The Official Tennessee vs. Indiana Tax Slayer Gator Bowl Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

Indiana fan checking in at halftime. You guys are owning us in all facets of the game. I think you all should impose the run more. We can’t stop it. You get 4-5yards a run. Lucky to even be in this.

You have completely taken away our dink and dunk offense I knew was coming. Having our starting rb out hurts. But I wasn’t expecting us to completely desert the run. Without it we can’t open up a pass game at all. Play your game in the second and our defense will not hold up. It hasn’t all year !
Honest assessment. Do you have any suggestions where we can find a Qb?

JG is really f$%&%$ it up for Tennessee. Late on throws consistently, just doing too damn much like with the int and deciding to go for it on 4th down on the first drive.

The maddening thing about JG is he’s just so inconsistent. Not only from game to game but from play to play. He can look like an elite quarterback one play and throw into double coverage the next. It’s not a hardware issue this is all software.

I dont disagree. But for people to act like they’re a crap team is ridiculous. They’re not world beaters but they aren’t awful either.

They aren't awful but their record is misleading. They beat no one and lost every game they should have, and almost choked against a bad Purdue team. I'll give them some slack on the Purdue game since it's their biggest rival, but they are exactly average.

Reactions: amorange
JG pick gives IU 3 points.

It could also be said.....missed block gives IU 3 points.

JG isn’t playing lights out.....but it isn’t all on him.

Heck the running game was looking really good......but they still want to pass more than run......that’s also not on JG. Not going for the field goal and being up 9 to 3 is not on JG.

JG not playing great......but decisions are also costing Tennessee in this game.

At this point Bailey should win the job easy. JG just doesn’t have any feel. Pre snap? Nope. During th play? Nope. You know once he breaks outside the pocket that nothing good is going to happen.

I will say this. If it is Bailey, he needs to be the number 1 the minute he takes practice field in Spring practice. And then throw the kitchen sink at him for season opener vs Charlotte. I think the OU game is very winnable for us given the fact our defense should be very stout. We should not have a vanilla offense going into that game.

VN Store

Back