The Official Tennessee vs. Indiana Tax Slayer Gator Bowl Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

That luck is going to run out with JG. We need Qb play that will help us be competitive against the elites next year. JG is not the guy.
But don't you realize that he saved us from the doom that had been brought upon us by that quarterback who threw the two interceptions? Who was that guy who threw the picks and put us in the hole...Oh, wait...

lol , UAB ? really. Of course it wasnt a struggle and it was not suppose to be and if my memory was right leading up to that game not one team UAB had played did not even have a winning record. I forgot about the high powered UAB game ,that is how relevant that game was. I was not even talking about the IU game because it was about the regular season, pay attention snowflake. You didnt save the day like you think , now run along

Absolutely none of that dribble changes the fact that your earlier post was 100% inaccurate.

You can offer your opinion on things and those items are debatable.....but when you post blatant falsehoods you need to be corrected.

And if you were any kind of actual fan you would acknowledge the fact that you were wrong and move on.

Your response says a ton about who and what your are.

Go Vols.

lol , UAB ? really. Of course it wasnt a struggle and it was not suppose to be and if my memory was right leading up to that game not one team UAB had played did not even have a winning record. I forgot about the high powered UAB game ,that is how relevant that game was. I was not even talking about the IU game because it was about the regular season, pay attention snowflake. You didnt save the day like you think , now run along

AND if you were only talking the last 6 games of the regular season your post was STILL factually inaccurate......snowflake

AND if you were only talking the last 6 games of the regular season your post was STILL factually inaccurate......snowflake
tell me what is inaccurate smart one. You going to tell me that the defense did not carry this team in 4 of the last 6 wins and if you want to include the IU game then by all means , they won that game also. Tell me what is inaccurate. they won their last 6 games and not 1 team including UAB was worth a crap. You can spin your post all you want nothing is inaccurate. Offense had a good game against Mizzo. For the record UAB had 4 turnovers in that game and the offense still could not produce but 3 TDs and the rest were FGs.

Last edited:
That luck is going to run out with JG. We need Qb play that will help us be competitive against the elites next year. JG is not the guy.

I agree. JG should be our inspirational leader and 1st fireman off the bench. If he balks he can't say that he wasn't given ample chances. IMO he's just a slow thinker as a QB and that's not a good thing. This is what makes Joe Burrow so good. He can go through progressions very quickly and make good decisions on where to deliver the ball. JG has what I would best describe as "worried look on his face", as he awaits the play call from the bench. This is not "poise" which is what you want to see from your field general. We've screwed around with him long enough. We need to move on. We have all off season to do better. Unfortunately he was the best we had this yr

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
tell me what is inaccurate smart one. You going to tell me that the defense did not carry this team in 4 of the last 6 wins and if you want to include the IU game then by all means , they won that game also. Tell me what is inaccurate. they won their last 6 games and not 1 team including UAB was worth a crap. You can spin your post all you want nothing is inaccurate. Offense had a good game against Mizzo. For the record UAB had 4 turnovers in that game and the offense still could not produce but 3 TDs and the rest were FGs.

The fact that you said in our last 6 games we only played one team with a winning record dumb one.

The fact that you said we struggled in all but one of those games dumb one.

Seriously dude.....throw the shovel down and walk away.

You were wrong. You continue to be wrong. And saying the same stupid crap over and over and over wont make you any less wrong.

I'm not spinning ANYTHING. YOU and ONLY YOU made a factually inaccurate statement. Own it and move on.....or conitue to look clueless.....it's al up to you .....snowflake.

Reactions: Old-n-4getful-Vol
All I see is the 2nd longest winning streak in the country going into the'20 season and a blue chip Fr QB coming in. I firmly believe we have a great QB room going into the spring with JG/HB/BM and the other 3. I would not think that if we were relying on just a true Fr HB and BM to lead us to wins in the SEC next year. Experience matters whether impatient fans believe it or not. If Bailey is better he'll play, if not it'll be JG and we'll have a chance to be successful with either one.

We have no chance to win sec east with jg at qb

Did decisive bowl wins show progression for Butch's teams? Bowl games are funny and incredibly unpredictable.

I saw Pruitt field a pretty stingy defense, build a stout o line, and return a missing toughness to Vol football this year.

This team was a QB away from 10 sure wins - and potentially beating Bama. I call that progress.

And for the record, I was in favor of firing him after GSU. Glad I'm not in charge.

I totally agree. Only problem I see with Pruitt is his qb decisions. We have 2 qb on roster now recruited by Pruitt. Shrout and Maurer. I think both are better than jg, but obviously Pruitt doesn't. But my main point is this. With 2 of Pruitts recruits at qb, and neither are better than jg? This doesn't speak well of his qb evaluation. With all this said I am totally behind Pruitt. He has us going in the right direction. We are a good qb away from being in contention for sec east champion.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
He made some plays down the stretch but jeez, that pick 6 in the 3rd quarter was a horrible read. Guarantano has been a starter for two full seasons now, and he has had Chaney working with him for one. That was a horrifically bad decision. He has to be better than that by this stage in his career.

The right play was called, jennings was open, he threw behind him, if jennings had been led by the pass like it should have been, it would have been complete.

The right play was called, jennings was open, he threw behing him, if jennings had been led by the pass like it should have been, it would have been complete.
That is not what I saw at all. Jennings wasn't open. The pass should not have been thrown. It was a bad read by Guarantano. Not to mention, he had tunnel vision and telegraphed it.

That is not what I saw at all. Jennings wasn't open. The pass should not have been thrown. It was a bad read by Guarantano. Not to mention, he had tunnel vision and telegraphed it.

You better take another look, jennings was open, only reason for int. it was badly underthrown, if he leads jennings easy completion. announcers even said the same thing.

Reactions: tnvols72
Well, You better fasten your seat belt, cause I bet he takes the first snap against Charlotte. LOL.

As much as I don't want to see this I think you are right, jg will be the starter because he does well in practice when it is like 70% of game speed.

You better take another look, jennings was open, only reason for int. it was badly underthrown, if he leads jennings easy completion. announcers even said the same thing.
I have looked... and just looked again. He wasn't open. Guarantano needed to account for #22 Johnson for Indiana, he had the route covered and it was an easy play for him. That had no chance. Sorry, I've looked at it several times now, and just went back to ESPN.com and watched it again. I'm not going to agree with you. It was a bad read by Guarantano and a gift pick six for Indiana.

Your gonna parade IUs wins out and tout that now. Look at some prior threads for how many teams they beat with a winning record..... listen I’m glad we won. But it just wasn’t an exciting win. We didn’t show progression. And if JG is our starter next year another 7-8 wins is our cap. Be angry if you want. This is a football school. We should want better and I do. I didn’t need a 55-0 performance. But a 4th quarter comeback was on the other side of the extreme.

I just looked up the last 4 years of recruiting rankings of college teams, Ut was 17th Ind was 41st. and we barely won. That should not be, we should have beat them by at least 3 td. I am thankful for the win but we got to have better qb play, that is the missing piece for us to be competitive for sec east champs. A lot has been said on this site about recruit rankings, Just thought I would check it out.

VN Store

Back