'smartest QB guys in the room' :cool: can't grasp this, that it's QB play that's killing us, not JG. JG is what JG is, it's not his fault UT has sucked for so long that this is where we are, rebuilding from a much too recent dumpster fire. People, adult people, I assume, act like it's the kid's fault he's playing.

Pruitt's playing him...the buck stops there and it's not as easy to heap the hate on the head coach as it is a young QB but imo the accountability for lack of consistent quality QB play doesn't lay at the feet of CJP or JG...the more one resists something they can't control the more the problems persist.

I'm grateful JG is as resilient as he is, imagine where we'd be w/o him due to injury

VN Store

Back