'20 MD WDE Demon Clowney

Well, its going to effect every school because all the schools process.
What you're not being the slightest bit open to with your homerism is that this isn't "normal processing"... this is turning a nose up to a very good player on a VERY good HS team... and it already cost them a 5* WR and is going to bar them from recruiting a HS team with a plethora of D1 SEC talent... it was clearly not handled with "clean hands" or there wouldn't have been that backlash

There is no extreme... there is no agreement.. the agreement is on signing day or after.

Tennessee processes kids, if you don't believe that I have a bridge to sell you.
A guy gaining 150 lbs after committing isnt extreme?

That was your first example.

The next one was a serious injury.

This apparently is about getting a guy higher on your board. "Processing" as you put it. Not your committed player gained a buck 50 or breaking his back.

Sure they do. And when it has happened I dont question why a kid would be ill getting his offer pulled if that's where he wanted to play and the school took his commitment.

Reactions: jakez4ut
A guy gaining 150 lbs after committing isnt extreme?

That was your first example.

The next one was a serious injury.

This apparently is about getting a guy higher on your board. "Processing" as you put it. Not your committed player gained a buck 50 or breaking his back.

Sure they do. And when it has happened I dont question why a kid would be ill getting his offer pulled if that's where he wanted to play and the school took his commitment.

I guess at this point, we're ending the discussion. Every school including Tennessee processes... some are processed for no reason known, some are processed because they suck, some are processed because their are bigger fish, some are processed because they get hurt, some are processed because their grades suck, some are processed because they're insane i.e. Bourque, etc.

Yes, it was about a better player being on the board i.e. Webb, there is nothing abnormal about this... which is why I said Clowney probably wouldn't make the cut last week... its no real secret... you're just ignorant of how all this works... all the schools do it including Tennessee.

I guess I am confused as to what you guys are thinking, there is no obligation by any party until signing day.... the rest is just acting in good faith to possible come to an agreement.

Everytime you see these low ranking players dropping off UTs board through the year... they're most likely being processed... not sure you understand this system. Signing days is the actual agreement.

Info from the dog pound.🤷🏽‍♂️

Attachments

• 00D45BED-A6F5-4D7B-B836-BA7BC0450529.png
    00D45BED-A6F5-4D7B-B836-BA7BC0450529.png
    869.2 KB · Views: 434
  • 88CDD2C0-CE17-4DAA-A451-566D5395D69A.png
    88CDD2C0-CE17-4DAA-A451-566D5395D69A.png
    1 MB · Views: 427
I kinda don’t want him on first name alone, but then again I kinda want him based on last name alone

I guess at this point, we're ending the discussion. Every school including Tennessee processes... some are processed for no reason known, some are processed because they suck, some are processed because their are bigger fish, some are processed because they get hurt, some are processed because their grades suck, some are processed because they're insane i.e. Bourque, etc.

Yes, it was about a better player being on the board i.e. Webb, there is nothing abnormal about this... which is why I said Clowney probably wouldn't make the cut last week... its no real secret... you're just ignorant of how all this works... all the schools do it including Tennessee.

I guess I am confused as to what you guys are thinking, there is no obligation by any party until signing day.... the rest is just acting in good faith to possible come to an agreement.

Everytime you see these low ranking players dropping off UTs board through the year... they're most likely being processed... not sure you understand this system. Signing days is the actual agreement.

1. I've never claimed UT or anyone else doesnt recruit over committed players for various reasons. Either you are legitimately confused, or you realized how silly your examples were and decided to build an argument that I never made.

2. Yes. This processing does happen for different reasons. High school injuries, criminal or character issues, recruited over, maybe they need a spot for a different position.........The point is not that it doesnt or shouldnt happen but that all of those reasons are not equal or the same for both parties.

For example, if a kid commits to a school and they take that commitment (kid shuts down his recruitment) and that kid has a car wreck that puts his short term maybe even long term football health in jeopardy and the school walks, that's a lot different than if he has character or even criminal issues. Or if hes perfectly healthy and of character but just gets replaced.
The first one sucks because the player had no control over the situation but its understandable that the school cant take the risk. The second one, the player does have control and made a decision that put himself in jeopardy. That's on him and totally understandable if the school moves on. The last does and will continue to happen even without an extreme event like the first 2. If a kid decides he was led on and doesnt think much of the school for that move it's totally understandable. Substantially more than the first 2 examples.

2. Yes. This processing does happen for different reasons. High school injuries, criminal or character issues, recruited over, maybe they need a spot for a different position.........The point is not that it doesnt or shouldnt happen but that all of those reasons are not equal or the same for both parties.

Why shouldn't it happen? The offer is just the very beginning of the process. The offer andor a commitment or taking a commitment really don't mean to much other than an agreement to come up with an agreement. So... parties agree to possibly come up with an agreement during the signing periods, or its my understanding the kid just comes to school and enrolls and files his financial paperwork. You are placing too much importance on offer, commitment and taking - the only thing that really matters is if the players signs the LOI during the signing period that the school has given. The rest is just the process to get to that point.

As long as parties act in good faith, I see no issue with kids de-committing or the school telling them to look elsewhere - depends on the details.

Why shouldn't it happen? The offer is just the very beginning of the process. The offer andor a commitment or taking a commitment really don't mean to much other than an agreement to come up with an agreement. So... parties agree to possibly come up with an agreement during the signing periods, or its my understanding the kid just comes to school and enrolls and files his financial paperwork. You are placing too much importance on offer, commitment and taking - the only thing that really matters is if the players signs the LOI during the signing period that the school has given. The rest is just the process to get to that point.

As long as parties act in good faith, I see no issue with kids de-committing or the school telling them to look elsewhere - depends on the details.

I cannot state this any clearer...........................

LSU DID NOT ACT IN GOOD FAITH OR THE KID WOULDN'T BE PISSED OFF

I cannot state this any clearer...........................

LSU DID NOT ACT IN GOOD FAITH OR THE KID WOULDN'T BE PISSED OFF

Anyone that has spoke directly to Rakim, Damon, SFA, or St Johns can confirm this processing was not done in good faith. All processing sucks. Fans and staffs get ticked off when a recruit switches a commitment last minute and players get upset when they are dropped for another recruit. That’s life. This situation was much more direct LYING. Coaches looked them in the eye and lied to their face. I can’t make that any more clear. Biff coached at Michigan and has sent well over 100 kids to d1 programs, so he gets the game. There’s also a reason SFA is significantly PO’d.

With that being said, I’m sure every coach lies and every player lies. So is life.

Again.
Where did I say it shouldnt. I havent and why you continue with that idea shows ignorance.

You pitched 2 silly examples that are very different than what happened here. I pointed out the differences and why I dont have an issue with this kid not liking what happened. Dont confuse that with idea that I'm saying LSU shouldnt be able to do that. Im for choices and if it bites them or any other school in the azz with future recruits then so be it. That was your choice.

I'll wait for you to respond with something else I havent said.

Reactions: jakez4ut
By doing what?

(I'll await your response, you'll have to go on my ignore if you can't back it up)
By the recruit and schools reaction. If it was done with "clean hands" the coach wouldnt be pissed, but you know this, you are just being willfully ignorant because it deals with LSU.

By the recruit and schools reaction. If it was done with "clean hands" the coach wouldnt be pissed, but you know this, you are just being willfully ignorant because it deals with LSU.

Just because someone is pissed about an agreement that was not agreed upon does not mean someone has to act with unclean hands - that means the deal didn't get done. What act are you referring to or implying?

You claiming "ignorance" is kind of like the pot calling the kettle black, if someone is pissed why are they pissed? Until we know the why none us can have an opinion as to whether something was not done in good faith. This really isn't that complicated, maybe you have something that I would actually agree with but you haven't provided anything for me to consider in your post.

As far as Clowney, basically known by everyone for quite some time that he was going to be shown (or likely) the exit - it really wasn't a secret.

It was so ****ing secret that I posted the likelihood a month ago. I must be the Super Being with God like Powers. Oh look there Mr. Know It All... I just happen to pick the guys that got processed to the T although there is a chance CamRon signs.
'20 - LA DT Jalen Lee

Last edited:

VN Store

Back