The Official Tennessee vs. Indiana Tax Slayer Gator Bowl Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

It could also be said.....missed block gives IU 3 points.

JG isn’t playing lights out.....but it isn’t all on him.

Heck the running game was looking really good......but they still want to pass more than run......that’s also not on JG. Not going for the field goal and being up 9 to 3 is not on JG.

JG not playing great......but decisions are also costing Tennessee in this game.

True, but he should have eaten the ball and taken the sack. Sometimes that's the best option.

Classic JG game thus far. Should be 24 to 0 at the worse and due to poor redzone play and a horrible turnover its 6-3 and we find ourselves without the momentum.

He is such a bipolar player. Unfortunately no matter how good he can be its games and halves like this that should remind every Vol fan why we seriously are in need of a better QB to emerge for 2020.

Go Vols
So well said. No way, no freaking way, that Pruitt can let JG be our qb in 2020. Love Pruitt, but I’ll lose all faith in him if he runs JG out there again next year.

They aren't awful but their record is misleading. They beat no one and lost every game they should have, and almost choked against a bad Purdue team. I'll give them some slack on the Purdue game since it's their biggest rival, but they are exactly average.
They beat Virginia who ended up in the top 25 and played Florida pretty tough a few nights ago... I wouldn’t say they lost to everybody they should have... we didn’t beat anybody that ended up in the top 25 so...

Assuming Mauer is healthy, I think that if he had played the first half, we’d have at least 7 more points than we have now. We might also have had an additional INT. Who knows?

Wouldn’t surprise me to see another QB at least on a few series in the 2nd half.

I hope JJ gives us a spark. We need something. Despite having a lead, that was a bad half overall, even considering the solid defense for most of it.

True, but he should have eaten the ball and taken the sack. Sometimes that's the best option.

I agree

And I could be wrong, but it looked like he committed to the pass before he saw the unblocked defender, which hit his arm and caused the int.

Again he isn’t playing great......but there is “crap” to spread around.

VN Store

Back